The Falkirk FC Thread

I currently pay FSS £20 a month and I’m happy to pay my ST up front. Have looked at this FFF thing but I think I’ll just stick with what I’m currently doing. 

If I could afford another £10 a month, would I be better giving it to FFF or giving the FSS another £10, thoughts anyone🤔

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Proposed pricing seems fine, just give folks option to pay “ Full Whack” from Day 1 if they want to or can afford to do so.

Sure that’s something they could do in the club shop perhaps not so much online.

49 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Signed up for FFF tonight.  Great initiative by the club.

I can’t say I understand it. What is the iniative?

45 minutes ago, alonso said:

Back to the play offs ... trying to work out what holidays I might need.

Semis are straight forward, finish 2nd and 2nd leg at home.

For the final, 1st leg at home if we play the Championship club...

What happens if 4th in league 1 beats the Championship club? Do they take the place of the championship club and get the 2nd leg at home or would finishing higher in our league take precedence for 2nd leg home advantage?

If we managed to get to the final and we play the team 4th in our league then we’d take the place of the championship team as we’d be higher ranked so we’d be at home second leg just like the semi final. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I can’t say I understand it. What is the iniative?

My reading of it is that it’s just a donation that will go straight into the player budget and for signing up to it you get the option to pay the ST over 12 months.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

My reading of it is that it’s just a donation that will go straight into the player budget and for signing up to it you get the option to pay the ST over 12 months.

Good to see FSS members also get the chance to pay in 12 monthly instalments.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Correct.  It's not the same however similar to B4L.  Hopefully more fans get behind it.

Edited by Latapy is god

2 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Correct.  It's not the same however similar to B4L.  Hopefully more fans get behind it.

I’m undecided as to whether to give the FFF initiative the £10 a month or would it not be better upping my FSC payment to try and help buy up the unsold shares.

15 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If we managed to get to the final and we play the team 4th in our league then we’d take the place of the championship team as we’d be higher ranked so we’d be at home second leg just like the semi final. 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

FSS money goes in to the playing budget too. 

Think the FFF presents an option for anyone who may not believe in the fan ownership model but, as I’ve said previously, fan ownership is already here so personally can’t understand why anyone would prefer to join FFF with the same benefits but no say within the FSS democratic structure. 

Either way, to me the message is still that we need more to sign up for either scheme to help increase McGlynns budget in a new sustainable model that won’t rely on the unpredictable. Hopefully this will see an increase in FSS membership along with hopefully gaining promotion and getting to the Cup final(fingers crossed!). 

3 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

An increase of 10% - 15% on STs feels about right.  Im a FFS member and ST holder - looks like a no brainer to go to monthly payment for ST. 

I've got sympathy for the hike in concession prices with one caveat -   

Id support the withdrawal of the concession for over 65s - especially if it went hand in hand with a lower increase (or freeze) in ST prices for other concessions. 

The State Pension just went up by nearly £1,000 pa and the weight of evidence shows that poverty among those over State pension Age (66 now) is much lower than the population at large -> https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN07096/SN07096.pdf

Its a thorny issue mind as its never easy to back out of these things once established.   Nobody needs to claim it of course but human nature is such that you can bet that 99%+ do.  

Before you ask, Im 58 and have paid full whack for a ST for nudging 30 (edit - 40!) years so Im close-ish to the age 65 concession.       

Finally three thoughts from last night -

1.  the Montrose goalie looked tiny

2.  is the Montrose mascot really a beaver?

3.  How brilliant are they going to be with Ryan Williamson :)    

Absolutely against removing the over 65 concession.

Nothing to prevent pensioners paying full price if they are in a position to do so.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m undecided as to whether to give the FFF initiative the £10 a month or would it not be better upping my FSC payment to try and help buy up the unsold shares.

I’m with Springfield. More money to FSS means collectively we’ll get to buy up the shares quicker to help keep the club in safe hands. Club gets the full amount too when shares are purchased each month.