The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Doesn’t seem like it. Will be limited in the same way FSS is with benefits making it liable for VAT deductions. FSS share benefits too. 

VAT can be a proper minefield….…Jaffa Cakes being a well known example. Donations are (I think) VAT free, but once anything that can be construed as “benefits” come into play, the waters can be quickly muddied. There seems to be lots of grey areas that the VAT man (again, it seems as if it can vary from inspector to inspector) tends to pursue to the benefit of HMRC.

We’ll just have to wait and see how it’s marketed. Things may change over time.

17 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

With the FFF scheme running concurrently and effectively doing the same thing then surely the onus to help bridge the funding gap now falls on the club as much as has been requested of the FSS?

I would think it’s been launched with the belief that the FSS isn’t reaching everyone, and the FFF is intended to target those who have no interest in furthering the aims of the FSS.

I have no idea if that’s 10 people or 1,000 people. 

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

My issue with the ticket system is (and I think this may be Number 7s issue) is that the ticket site works very well/easily if buying KM stand tickets or unreserved Main  stand tickets (or indeed your own ST seat) but it’s virtually impossible to buy seats on your friends/families behalf in one transaction for cup games etc and you can’t link a group together. I’ve fed it back but don’t believe it can be rectified.

Each ST holder needs to buy for themselves, UNLESS you bought multiple STs for a group at the time of purchase.

Ah right, different situation to us then. Bit mince that it's not easier for multiple st holders.

50 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would think it’s been launched with the belief that the FSS isn’t reaching everyone, and the FFF is intended to target those who have no interest in furthering the aims of the FSS.

I have no idea if that’s 10 people or 1,000 people. 

Yeh and if it gets extra then great. As I said I just don’t understand why someone would rather pay for zero influence but it does give that option so covers all aspects.

Be interesting to see the take up as FSS have sung about the benefits of being part of a collective fan ownership for 1.5 years and have successfully gained a large share of fans to join that is continuing to grow. Been a lot of questions on here regarding benefits, pay options, marketing etc to get more members so see if the club being involved can hopefully help boost overall numbers for both schemes. As I said personally I think more should join FSS but will be each to their own and the FFF will present that option to anyone who may want to contribute but for whatever reason doesn’t want to do it via FSS. 

As for the VAT, I did have concerns from information I had gathered but with the ST monthly price the same as the early bird then there’s no real financial benefit to joining the FFF. Only issue with VAT is HMRC will give guidance and not a ruling on potential or future supplies. As I said though from all I can gather they’re in safe territory. 

Edited by Van_damage

39 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

With the FFF scheme running concurrently and effectively doing the same thing then surely the onus to help bridge the funding gap now falls on the club as much as has been requested of the FSS?

I felt  that there was some unfair criticism of the level of membership the FSS had achieved so if you expect little take up of this then is it fair to expect the FSS to increase 3/4 fold? 

I have never criticised the FSS in terms of effort to get people signed up. Clearly however some fans don’t want to for whatever reason which has nothing to do with the FSS or the way it is run. 

IMO the club are simply trying to see if there are fans out there who wish to join this and not the FSS. I do not think there will be a downside for FSS. Taking the positive they may work harder and smarter to attract more members. 

43 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Doesn’t seem like it. Will be limited in the same way FSS is with benefits making it liable for VAT deductions. FSS share benefits too. 

There are no VAT implications. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I agree. As it stands, no VAT implications because of the limited benefit package. It can get messy if further benefits are added, but as it stands, nothing for a VAT man to have any interest in.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know but that was said in relation to other potential benefits you asked about. Anything else would have to be considered carefully as the issue with the FSS and when it had been asked for there to be more benefits. 

12 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I know but that was said in relation to other potential benefits you asked about. Anything else would have to be considered carefully as the issue with the FSS and when it had been asked for there to be more benefits. 

The club have offered ST offers for years. Discounts for food, clothes, drink etc etc. nothing different to that as I see. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The club have offered ST offers for years. Discounts for food, clothes, drink etc etc. nothing different to that as I see. 

Thought you were referring specifically to the FFF scheme? 

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have never criticised the FSS in terms of effort to get people signed up. Clearly however some fans don’t want to for whatever reason which has nothing to do with the FSS or the way it is run. 

IMO the club are simply trying to see if there are fans out there who wish to join this and not the FSS. I do not think there will be a downside for FSS. Taking the positive they may work harder and smarter to attract more members. 

If it means the FSS has to work smarter and harder then surely that’s because it poses as direct competition and therefore be a downside for the FSS to gain more members?

I do agree the club are simply trying to cover all angles with this but if someone was willing to give a £10 donation then surely as likely to join the 1876 club or something else too. 

Edited by Van_damage

18 hours ago, CHEMOMAN said:

Your club's online ticketing system for Saturday is a fucking shambles. Just saying as you pride yourselves on being a big "professional" club!

Forgot that PC's and mobile phones were quite new to Airdrie.

18 hours ago, alonso said:

Cheers

I've never agreed with rewarding failure like they do constantly in Scottish football. If a champ club is in the playoffs it's because they've had a dreadful season so why give them the advantage of a second leg home tie in fixtures over the teams in league one who've had decent seasons. Absolute nonsense.

With the announcement of Nesbitt's new extended deal, I’m guessing that regardless of what the season end brings, players who McGlynn wants to keep and those he’s doesn’t will have been discreetly spoken to.
With the spine of the team (most under contract for another year) interesting to see who’s not in his plans. I’m assuming we will try and get Kinnear signed up, but not sure about PJ.
The back four are already signed up, apart from a RB which is needed, midfield ?  Do we keep McGinn?, Morrison likely to be away if reports are true that he fancy’s down south. Kennedy back to arse cheek.

Max back to SJ. Yeats for me is a fringe player, and although some promising starts, doesn’t cut it for me, and we’ve got Lawal & McGuffie likely to be released.

Up front we have Wright Allen Oliver all signed up, but increasingly looking like Burrell will be released. 
Interesting few weeks coming up both on and off the park.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With the announcement of Nesbitt's new extended deal, I’m guessing that regardless of what the season end brings, players who McGlynn wants to keep and those he’s doesn’t will have been discreetly spoken to.
With the spine of the team (most under contract for another year) interesting to see who’s not in his plans. I’m assuming we will try and get Kinnear signed up, but not sure about PJ.
The back four are already signed up, apart from a RB which is needed, midfield ?  Do we keep McGinn?, Morrison likely to be away if reports are true that he fancy’s down south. Kennedy back to arse cheek.

Max back to SJ. Yeats for me is a fringe player, and although some promising starts, doesn’t cut it for me, and we’ve got Lawal & McGuffie likely to be released.

Up front we have Wright Allen Oliver all signed up, but increasingly looking like Burrell will be released. 

Wright's on loan from county is he not?

Morrison is under contract is he not so someone will have to pay cash for him. Yeats is under contract and will be on peanuts so I reckon he'll be here given he can cover a couple of positions.

I doubt any decisions will have been passed on to the players as yet. Last thing you want is anyone downing tools before playoffs and a cup semi.

33 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don't think he'll have told those he doesn't want that they're going, at least not the ones that have any chance of featuring before the end of the season. You don't want McGuffie, for example, not putting in the effort in the play-offs because he knows he's going.

If Lawal and Burrell aren't spoken to about extending their deals (unless there's some reason beyond their actual ability that means he doesn't want to keep them) then I'd start to doubt McGlynn's opinion on a player's worth.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think he'll have told those he doesn't want that they're going, at least not the ones that have any chance of featuring before the end of the season. You don't want McGuffie, for example, not putting in the effort in the play-offs because he knows he's going.

If Lawal and Burrell aren't spoken to about extending their deals (unless there's some reason beyond their actual ability that means he doesn't want to keep them) then I'd start to doubt McGlynn's opinion on a player's worth.

The days of waiting till the last ball is kicked before talks are held are way gone. Player’s representatives/agents are continually pressing managers about deals being cut. Sometimes it works for clubs sometimes it doesn’t. Sure it was Sheerin (stand to be corrected) that said many deals are done in April / May although maybe not announced till June when official contracts end.