The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The majority on here were looking for progress and a playoff spot last June so I doubt many of us would've been up in arms if we'd been told that  was what the bod were also looking for back then.  I don't think anyone saw playoffs and getting scudded 6 2 by Airdrie which is quite rightly unacceptable but as I said as far as I'm aware promotion was never the be all and end all and if you don't get us up your fired .

Maybe not, but he has proved himself to be the biggest failure there is when it comes to the play offs.

People might have accepted going out to a Championship side (yes, even Hamilton), but to go down 6-2 after having been 5-0 down at half time against a side below us in the league is absolutely the standard by which managers stand or fall……and all this against a first year rookie player manager…….a manager who has moulded a team out of a few good players and a few pieces of flotsam and jetsam.
McGlynn is not going to get any better as a manager. What we saw last night wasn’t predictable as a scoreline, but there was enough pre-match to ask the question “wtf is he doing? He is sitting us up to lose this game”. You didn’t need to be a manager to see that.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We don't have the money to twist again, he'll get a chance at making it right next season. 

You just got the guts of £0.5m in windfall income and you dont have the money to sack a manager?

Seriously, how big exactly is this black hole? 

(Not saying you should sack him, but surely now of all times you could afford it?)

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You just got the guts of £0.5m in windfall income and you dont have the money to sack a manager?

Are you sure?

My understanding is that Championship clubs received £500k but League 1 clubs only got about £150k. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was the Scottish Cup run really that long ago that you've forgotten about it?

Windfall meaning: an unexpected, unearned, or sudden gain or advantage. e.g. the Covid money.

Our Scottish Cup run money was earned.

8 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

I cannot disagree with you.

Think where we were last and the previous year. Failed to make playoffs with soft good guy managers. This year, we make it to Hampden,  play offs, so a vast improvement with same players and a few additions.  The numpties love a moan. Too many lefty SNP voters. Get behind the team, we will overturn this deficit. Positive approach, not a negative hostile atmosphere

Well, I did mention wild takes.

26 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Windfall meaning: an unexpected, unearned, or sudden gain or advantage. e.g. the Covid money.

But it certainly wasn’t expected. You can’t possibly think the bod budgeted for getting to the semi final?

28 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

But it certainly wasn’t expected. You can’t possibly think the bod budgeted for getting to the semi final?

This. Although knowing your board...

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yeah, fair dos. I'm probably that pissed of at the moment that I'm over reacting to every perceived slight. Apologies to @Skyline Drifter and @Salvo Montalbano

40 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yeah, fair dos. I'm probably that pissed of at the moment that I'm over reacting to every perceived slight. Apologies to @Skyline Drifter and @Salvo Montalbano

For avoidance of doubt I was referring to the Scottish cup semi final run, which is absolutely a windfall, not a covid grant you got 2 years ago and clearly must have spent since there was talk of a six figure shortfall at the start of this season.

Who are the realistic replacements for McGlynn if he gets the boot after Saturday?

I was 50/50 after the shit show on Tuesday, but his arrogance and failure to identify his tactics & squad were to blame, is the final nail in the coffin for me. 

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

limmy-double-down.gif

What a load of shite. If you are wrong, own it, take your dumps and apologise.

Oh, and by the way, f*ck off

24 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Who are the realistic replacements for McGlynn if he gets the boot after Saturday?

I was 50/50 after the shit show on Tuesday, but his arrogance and failure to identify his tactics & squad were to blame, is the final nail in the coffin for me. 

We'd be in Yogi/Jobby territory, I think.

10 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Ffs, we're really digging into the shite heap now eh

Compared to McGlynn...not sure if they're improvements or not.

Jobby I think could do a good job. I was surprised he was punted by PT and he walked over us in this league. Yogi, I have a blind spot for. As a manager I think we had him at his peak, and he's been going downhill since. Failed at every club he's been at for the past 7-8 years but, at the same time, if he came back I'd be weirdly excited and pumped up. 

Guest FFC1965

Surprised nobody has mentioned Brian Rice - taking Alloa to the playoffs is a fair achievement and he has a connection with the club. 

Of course Alloa may yet go up, more chance of doing so than Falkirk in which case he might be more in demand further up the food chain.