The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Today's tactical master stroke was to have Donaldson hit high diagonal balls for Henderson to knock down into the Airdrie box and hope someone gets on the end of it. Henderson lost nearly all of these ariel duels unfortunately. 

I thought it was a masterstroke as he won them. Just a shame there wasn't anyone to get on the end of them ...

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The cup run has will probably make the BOD look back on the season as an overall success

I'd be surprised if an unremarkable run of beating Wick, Alloa, (one hit wonder) Darvel, & Ayr, followed up by a sound beating off a bang average ICT side is enough to convince them of that.

See if these games had been competitive and we narrowly lost out in the playoffs I'd be defending McGlynn - I reckon his strength is in building a squad and he is capable of winning what could potentially be a weak league 1 next year. 

However, the man has embarrassed us and shown time and again this season that he bottled the big moments. Couldn't care less if he went.

Barring a few comments how does Burrell escape criticism every time he starts, he’s absolutely fucking rotten. 

it’s like people are more willing to cut him slack cause he was a bit of an unknown signing. Had we signed him from Morton and Gary Oliver from down south he would of been called out ages ago for being the shitebag he is. 

Guest Ecosse83

The last few games have been sore, the last 5 years have been sore. But as soon as we get folk that know how to appoint a half decent manager we will start moving forward again, getting best off shit like Airdrie will be a a thing if the past. Just please can we get folk that know how to run a football club to take over and get us going again. All we need is a bit of momentum!! 

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'd be surprised if an unremarkable run of beating Wick, Alloa, (one hit wonder) Darvel, & Ayr, followed up by a sound beating off a bang average ICT side is enough to convince them of that.

I agree, however, they’ll focus more on the fact he got us to a semi final, which brought in huge financial benefits. They’ll not care the teams we had to beat to get there

8 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

But as soon as we get folk that know how to appoint a half decent manager we will start moving forward again, getting best off shit like Airdrie will be a a thing if the past. 

type set GIF

20 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

See if these games had been competitive and we narrowly lost out in the playoffs I'd be defending McGlynn - I reckon his strength is in building a squad and he is capable of winning what could potentially be a weak league 1 next year

However, the man has embarrassed us and shown time and again this season that he bottled the big moments. Couldn't care less if he went.

It's entitled comments like this that really makes everyone revel in the Billy-Big-Boys arse collapsing yet again 

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The last few games have been sore, the last 5 years have been sore. But as soon as we get folk that know how to appoint a half decent manager we will start moving forward again, getting best off shit like Airdrie will be a a thing if the past. Just please can we get folk that know how to run a football club to take over and get us going again. All we need is a bit of momentum!! 

"Shit like Airdrie", who've just handed you your arse 7-2 on aggregate 😂 The delusion is palpable

36 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

It's entitled comments like this that really makes everyone revel in the Billy-Big-Boys arse collapsing yet again 

"Shit like Airdrie", who've just handed you your arse 7-2 on aggregate 😂 The delusion is palpable

They've beat us twice in 16 games stretching waaaay back to before the pandemic.

Tinpot 

Edited by cb_diamond

6 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Nah that's just you looking for something there. I'm including Falkirk has a part of a potentially weak league.

Maybe to reword it as a league without a clear strong team.

I think that for now, the hatches will be well and truly battened down. I don’t think there will be any statement.

Edited by Duncan Freemason