The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, muppetshow said:

jeez, look at all the in-the-know fan board lap dogs who teased the story all day and the get fucked off coz the s*n leak it.  huge news indeed that we have borrowed money we dont actually need to borrow and for f**k knows what. aye huge news 

whats so great about this roboccop etc? 

No I didn’t tease this. Others did, so I tried to cap it by asking people to not post it if they knew. There was a strict embargo and it was the Scot govt who gave out the story to the newspapers. The Sun went early. 

And ironically one reason we tried to keep it secret was not to piss of the Scottish govt and let the story out before they told the world. 

This has been months in the making and you’ll get full details tomorrow.  I think all these worries have been considered and addressed. 

29 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

2 key questions:
- Given the loan is to FSS not the club what is it secured against? What do they do if subscriptions drop?
- This will take many many years for FSS to repay - when people wouldn’t sign up to FSS to give the manager more budget, who is going to sign up when the income is all going on repaying a loan?

Finally is this best use of our taxes when other public services are struggling and struggling for cash? As great as income is for the club, I’m not convinced this is a good move for the Scottish Government. The precedent has now been set and all clubs will be looking for the same loan.

That's the bit I don't get the FSS didn't get the uptake they'd hoped for so now are borrowing to plug a gap. I'm not convinced this is a good thing but without knowing the full ins and outs I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings. 

First of all, the sun is an absolute rag of a newspaper and I’m not surprised they’ve somehow got their hands onto this.

To me it sounds like FFS are getting 350k off the Government to start investing more into the club now and then pay it back at a later date when investments hopefully begin to recoup. Not sure why people would be opposed to this, basically speeds up the fan ownership process in essence. Obviously will be more clear later on.

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

b*****ds broke the embargo. Should have been 10am tomorrow. 

Am writing a strongly worded letter to the Sun. That will hopefully bring them to heel.

7 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

This will end badly

FFS. Go and take a look at yourself man. 

Anyone who thinks the FSS guys have just taken this cash and not thought it through and looked at the detail thoroughly must be deranged. 

Well done to them, they deserve all the credit in the world for this.

The detail today will be very interesting. 

I saw the post that the Alloa fan put out yesterday and as it turns out it was a lot of pish. I did however discuss the Falkirk situation with a friend and said that when we do get the information and it will be good news,  there will be Falkirk fans who will still moan about it and I was right. 

The bottom line is the club needs cash, the uptake for the FSS is fantastic but clearly not enough at the moment. The FSS have probably worked their arses off to get this deal through, it’s a better option than taking cash from some dodgy businessman. Let’s just wait and see what the details are.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

With foodbanks in every town these days I struggle to accept that this is the best use of Government money, but there you go. 

Edited by Enigma

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

With foodbanks in every town these days I struggle to accept that this is the best use of Government money, but there you go. 

Good point. However wouldn’t to worry to much if it’s only around £350k the FSS are receiving, the Government is currently funding and continues to feed millions of overspend/taxpayers money into two ships that may sail one day.

We’re soon to get the details, but hats off to the FSS, well done.

48 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

This will end badly

Seriously?! There is literally no down side to this news! 🤦‍♀️ The club is not liable, it allows the ffs to purchase all its shares in one go while the club gets a lump of cash up front. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Bet you weren’t saying that when the government threw covid money your way! 

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to reading the ins and outs when the club release more info. Now just spend the money wisely and get us out of this shithole of a league! 

32 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Give a man a fish he’ll eat for a day; give a man shares in FFC and he’ll eat for a lifetime.

What could possibly go wrong? A hefty loan given to a group where let's be honest their is a lack of accountability by the people who developed it. You only need to see that with the no chairman on the Club side of things. It hasn't worked out how they hoped so now borrowing money to make their dream happen. 

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army