The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

In the ten minutes he got, he immediately stood out as a guy who knows how to play football. Hope he gets the chance to show what he can do, but suspect he won’t. 

yeah its a tricky one. Certainly 17 is a decent age to start getting some game time but then I do appreciate the correct mentality needs to be there and a level of protecting the player.   

Think a lot of us are so excited to have a potential decent player from the Youth Set up come through as for obvious reasons its been so long,  but again need to appreciate we don't want to add pressure onto the lad.

Guest Back Post Misses
51 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’ll want a right back and a creative midfielder before the season starts.

Personally I’d hoped he’d empty Oliver and sign another striker who’s a goal threat - can’t see that now so hopefully Allan can get the goals.

Can’t see a creative MF coming in when you have Lawal, Nesbitt and Carrol. No chance we will see another striker IMO either especially when you have 2 new and one who joined in January. If it doesn’t work out that will be on McGlynns head. 

Was not there last night but looking into a game in any detail after 7/8 days back training when a good slug of the team is new IMO is a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Can’t see a creative MF coming in when you have Lawal, Nesbitt and Carrol. No chance we will see another striker IMO either especially when you have 2 new and one who joined in January. If it doesn’t work out that will be on McGlynns head. 

Was not there last night but looking into a game in any detail after 7/8 days back training when a good slug of the team is new IMO is a waste of time.

That’s what I said - we have 2 strikers in the squad and also Oliver and Agyeman so he won’t sign anymore.

Last night was a kick about.

28 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

yeah its a tricky one. Certainly 17 is a decent age to start getting some game time but then I do appreciate the correct mentality needs to be there and a level of protecting the player.   

Think a lot of us are so excited to have a potential decent player from the Youth Set up come through as for obvious reasons its been so long,  but again need to appreciate we don't want to add pressure onto the lad.

Appreciate we don’t want any pressure on the guy, but he’s already showing that he’s a clever player. Didn’t do any harm to guys like Sibbs etc given the chance ! 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Appreciate we don’t want any pressure on the guy, but he’s already showing that he’s a clever player. Didn’t do any harm to guys like Sibbs etc given the chance ! 

yeah I agree to be fair.  Was just pointing out what the argument against will be.

48 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let the laddie play. There will be absolutely no pressure on him at all, the support will be 100% behind him, one of our own, willing him to do well and will happily forgive him the odd mistake.

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Let the laddie play. There will be absolutely no pressure on him at all, the support will be 100% behind him, one of our own, willing him to do well and will happily forgive him the odd mistake.

I agree with this, we are renowned for being a fickle support but one thing we definitely do is get behind youth players, give them time and our full support.

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

yeah I agree to be fair.  Was just pointing out what the argument against will be.

People need to remember the kid lost him Mum last season, that must have hit him hard. Let McGlynn decide when he is right to take a bigger role..

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

People need to remember the kid lost him Mum last season,

Sorry wasn't aware of that(not that i should have been) 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let McGlynn decide when he is right to take a bigger role..

Ultimately I will.  But merely just chatting about the lads prospects this season.  As usual on this thread you try to start something in a positive way and it gets misconstrued!

Very much a kick about in the park last night, so can’t take too much from it. 

Thought the young boys who came on did well. Allan took his two goals like a clinical number 9 which was promising to see. Gary Oliver hitting the post from 4 yards out when we’re not even in July yet did bubble some of last seasons trauma to the surface.

17 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Thought the young boys who came on did well. Allan took his two goals like a clinical number 9 which was promising to see. Gary Oliver hitting the post from 4 yards out when we’re not even in July yet did bubble some of last seasons trauma to the surface.

Pleased for Allan, not sure what happened to him after signing but hope all players are starting with a clean slate.  

38 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Worrying start, might have only been a friendly but we looked average against a team of that stature. 

Unbelievable!

A kick about in June a few days after pre season restarts on little better than a public park and this is what some are taking from it.

Just ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’d say that progress - he wouldn’t have even been in the 6 yard box last season as he’d be too busy fannying about 30 yards from goal.

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unbelievable!

A kick about in June a few days after pre season restarts on little better than a public park and this is what some are taking from it.

Just ridiculous.

regardless, the opposition were at the same stage of pre-season as us and played on the same pitch. For an hour we were very poor. 

We improved substantially when the youngsters went on. 

On 27/06/2023 at 18:37, Bainsfordbairn said:

I could be proven wrong, but I'm not certain this is accurate. If they're going though to get experience then as long as they record what they see then brief highlights may be possible. There's definitely not a live stream though. 

Do you know if FalkirkTV were there last night? Any chance of us seeing some highlights? Cheers.

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pleased for Allan, not sure what happened to him after signing but hope all players are starting with a clean slate.  

Fitness from the jump from part time to full time he said was the struggle in one of his interviews with Falkirk TV but he should be at full fitness now with a half a season and a whole preseason under his belt with a full time team and hopefully a starting position but even if he is not the front line will still be just as strong with or without him in it

17 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Quick question, is the shop open this afternoon? Had a quick scroll through Twitter but can't see anything.

Should be normal times but tomorrow they are shutting early so they can get the shop up and ready for the away kit going on sale on Friday and with all the build up around it the kit should look good possibly better than the home kit