The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure they've brought in any real standouts. Barjonas never looked anything special. Henderson was awful at queen's park last season. Hendrie very meh. Tumilty was ok with us but nothing great. Hopefully they've also made the same mistake we did and kept the dud manager that got them relegated in the first place. I see they've set a target of 1000 season tickets for the first time ever so that tells you what we are up against . No excuses this season we have to get out this league .  I'm sure some decent loans will come in before we start in earnest to add to what we have . They are usually the players that make that difference in quality at the end of the day.

Let’s hope we’ve not made the mistake of keeping the manager that failed for us last season. McGlynn still has as much to prove this season IMO.

As for Henderson, I think he’s a brilliant signing for Hamilton and would have loved him for us. He may not have set the heather alight for Queens but he only got 4 starts for them. I’m similarly meh about Tumilty but do think they have amassed a fairly decent squad. 

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

And when the ball was eventually passed back to the keeper it was invariably rolled back out to a player for the passing about to start again, rather than punting it up the park.

Of course not when the goalie gets the ball every player makes themselves available. He selects the best option to launch the attack and if done tight you have the overload.

What I hope for is less pointless faffing about in the middle of the park

There are so many improvements that need to be made over last season. We witnessed so many deja vu moments despite there being a whole bunch of new players.

McGlynn has proved nothing so far other than he is utterly woeful in play offs. I don’t buy the “look what he inherited in terms of players”. What he really inherited was a club and Board that backed him as he has never been backed before, and in virtually every crucial game, he failed.

That 6-2 thrashing in the play offs is not something I will forgive or forget in a hurry. I can’t think of too many clubs that would have let McGlynn back in the door after that clusterfuck.

Got the away top today and must say it's every bit as nice as the photos. Usual size large aswell which I had my doubts about given some saying they are small made and get one or two sizes up. All I can say to them is you might want to lay off the pies a bit. 

Edited by ebobsboy

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There are so many improvements that need to be made over last season. We witnessed so many deja vu moments despite there being a whole bunch of new players.

McGlynn has proved nothing so far other than he is utterly woeful in play offs. I don’t buy the “look what he inherited in terms of players”. What he really inherited was a club and Board that backed him as he has never been backed before, and in virtually every crucial game, he failed.

That 6-2 thrashing in the play offs is not something I will forgive or forget in a hurry. I can’t think of too many clubs that would have let McGlynn back in the door after that clusterfuck.

Agreed. In his favour he was just in the door kind of and rolled out the phase 1 and 2 spiel, had that been a manager who had been here for a couple of seasons I think he'd have been gone. He's a nearly man imo but fail again this season then there will be a lot more than him leaving I fear. Fwiw even if he does get us up I wouldn't be in any great rush to keep him unless we want to be a mid table mob. 

Unreal. Watching the Bonnyrigg stream, and have seen neither goal. Both times my stream went into buffer mode. Has crashed twice already. Might be my BT internet, but near impossible to watch for me.