The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, alonso said:

Wasn't at the game and by all accounts we were unlucky/hard done by again, but at the end of the day that's 2 points dropped. To win this league we must start beating these pish pot teams, end of story.

It is but looking at the positives we are 3 points better off than this time last season and we would have lost that last season. My worry is injuries mounting up and not having the squad to cope.

Just back. Very much deserved to win that and would've done barring an awful refereeing decision and monumentally bad header by McKay when there looked to be no danger. Similar level of clanger to Lang against Dundee United where he could have done literally ANYTHING else and it wouldnt have resulted in a goal. 

Especially frustrating as we were well on top at that point, MacIvor very unlucky not to score hitting the inside of the post and the bar with headers and we had a couple more close efforts as well.

Cove barely troubled us all game. Thought Aggyeman played really well and Nesbitt lifted us again when he came on. Delighted for Jordan Allan, if he plays he will score. Finally GIRFUY Hartley 

1 hour ago, alonso said:

Wasn't at the game and by all accounts we were unlucky/hard done by again, but at the end of the day that's 2 points dropped. To win this league we must start beating these pish pot teams, end of story.

Disagree tbh. Dunfermline won this league last year and drew 13 games. The year before that Cove won it and drew 10 games. We will not win every game and we can end up winning this league by drawing a dozen games (granted it’s important we don’t lose many) but not losing that game today was massive especially against a promotion rival.

Edited by Big chungus

42 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do you really need to go around insulting people with every post you make? 

At home games everything works fine. (or so I believe anyway). They have a wired connection and a fancy desktop PC to run everything. 

At away games they use a laptop and a dongle. The old laptop is on it's last legs. They bought a new one. It worked fine during testing. Then it started giving issues at the two subsequent away games. So while they were trying to get it fixed they went back to the old one, which was still operational. It worked fine when being tested yesterday. 

Today, they got to the ground, switched it on and it died.

Nothing to do with the volunteers running it or the streaming service.  Frustrating, not only for the overseas subscribers who know that away game service isn't guaranteed but also for the media staff who're pulling their hair out by now and getting seriously stressed. 

But yeah, let's just insult everyone. I'm sure calling them amateurs and clowns will be really helpful. 

Completely correct. Falkirk fans are too quick to attack. 

At the same time, many Falkirk fans plan their Saturday around watching FTV, wherever they may be. It shouldn’t be so vulnerable. 

41 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Disagree tbh. Dunfermline won this league last year and drew 13 games. The year before that Cove won it and drew 10 games. We will not win every game and we can end up winning this league by drawing a dozen games (granted it’s important we don’t lose many) but not losing that name today was massive especially against a promotion rival.

I’m with alonso on this. I don’t think he nor anyone else would suggest the league was going to be won or lost today, regardless of the result. But given the monumental importance of achieving promotion this season, I think it’s entirely fair that some fans are underwhelmed at salvaging a 96th minute equaliser against Cove Rangers (who were missing a number of key players incidentally).

Since we plummeted into League 1, our record against full time opposition/promotion rivals has been nothing short of an embarrassment. It would’ve been nice to lay down a marker today for the first time in years. Poor refereeing or defensive mistakes aside, it should be viewed as 2 points dropped.

Edited by MSG GTF!

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Don't understand why McGlynn doesn't just drop Henderson into centre back move Lang to the right sided centre back and bring on a midfielder, Mckay should be nowhere near the team.

Henderson is too weak at centre back as he demonstrated at the beginning of last season when he got ragged dolled most weeks .Much more suited to midfield. McKay is not great but is basically just cover behind lang , Donaldson & Mackie. Let’s pray that Donaldson is not out for long

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Henderson is too weak at centre back as he demonstrated at the beginning of last season when he got ragged dolled most weeks .Much more suited to midfield. McKay is not great but is basically just cover behind lang , Donaldson & Mackie. Let’s pray that Donaldson is not out for long

I'd much rather see Lang and Henderson than have Mckay anywhere near the team. It was Agyeman that ragdolled Henderson and it's easy to see why now. 

I believe Stirling play a 4-4-2 so match them up with the below.

Long
Yeats Lang Henderson Mccann
Agyeman Spencer Nesbitt Agyeman
MacIver Allan

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do you really need to go around insulting people with every post you make? 

At home games everything works fine. (or so I believe anyway). They have a wired connection and a fancy desktop PC to run everything. 

At away games they use a laptop and a dongle. The old laptop is on it's last legs. They bought a new one. It worked fine during testing. Then it started giving issues at the two subsequent away games. So while they were trying to get it fixed they went back to the old one, which was still operational. It worked fine when being tested yesterday. 

Today, they got to the ground, switched it on and it died.

Nothing to do with the volunteers running it or the streaming service.  Frustrating, not only for the overseas subscribers who know that away game service isn't guaranteed but also for the media staff who're pulling their hair out by now and getting seriously stressed. 

But yeah, let's just insult everyone. I'm sure calling them amateurs and clowns will be really helpful. 

I take it they were still able to film the game? So we'll still get highlights and interviews when they find a working laptop.

I,ll give the team credit for a decent display. It’s been covered already but McKay is a Fckn disaster. 
Donaldsons signal to the bench was worrying and Nesbitt gave us more width after coming on. Diabolical refereeing and unlucky with two woodworks, two real chances and overall CR didn’t look that clinical as previously(albeit same issue with us with injuries) Very early but if we show the same application every game we shouldn’t be far away. Lastly if that’s the transfer window as good as closed for us, is there anyone who wants to start a RB go fund me page please do do. It won’t be the front line that loses us promotion, it’s the back four . 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I,ll give the team credit for a decent display. It’s been covered already but McKay is a Fckn disaster. 
Donaldsons signal to the bench was worrying and Nesbitt gave us more width after coming on. Diabolical refereeing and unlucky with two woodworks, two real chances and overall CR didn’t look that clinical as previously(albeit same issue with us with injuries) Very early but if we show the same application every game we shouldn’t be far away. Lastly if that’s the transfer window as good as closed for us, is there anyone who wants to start a RB go fund me page please do do. It won’t be the front line that loses us promotion, it’s the back four . 

Maybe if the FSS aren’t getting to buy shares it’s something to be considered. Wouldn’t bother me if my contribution was used to strengthen the squad but I can’t obviously speak for others and I’m not getting into a debate with others about this as we all have our own thoughts.

26 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Completely correct. Falkirk fans are too quick to attack. 

At the same time, many Falkirk fans plan their Saturday around watching FTV, wherever they may be. It shouldn’t be so vulnerable. 

"... Robust tender process ..."

We seem to do this with every platform the club use and yet improvements benefit whom. 

Premium prices for best efforts services.

2 hours ago, TheFalkirkBairn said:

Mid way through the 2nd game of the season and we’re already baying for blood. Honest tae christ, get a grip. 

4 points on the board, +3 goal difference and we’ve taken a point away from home against a team likely to be a promotion rival. All in all a decent start to the season. 

There’s 34 games left lads. It’s gonna be a long old season if we want the manager sacked every time it’s 0-0 at half time or we go a goal down in a game. 

Aye probably right. Got to think that being 5-0 down at half time to a promotion rival undoes a lot of hard work that I would generally give credit for. 2 points behind a title rival after 2 games also does that - no excuses left 

50 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

I’m with alonso on this. I don’t think he nor anyone else would suggest the league was going to be won or lost today, regardless of the result. But given the monumental importance of achieving promotion this season, I think it’s entirely fair that some fans are underwhelmed at salvaging a 96th minute equaliser against Cove Rangers (who were missing a number of key players incidentally).

Since we plummeted into League 1, our record against full time opposition/promotion rivals has been nothing short of an embarrassment. It would’ve been nice to lay down a marker today for the first time in years. Poor refereeing or defensive mistakes aside, it should be viewed as 2 points dropped.

We are generally not bad at dismissing the real dross. Probably better than the other top 4 teams at doing that.

As you say, it's our abysmal record against other FT teams which has been our downfall. 

My mate was at the Alloa Binos game. By all accounts Stirling battered them and could have won by 3. 

Win on Tuesday and we are strong favourites at Alloa. 10 points from 4 games would be a pleasing start.

I think Tuesday will be a difficult game. Can see Stirling being really hard to break down. It is must win though. Clearly.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe if the FSS aren’t getting to buy shares it’s something to be considered. Wouldn’t bother me if my contribution was used to strengthen the squad but I can’t obviously speak for others and I’m not getting into a debate with others about this as we all have our own thoughts.

Won’t go there tonight, as said many opinions about the current FSS situation. For many the FSS was initially seen/sold as a platform for supporting the players budget. The past week we’ve learned some differences and still no official statement(s)

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I take it they were still able to film the game? So we'll still get highlights and interviews when they find a working laptop.

I didn't ask them, but AFAIK yes. They were still visibly "working" during the match so it was still being video'd by the cameraman and the two commentators still had their mics up to their lips so they were providing a commentary for something. I'd assume it will all go on a memory card which the MO will edit into interviews and highlights tonight. The laptop is needed for all the technie stuff associated with a live stream. 

50 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd much rather see Lang and Henderson than have Mckay anywhere near the team. It was Agyeman that ragdolled Henderson and it's easy to see why now. 

I believe Stirling play a 4-4-2 so match them up with the below.

Long
Yeats Lang Henderson Mccann
Agyeman Spencer Nesbitt Agyeman
MacIver Allan

Does Agyeman have a twin brother or are we just cloning him?…