The Falkirk FC Thread

Whilst sadly we are used to really poor referees especially at this level this clown really takes the biscuit.

The penalty decision was truly horrific and cost us, why he didn't even talk to his linesman before deciding on such a big decision makes it even worse. He constantly stopped play, made unnecessary bookings and missed penalty for us. 

The most pleasing thing was the fight from team which we haven't seen for a long time. I wasn't sure about this season particularly after 1st half against a really poor Annan team but if we play like we did against cove and the greaseball we won't be far away.

We are light on defenders though and having to rely on Mckay who must know this is his last season gives me the fear.

Burrell despite scoring is no loss and Mckay should go down as an assist

26 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

There is no agenda for or against any team. Referees are simply just shit.

I don’t want to start shouting conspiracy but we appear to more than a tad unlucky with refereeing decisions. Can understand why defensive teams such as Clyde and Peterhead have so few, but….

IMG_0097.png

Edited by roman_bairn

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t want to start shouting conspiracy but we appear to more than a tad unlucky with refereeing decisions. Can understand why defensive teams such as Clyde and Peterhead have so few, but….

IMG_0097.png

What annoys me is we don't even get ones which aren't! 

Refs are so bad and we can't even con one over 30+ games 🙄

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

See I believe that refererees have be warned re certain players for possible diving, and that’s conditioned them to automatically wave away anything involving that player. Arguably that may be our own fault to an extent, but it’s certainly not a case of things evening them out over the season. That’s just bullshit.
Incidentally, the number of penalties Montrose have received over the last 4 seasons is frightening…..

13 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Why not get Willie McGuire to do some diving coaching. Remember an Airdrie v Falkirk game not long after we signed him at Broomfield some of their fans held up numbers to give him marks for diving every time he went down.

To be fair to Willie he saw the funny side, was a good player for the Bairns by the way.

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

See I believe that refererees have be warned re certain players for possible diving, and that’s conditioned them to automatically wave away anything involving that player. Arguably that may be our own fault to an extent, but it’s certainly not a case of things evening them out over the season. That’s just bullshit.
Incidentally, the number of penalties Montrose have received over the last 4 seasons is frightening…..

I don't think that we have a single player at the moment who has a history of diving though?

Whilst there clearly isnt an agenda against us, we have been hugely unlucky with refereeing decisions since the beginning of last season. Literally can't buy a penalty and with decisions like yesterday and Dunfermline's 'goal' at EEP last season what chance do you have? A level of incompetence only surpassed on a weekly basis by Brad McKay 

I know unlucky doesn’t pay the bills,  but we were. That could easily have been 5.  MacIvor looks hungry and will get a fair few this season and was unfortunate twice. Had his first woodwork gone in I get the feeling we’d have overrun them. 

I suspect Hartley has a larger budget than McGlynn seeing as he’s just signed two new squads and kept some of the bigger earners from previous seasons. Hope it’s a rerun of his calamity with us though, and his sugar daddies will start flapping. 

34 minutes ago, bigbairn76 said:

I'm not sure what peoeple are complaining about. The ball clearly hit Hendersons hand 

Mostly agree that it's not as clear cut as is being made out.

Camera distance and angle on the highlights doesn't rule out that it didn't pass Burrell and hit Hendo then redirect to Burrells hand.

Amazing spot by the ref if correct but look forward to him and his fellow whistlers missing much more obvious awards in our favour 🔎