The Falkirk FC Thread

We should be unhappy at dropping points to any team at home this season. Every game we should be going out to attack from kick off and its hardly nomsurpirse that when we don't do that, we very often lose an early goal and lose all confidence.

As a support we have such a shitebag mentality. Very much matches our manager.

Stirling this season give me the same feel as FC Edinburgh last season. They will storm the first quarter then start to fade probably. Games against them will be hard fought and their confidence will be high. We will need to be solid at the back and wait for our chance which will come. A narrow win against a new team in good form would do me.

52 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Stirling this season give me the same feel as FC Edinburgh last season. They will storm the first quarter then start to fade probably. Games against them will be hard fought and their confidence will be high. We will need to be solid at the back and wait for our chance which will come. A narrow win against a new team in good form would do me.

I'll take any win, good or ugly. 

4 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

We should be unhappy at dropping points to any team at home this season. Every game we should be going out to attack from kick off and its hardly nomsurpirse that when we don't do that, we very often lose an early goal and lose all confidence.

As a support we have such a shitebag mentality. Very much matches our manager.

McGlynn gives too much respect to the opposition for me he'll happily talk about them being a good side yada yada. I'd rather he came out with we concentrate on our game and we will cause them problems. Be bullish FFS. 

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Of course tomorrow isn’t a must win game given it’s only the 3rd league of the season but Falkirk fans coming on here even vaguely suggesting it’s ok to lose to Stirling Albion at home and it’s not an overly important game is fucking wild.

Lose tomorrow and we could potentially  go to Alloa on Saturday 8 points behind Hamilton - how in God’s name do any of our fans think that’s acceptable early in the season or not.

No one on here has said it is acceptable, certainly not me, not even vaguely. What I have said is that it is miles off a must win. No result settles anything tomorrow. 
The vague suggestion I can see from here is that Hamilton are going to do a Dunfermline - they won’t. 

13 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Knicker wetting in the extreme. It is so far away from a must win game with nearly 92% of points to be played for. Of course we would rather win but nothing will be decided win, lose or draw. 

That, respectfully, is a loser's attitude. If the management and team have that same attitude then we will be in league 1 forever. For us, in our current financial situation, every game should be a must win game. We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

One the things last season that il give myself credit for being right about.... When we were having g some early problems and folk were saying aye bit plenty twists and turns etc etc, I said it didn't look like Dinfermline were going to twist and turn. Even from early on. 

That needs to be us. 

11 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

It is absolute nonsense and a complete exaggeration but that is typical of our support. Knicker wetting was on the phase not the poster. 
What I do agree with is the meltdown on here will be mental and as usual over the top. It will bring out the “I want the club to fail really” brigade out gnashing their teeth as usual.  

Aye, you’re right, some fans are desperate for another season of failure, a sixth consecutive year in this league and the financial ramifications that would follow.

Utter moron. 

23 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Aye, you’re right, some fans are desperate for another season of failure, a sixth consecutive year in this league and the financial ramifications that would follow.

Utter moron. 

You can abuse me all you want but there are fans in our support who can’t wait to say I told you so for whatever reason. To deny that is disingenuous.  

49 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That, respectfully, is a loser's attitude. If the management and team have that same attitude then we will be in league 1 forever. For us, in our current financial situation, every game should be a must win game. We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do.

Oh very good. If you read what I said I am simply saying  win lose or draw tonight will not decide our season. Some saying it is are frankly talking nonsense. I agree losing sends alarm bells and the manager will rightly start to come under scrutiny. I have been to both league games and so far I have both enjoyed the performance and thought we looked better. Let’s see what today brings 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

2 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

No one on here has said it is acceptable, certainly not me, not even vaguely. What I have said is that it is miles off a must win. No result settles anything tomorrow. 
The vague suggestion I can see from here is that Hamilton are going to do a Dunfermline - they won’t. 

Well, I’ll only be happy if we beat Stirling but each to their own.

3 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Unless you have a crystal ball then saying they won’t doesn’t mean anything. No one has said Hamilton WILL do a Dunfermline but the fear is that we can’t expect them not to do a Dunfermline, as you predict. 

Their next games are against Montrose and Stirling. Dunfermline drew their 4th and 5th matches so hopefully they’ll do the same but can’t bank on it and feel like we can afford to drop points. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Oh very good. If you read what I said I am simply saying  win lose or draw tonight will not decide our season. Some saying it is are frankly talking nonsense. I agree losing sends alarm bells and the manager will rightly start to come under scrutiny. I have been to both league games and so far I have both enjoyed the performance and thought we looked better. Let’s see what today brings 

I agree, the season will not be decided until it’s mathematically impossible for any team to be caught at the top.. 

…….and you agree with me that alarm bells will start ringing if we lose tonight. 

Apart from my opinion that tonight is a must win game to prevent Hamilton stretching their lead at the top and setting those alarm bells off,, where does the “knicker wetting” in the extreme lie?

39 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

You can abuse me all you want but there are fans in our support who can’t wait to say I told you so for whatever reason. To deny that is disingenuous.  

So if we do lose tonight and win the league regardless, you won’t be desperate to say you were correct about the impact of this result?

12 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Looking at Hamilton's opening games, they've beaten 2 of the 'weaker teams' and beat Cove through an OG.

I think we'll beat Albion tonight and 7 points out of 9 isn't too bad a start to the season.

My fingers and toes are crossed for tonight! :)