The Falkirk FC Thread

Montrose taking the lead actually helped us IMO. Totally kicked our arses into gear and was chance after chance until Oliver scored. No idea what happened for their second in terms of where our defence was. Unbelievable character shown and Morrison was outstanding. Had the chances to score more to be comfortable but a brilliant second half and win. Finally, GIRFUY Ryan Williamson. 

Had to leave sharp as I had to pick up the kids. Got to the doors at the bottom Of the stand and heard the roar. Absolute gutter, rarely leave early and didn’t want to today! 

I thought we were decent without being great today. Montrose with their usual spoiling time wasting tactics. Great resilience and spirit to get the win. Don’t want to say it but we all what happens when teams grind out ugly wins.

interesting to see that lazy wage thief Williamson can now play 90mins at least once a week without breaking into bits.

Did anyone else notice the fairly frequent swapping of position between Hendo and McCann second half, preumably a response to Montrose targeting the big diagonal onto McCann. 

Also, Morrison doing a lot of work in the middle of the park second half.... I suspect that as we have such threat down the flanks, teams are leaving gaps for someone brave enough to shoot in the middle which might explain him playing more centrally at times. I think we'll get joy if we look to shoot from range more. Donaldson stepping through can do it, Spencer can do it, and obsioulsy, Morrison can. More please. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This team is full of character and doesn’t know when they are beat, fantastic never say die attitude. Callumn Morrison I owe you an apology, I was one of those that would happily have seen you go in the summer, just goes to show you that deep down I know f**k all about football.

Personally think McGlynn has improved Morrison, he realises he ain't a main striker too that many managers pre have thought otherwise.

His workrate was never in question, his decision making and quality of ball in has been, obviously worked on it 

The last 3 games have shown we can win from any situation. We've methodically broken down a defensive unit (Qots), we've ran over the top (Kelty) and we've motored through the gears to overcome setbacks (today).

Incredibly pleasing and I really am falling in love with this team. Next week is the test.

16 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Apparently watching on Falkirk tv their penalty was outside the box. I think if that was given Long would have been off wouldn’t be? 

If he is judged to have touched the ball yes but we take blessings from it he did not get sent off

44 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Apparently watching on Falkirk tv their penalty was outside the box. I think if that was given Long would have been off wouldn’t be? 

Assuming the ref deemed it as denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity (he would have) then yes.

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Assuming the ref deemed it as denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity (he would have) then yes.

This is Scottish refs we're talking about, the shitier ones bumping around this league. He could just as well have awarded a drop ball to us. 

Incredible to think that, should we draw with you next week, we'll have 23 points from the first 9 games and not be top!

Looks like whoever wins the league might need 85+ points which is insane.

Be a real upset IMO if both Falkirk and Hamilton are not playing Championship football next season. Both of us are too good for this league.

Firstly give the opposition some credit, set themselves up brilliantly, and attacked with the long ball, and although they threatened only a few times, we had by far the most difficult opponents so far. Morrisons goal was worthy of a level above, and could be the difference at season end. Another enjoyable Saturday night, long may  they continue. Made note to time wasting, wasn’t it really enjoyable to score on the 94th minute 🙄

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Incredible to think that, should we draw with you next week, we'll have 23 points from the first 9 games and not be top!

Looks like whoever wins the league might need 85+ points which is insane.

Be a real upset IMO if both Falkirk and Hamilton are not playing Championship football next season. Both of us are too good for this league.

If things continue this way it will end up a bonkers season with 2 teams that could have skooshed the league in any season in the last decade and one of them not going up. 

Obviously you can't compare the standard, but this is a genuinely fun, entertaining team to watch. Maybe not quite as up there as 02/03 or 04/05 but it's great that folk are enjoying going to the fitba again.