The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Do we have a media problem?

No prematch interviews, no post match interviews and no highlights up yet. Not our usual media style. Problem?

We have two part-time media officers. One is currently on holiday, the other was doing video analysis yesterday because the employee who normally does it was abroad with the SFA covering a Scotland youth team. The MO who eventually got the highlights up probably spent most of his night doing match analysis for the gaffer. 

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think most Falkirk fans have a lot of time for the guy, I went to school with him and a more dedicated Falkirk fan you will struggle to find, he lives and breathes the club, even though he gets a tad excited at times 🤣

The folk that were close to it all said it's been blown way out of proportion.

PM wasn't happy at the ball being thrown away and they both exchanged words (BS in his usual red-faced way). PM said something like "I'll get you outside" and BS replied "you don't want that I'd kill you".

Bit of an embarrassment all round, but the Binos players are trying to turn it into something more than it was. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Very good day yesterday with the late winner and Hamilton dropping points.

One game at a time but with Hamilton playing away at Montrose at 5.30pm next Saturday, a win over Alloa gives us a 5 point cushion and the opportunity to put some pressure on them.

Good times.

Must take advantage of playing first for the first time. Alloa will huff and puff but we need to make sure we put them to the sword like last time! 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We have two part-time media officers. One is currently on holiday, the other was doing video analysis yesterday because the employee who normally does it was abroad with the SFA covering a Scotland youth team. The MO who eventually got the highlights up probably spent most of his night doing match analysis for the gaffer. 

Thought it was something like that. Thanks BB

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

PM wasn't happy at the ball being thrown away and they both exchanged words (BS in his usual red-faced way). PM said something like "I'll get you outside" and BS replied "you don't want that I'd kill you".

Bit of an embarrassment all round, but the Binos players are trying to turn it into something more than it was. 

Just shows how tin pot they are, arguing with fans is very amateurish. 

Also seen big miles hogarth in with the fans yesterday 👍

There was also a wee old guy that couldn't get in as there was no patg option. He was just on his own and couldn't figure out how to do it on his phone, me and @Bairnardo tried to help but his phone was that zoomed in it didn't seem to work, hope he got in alright. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This minds me of my brief spell working as a Postie in Falkirk. Was delivering Mail up the Cally Park flats one day and an old lady stopped me at a door as she had received a card to go to Garrison Plc to collect a parcel. She said she was housebound, didn’t have any family and had no way of getting the parcel, she also wasn’t computer savvy. I ended up going on my phone and arranged a redelivery for her. Companies need to remember there is a generation out there who don’t deal in apps, e-tickets etc etc and if an old boy rocks up with money for a game of football, bloody let them in.

Exactly the sort of example we all use for arguing there should be a cash gate. Even making the argument though, sometimes you doubt whether there's as many of these folk out there as you imagine.... Aye, hope the auld lad got in. I think someone from SA was going to help him out some I'm confident he would have. 

Still, get a cash gate on and make sure everyone gets in that wants in.  

3 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Can never understand why players especially very experienced players get involved with fans. Just get on with it FFS. If you can't handle a bit of abuse from the crowd your in the wrong sport McLean. Mind you having seen him play he's most definitely in the wrong sport.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Here we go. Spencer surrounded by 5 Albion defenders and still has the composure to stroke it into the onion bag. Ya beauty!

Edit: On re-watching the Spencer goal again, Ross was scythed down just as he made his pass, if Spencer had missed would we have been awarded a penalty?

He booked that guy just before kick off for the tackle on McIver but he's also the player who's late and high on Ross, should have had 2 yellows. 

Brilliant result yesterday. Now onto Alloa next week. Hamilton have Montrose away so a real chance they could drop points and we could potentially go 5 points clear. Alloa always seems to be a team that on paper will be difficult to beat. However, we have a really good record against Alloa over the past 2 seasons. Played them 6 times. Winning 4 or 5? And drawing the rest. Please do correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think they’ve beaten us over the past 2 seasons. Coupled with the fact that we have put 4 past them twice, I think this will be a routine victory for us and hopefully come next Saturday we will indeed be 5 points clear. 

Edited by Big chungus