The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

What happens in terms of relegation/promotion? Would there simply be a play off involving the bottom club this season?

Entirely up to the SPFL to decide. My bet is that they will stagger on to the end of the season ergo the question does not arise. Fans of other cubs should perhaps contribute to ensure their financial survival?

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The SPFL might forward them their prize money to keep them going, 10th place at first, then any extra if they finish above that at the end of the season. That's what they did for Gretna which worked well.

I don't think you get the prize money in a lump sum. It's regular payments throughout the year and topped up at the end with the difference.

It would suit Alloa having dropped 5 points so far to Edinburgh for them to fold but I have my doubts they'll be going anywhere. They'll just drastically cut the cloth and get through with the bare minimum and kids. Most if not all of their player budget will be alleviated in January so unless they've royally miscalculated they'll be a League 2 side restarting next year.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Surely we would  lose 6, Hamilton 4 and Cove 1

Cove play Edinburgh tomorrow and will win so they would “lose” 4. Probably academic as can also see Edinburgh limping towards the end of the season and that’s when it really is anyone’s guess. 

I’d love to say it’s sad but given the management of that club I honestly can’t say it is. 

Big numbers have listened to this weeks podcast but if you haven’t, the link is below👇🏼

—————————————————

MATCHDAY! 🚌

Who’s all heading to Annan today then? Send your pics & we’ll share as many as we can 📸

Whilst we are at it, we are still waiting on Falkirk Football Club ruling themselves out of the Super League? 😉

“Football without cans is nothing”🍻

🆕🎙️EP:64 OUT-SANG, OUTPLAYED, OUTFOUGHT….OUTSTANDING!

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

22236BD0-7076-4528-A9DE-E31920BDC69C.thumb.jpeg.d2fbae7f0bd025f8c4d121e435769c94.jpeg

Heard weeks ago that there was a few clubs that could be in trouble. See Ross County’s manager already greeting about the no of SPL teams, and it should be larger divisions. If I was a livvie fan I’d be worried,  if they miraculously escape the auto drop spot, there’s already more than talk that plastic pitches will not be allowed next season. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Heard weeks ago that there was a few clubs that could be in trouble. See Ross County’s manager already greeting about the no of SPL teams, and it should be larger divisions. If I was a livvie fan I’d be worried,  if they miraculously escape the auto drop spot, there’s already more than talk that plastic pitches will not be allowed next season. 

Yeah, but that talk is a disgrace and should be railed against. It wont be though, because a considerable number of fans ar eof the same ill thought out opinions as the idiot pundits and managers who whinge about artifical turf. It would be a disgrace if a club is lost (even Livi) because of that foolishness. 

16 hours ago, Big chungus said:

I really do like the way Mcglynn always thanks for the fans in his interviews. He’s done it since day 1. Yes, at the end of the day results are what the fans want but considering some of the fuds we’ve had in charge recently (Hartley) it’s nice to see someone who actually gets it and understands how important it is to have the fans onside.

Always like that, even more when he looks into the camera to say thank you.

Lots of positives this season, hoping and praying for more 😀

9 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Does the old VPN trick not work anymore? When I go onto FTV for today's stream, it's still only giving me an audio option, even though I'm in "France". Bonjour everyone.

Check above the "Next Match" boxes, that should show you where you are "based".

17033348646744757866294398406901.jpg

Edited by BillyBairn

13 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Talking of plastic pitches. The Ross County game has been postponed due to the pitch being waterlogged. Wouldn’t get that with astroturf. 

I can see why some don’t like plastic pitches as for me there are plastic pitches and there are plastic pitches. I think our new pitch is wonderful but when you look at the likes of Kilmarnock, Livingston etc they look shite. I’m not for one minute saying though that I think they should be a reason for banning clubs from the top flight.

23 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Main problem is crowds of locals coming to stare at the horseless carriage.

It’s been tough growing up in Annan. A talking point in the pub for years is how jealous we are not afforded the utopian surroundings of Falkirk to enjoy each and every day. Life is indeed a bitch.

Just now, annan4eva said:

It’s been tough growing up in Annan. A talking point in the pub for years is how jealous we are not afforded the utopian surroundings of Falkirk to enjoy each and every day. Life is indeed a bitch.

I would never slag off places like Annan, I was born and brought up in Grangemouth and I’ll admit it’s a shitehole. In my opinion the majority of the Central belt of Scotland is the same towns, villages all shitholes with the odd nice place here and there. Mind you I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else 🤣

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Maybe a daft question but are you a subscriber?  If not you won't see it.  

Oh. Yeah, I'm not a subscriber. FTV isn't really all that clear on what being a subscriber actually entitles you to. If I pay the £18 per month does that give me access to live streams?