The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Not for me, certainly not as any sort of alternative to Morrison. He's actually one of the few players I've not been particularly impressed with this season - some good performances, seem to remember him coming on against his former club and tearing it up late on - but not enough, and on recent form (both his and the team's) not close to a starting spot.

What is this Morrison stuff anyway? Presumably that we've accepted an offer from a club, he's agreed to sign and that it will be announced at the opening of the transfer window next month? Given the importance to the club of the next five months, I'd be pretty disappointed if that's the scenario. Fair enough, off-days and inconsistent periods have been a feature of his time at Falkirk, if they weren't he probably would not be here. But he's a match-winner and personally I think he'd be a big. big loss. Hope we don't find out.

If there’s any truth in what’s been around for a few weeks now, it would take serious cash offer to get him. Given our current situation, Unless there’s a serious wad offered, the BOD would be mad to accept. 

Said this before but the club have said we need £400k to keep going in this league if we don't go up. So if someone's enquired about our top scorer and isn't opening a massive brief case full of cash then they can jog on, if he signs a pre contract fine, as long as he keeps working as hard as normal until the summer.

Highlights showing off 2 crackers for the first 2 goals but good knows what's up with the frame rate of the video. 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Not for me, certainly not as any sort of alternative to Morrison. He's actually one of the few players I've not been particularly impressed with this season - some good performances, seem to remember him coming on against his former club and tearing it up late on - but not enough, and on recent form (both his and the team's) not close to a starting spot.

What is this Morrison stuff anyway? Presumably that we've accepted an offer from a club, he's agreed to sign and that it will be announced at the opening of the transfer window next month? Given the importance to the club of the next five months, I'd be pretty disappointed if that's the scenario. Fair enough, off-days and inconsistent periods have been a feature of his time at Falkirk, if they weren't he probably would not be here. But he's a match-winner and personally I think he'd be a big. big loss. Hope we don't find out.

Think that’s very harsh on Agyeman. Was in my best 11 until very recently when Nesbitt has been on a decent run. He didn’t do too much wrong to be dropped and still think he has a big part to play for us 

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

If there is a decent cash offer on the table for Morison with him able to walk for free end of season it would be complete incompetence not to accept it considering the options we already have within the squad. 

Know nothing of confirmed deals etc with Morrison but know for a fact that he has travelled down south for initial discussions.

All talk of us not missing him is silly but somehow resurfaces itself now and again, our third last week doesn’t come without him and that’s not the only example. The situations in which Miller perhaps doesn’t excel in Morrison does and visa versa, two very good wingers at this level which compliment each other well.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Know nothing of confirmed deals etc with Morrison but know for a fact that he has travelled down south for initial discussions.

All talk of us not missing him is silly but somehow resurfaces itself now and again, our third last week doesn’t come without him and that’s not the only example. The situations in which Miller perhaps doesn’t excel in Morrison does and visa versa, two very good wingers at this level which compliment each other well.

Yes we would miss him, but certainly not irreplaceable 

All the Morrison speculation reminds me of when Steve Tosh back left in the McCall season.

He was absolutely flying IIRC, seemed irreplaceable but we had so many good players that year he was almost forgotten by the end of that season and as we all know finished Champions.

Would be sad to see Morrison go and he has been a great player for us but that is the cycle.

I wouldn't want to lose Morrison.

Anything that has the potential to unsettle the squad on a 22 match unbeaten run should be avoided at all costs. He's not just a big league player for us he's been a big match winner in the cup games, this probably generates more money than any potential transfer fee.

As things stand, with the squad we've got we have a brilliant chance of going up. I'm not saying we'd fall to pieces without Morrison, of course we wouldn't, I just wouldn't tinker with a winning formula unless I absolutely had to and we don't 

Any offer isn't going to be massive as he's only got 6 months left on his contract. 

Money aside, if the player wants to move on, that's different, and there's not much you can do about that. We just need to negotiate the best deal including sell on clauses. 

14 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

My issue with Morrison isn't his talent, I think it's abundantly obvious he's a talented player who possesses that bit of magic in tight games. My issue is that some games just seem to completely pass him by. 

If we had a winger who was hits the highs Morrison can hit week in week out he quite simply wouldn’t be playing league 1 football. 

23 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If we had a winger who was hits the highs Morrison can hit week in week out he quite simply wouldn’t be playing league 1 football. 

A consistent delivery of Morrisons talent level would be Premiership level. Someone just outside the Arse Cheeks. 

If we are going to have to lose him so be it. Its football we're in. No one can act surprised. Seems likely Ethan Ross was confirmed when he was on this basis. He is Someone who will slot in nae bother, and Alfie also there for depth. And money in will allow for other bodies in too. 

20 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

For me we need to keep him until May. We won’t get anything near to what going up would do for the bank balance. 

If it’s a case of he signs a PCA in January, it may be best for all party’s he leaves in the January with a small fee attached. At that stage it’s probably Mcglynns call. You do run the risk of Morrison basically giving up once the PCA has been signed.

Said on here weeks ago that Lang has been our most important signing for years. The leadership he brings is key as well as many other top attributes. Great signing by McGlynn.

I don’t understand the posters saying we won’t miss Morrison tbh. As well as the obvious benefits he brings to the team there is also the added negative of us selling one of our best players giving the opposition a boost.

We are not going to receive a huge offer for him so I think his benefit to the team outweighs that small fee despite what other posters think.

I'll wait until I know for sure that this story re Morrison isn't entirely made up before I panic, but it certainly wouldn't be good if we were to lose him. Aside from not tinkering with a winning formula Morrison is pretty good at making a goal out of nothing. Never did understand the calls last season to stick him on the bench, and he's always the player I want left on the park if we're chasing a goal.

Edited by Rizzo

Theres absolutely no doubt that Morrison has been enjoying his best run of form this term and a bit more consistency. Over the past couple of seasons few would argue that he had a good one in six/seven games and a worldly goal  in the same ratio. For me the introduction of Lang Spencer Miller has allowed Morrison to flourish. Even yesterday I didn’t think he was at high standards, but made Lang’s goal and could easily had a couple for himself. If he’s offski the deal must be in the best interests for both parties as an unhappy player or a player that’s signed somewhere else is not what we need.