The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Talking of Podcasts check this out 49min in. 
🛎️end 

I'd probably say exactly the same in his shoes, more out of hope than expectation.  Of course, the bottle job of a few years back was almost a completely different club, top to bottom, and we're stronger.  Other than that, I don't think any Falkirk fan anywhere is saying that the league is over and won't be unless and until it's completely unassailable, and that's because of the tough lessons we've learned in League 1, which Accies are just starting to go through.

26 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

🛎️end 

See tbf, the points he made were fair enough. The league is definitely not over, it's only the start of January. 

To say we've a history of bottling it is a bit of a stretch tbh. That season was a freak season, stopping and starting and games being played with 0 fans in the grounds (accies will be used to that bit haha! Sorry) 

Last season we weren't good enough to win the league, we didn't beat the teams around us, and Dunfermline and Airdrie were miles better than anything we've faced this season (including accies). 

We were sitting in a similar position last year and I can recall plenty of us saying it wasn't over so aye fair enough. We'll find out in May.

Definitely agree with his opinion on us being massive though x 

35358a14-ca1c-474c-8b00-53c402349ba8.jpeg

57 minutes ago, grahamston said:

I'd probably say exactly the same in his shoes, more out of hope than expectation.  Of course, the bottle job of a few years back was almost a completely different club, top to bottom, and we're stronger.  Other than that, I don't think any Falkirk fan anywhere is saying that the league is over and won't be unless and until it's completely unassailable, and that's because of the tough lessons we've learned in League 1, which Accies are just starting to go through.

He supports a club who have been relegated twice in three seasons. I will take no lectures about bottle from him

Of course it isn't over yet. All it would take is for one Falkirk slip-up and momentum could shift. In all honesty though, I trust these players and the management team. There's a different feel about the place these days and while yes, there is previous history of us bottling it, I don't believe we will this season. The club was in complete disarray back then but now we have strong foundations. If we can win our games up until Hamilton come to TFS then that'll be very interesting as it'll be a do-or-die match for Accies. If we win that then I'd say it's over. Don't want to get ahead of myself though.

If Hamilton want to look at previous years as a foreshadow, they should be far more worried that they look like us last season...challenging at top but slipped behind a runaway leader after losing a crucial top of the table match at home, likely to finish second but then face a team who started slow but have picked up form later in the season and scoring goals for fun in the play offs. 

Completely disagree that the covid season was a bottlejob. We were rotten, even in a lot of the games we won, and it was only a matter of time before the results matched the performances and Thistle got their act together.

I see Hamilton have paid a fee to Rangers for Ben Williamson. 

The announcement was bizarre. I’m all for slagging off the arse cheeks but this seemed to focus more on that than bigging up the player - very weird.

I’m sure he had a decent spell at Arbroath a few seasons ago but don’t know much more than that.

They’ve also signed the striker Kirk from Hearts B Team.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The announcement was bizarre. I’m all for slagging off the arse cheeks but this seemed to focus more on that than bigging up the player - very weird.

I’m sure he had a decent spell at Arbroath a few seasons ago but don’t know much more than that.

Their socials are ran by some complete bam that seems to piss off Accies fans too 

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Would you be able to post the announcement mate?

5 hours ago, BPM Again said:

🛎️end 

Quite an enjoyable and informative watch. For the most part.

Until he made an absolute fool of himself with the "We've got the best squad in the league" delusion/out-and-out lie that one or two of their fantasists on here have been peddling for months and months, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

You don't lads. Not by a long, long way. Sorry.

17 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Quite an enjoyable and informative watch. For the most part.

Until he made an absolute fool of himself with the "We've got the best squad in the league" delusion/out-and-out lie that one or two of their fantasists on here have been peddling for months and months, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

You don't lads. Not by a long, long way. Sorry.

I actually find it pretty funny, If you look through the Hamilton 11 how many get in to our best 11? I’d say 2 maybe 3. Not sure what this guy is looking at to be honest, needs a reality check. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I actually find it pretty funny, If you look through the Hamilton 11 how many get in to our best 11? I’d say 2 maybe 3. Not sure what this guy is looking at to be honest, needs a reality check. 

They've undoubtedly assembled a very decent squad for this level. Fulton probably gives them the edge in the goalkeeping department. Kilday is a solid centre half who I would not have minded seeing at TFS in the summer. But would I swap for Lang? Tough one🙄 Scott Martin and Brad Spencer would constitute a very, very decent central midfield pairing one level up, maybe call that a draw. In terms of final third options I see no comparison really. Morrison/Miller/MacIver with viable off-the-bench options in the likes of Ross, Agyeman and now Shanley. Not even mentioning Oliver or Allan. Far greater depth and quality there and hopefully that continues to be the telling factor.

Hamilton are a good team, but their belief in the strength of their squad relative to ours, and the "we'd be cruising the league if we had a proper manager" line is just out-and-out fantasy. As is the demand for Rankin to be emptied every time they drop points. Wild. Long may their delusion continue. 

Just received the FSS newsreel - snap shot of the latest news:

What a way to end 2023! Our fan-owned Club sits top of the league, with a 5-point cushion and a game in hand…but the hard work cannot stop. Here’s to a prosperous 2024 for all Bairns, both on and off the park, as we continue on our fan ownership journey. 

This month’s newsletter will be slightly different to usual (partly because the author overindulged over the festive period when he should have been writing it!) and will instead ‘throwback’ to some of the achievements of the FSS from the previous year. 

2023 By Numbers

257 new members – A fantastic year of membership growth which has propelled us to a membership of 850+ contributing over £120,000 a year. This is a really strong position to be in and it shows that there is an appetite within the Falkirk support for fan-ownership, and it can still grow further. How quickly can we reach the 1000 mark? 

£444,363.35 contributed to the Club – What a difference the FSS has made financially in 2023! The funds that have been raised by your contributions, and the Fans Bank initiative, have made a real difference in our Club. Without the FSS, we would not only have missed out on building the team which has performed so strongly this season, but would likely have fallen back to a part-time/hybrid model. Let’s keep up 

Williamson a straight swap for losing their captain and their best player so he’s going to have to hit the ground running. I would also expect Stirling Albion to be a different team to that who faced us as I can’t imagine they would be a happy dressing room after last weeks performance