The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I don't think either of our keepers are very good. It's our weakest point in the XI by far. Don't think there's either better than the other .

We'll need and get a new one next season.

I thought long was outstanding just before he got injured . Pulled off some incredible saves and his distribution was top drawer.  He had a poor game against United but once he settles for me he's a top keeper.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought long was outstanding just before he got injured . Pulled off some incredible saves and his distribution was top drawer.  He had a poor game against United but once he settles for me he's a top keeper.

Agreed. Clearly the better keeper imo too….

I think it is just experience both keepers need. They are young and learning the art. Dont think an old hand would help as the more they are on the bench the less chance of Nicky improving. QOTS best player on Saturday was Stone who is on loan from Hearts to let him get experience

22 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Long is much better in my opinion, but defo strikes me as a contract thing. Makes sense as can't imagine Lincon will want him sitting on the bench all season and presumably have a recall clause.

I think you are 100% wrong. I hope McGlynn clarifies it at some point. (He already did in his interview)

Why any manager would sign up to this sort of agreement would be baffling especially a goalkeeper with no first team experience before he signed. Think about it logically? Can’t see someone as experienced as McGlynn doing it that’s for sure. 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

Not sure if it's a contractual thing but I'd be a bit surprised if that's the case.  Could be simply that he doesn't want to put off Lincoln and others loaning us players by not playing him or he simply wants to keep harmony in the camp by giving both keepers a run out as he alluded who knows.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I don't think either of our keepers are very good. It's our weakest point in the XI by far. Don't think there's either better than the other .

We'll need and get a new one next season.

Can't agree.

I think Long is a good keeper and, given he's just turned 20, is likely to get better. Goalie mistakes tend to get magnified, he's made 2 bad ones that I can recall. Tom Lang's been brilliant for us, but I can think of two glaring, almost identical, mistakes that he's made. One he got away with because Donaldson baled him out and the other cost us a defeat to Dundee Utd. I wouldn't, for one minute, think of replacing him though.

46 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

I think you are 100% wrong. I hope McGlynn clarifies it at some point. (He already did in his interview)

Why any manager would sign up to this sort of agreement would be baffling especially a goalkeeper with no first team experience before he signed. Think about it logically? Can’t see someone as experienced as McGlynn doing it that’s for sure. 

Agreed. This might be the most crucial season in decades given the possibility of part-time football if it ends badly. Yet somehow  people think that we're going to let a third-tier English club dictate who plays in one of most important positions in the team? Given how critical it is that we go up? 

McGlynn is probably the most open Falkirk manager I've come across, in that he's very upfront about things like injuries and contract situations. A goalkeeping example would be when he told us last January in an FFCTV interview that we were letting Hogarth return to Forest because they wanted more money for us to keep him. I don't imagine that went down very well at The City Ground. 

So the idea that he would suddenly lie to our fans, on-camera, rather than simply say it how it is seems a little far-fetched to me. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think it is just experience both keepers need. They are young and learning the art. Dont think an old hand would help as the more they are on the bench the less chance of Nicky improving. QOTS best player on Saturday was Stone who is on loan from Hearts to let him get experience

They’re both young keepers and both need experience and games to improve, and it seems both will get their experience with us and make their mistakes with us. Unless McGlynn brings in an experienced keeper for the run in, which is unlikely to happen, he’ll need to manage both players’ game time for sharpness and to get the best out of them. 

Said earlier in the season much of a muchness in both the keepers, Long's better with his feet and Hogarth's more of a presence. 

McGlynn's just trying his best to keep the whole squad happy without costing us points in the process. 

I've been critical of Nesbitt but this season he's been excellent, even won a 50/50 yesterday!

Morrison's in a bit of a slump but should have had himself an assist with his ball to the back post for Miller. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Plastered on the Cove changing room walls for sure. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

So many subtexts to this game that I think this is just one of many reasons those associated with Cove will be keen to take the points but not the major one. 

We've always had a target on our back and this is just another one 🎯.

Hopefully it's 25 come Wednesday morning and we continue the disappointing season those Aberdeen fans are having.

Just now, Blame Me said:

So many subtexts to this game that I think this is just one of many reasons those associated with Cove will be keen to take the points but not the major one. 

We've always had a target on our back and this is just another one 🎯.

Hopefully it's 25 come Wednesday morning and we continue the disappointing season those Aberdeen fans are having.

The run will end at some point, but please don't let it be to Hartley. Anybody but him.

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just gives that little greaser another incentive to put one over on us. As @Raybowski89 said, our unbeaten run will have to finish sometime, just hope that it isn't tomorrow night. 

Realistically, if we maintain focus and turn up, there's no reason it needs to end anytime soon. If and when the run ends, it'll be down to us getting complacent. I'd argue that we're maybe 2-3 more wins away from being out of sight of Hamilton. Nothing's won at that point, but everyone will know deep down that it's more or less done. Hopefully the players keep getting the results until it's mathematical. If we lose a game after the league is won, I honestly wouldn't care all that much.