The Falkirk FC Thread

Can tell by the FTV interview he knows he fucked it but has too much pride to outright really say it and apologise. Think he’s learned that lesson though don’t think he should’ve had to in the first place. 

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Still a wee bit too much excuse making/deflection in there for me - it wasn’t just about set pieces, the entire first half was absolutely rotten and that was down to his selection. But, when you listen to it, he does ultimately accept responsibility which is what we all wanted. Fine. Don’t do it again and let’s move on. 

Set piece stuff is crap. They were better and if we hadn’t made any changes at half time we were very unlikely to score 

10 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

He "takes responsibility for the first half" which is more than I expected. He's still a good manager and we still have 6 points advantage so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

It’s still 9 points, they’ve got a game in hand away at Stirling

Stats suggest it was all one way but they defended for their lives. 

i managed to shout at their keeper on his way off that he was “a time wasting b*****d” and I got a big smile and a wink. Fucker. 

IMG_5601.jpeg

Edited by Roboccop

2 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

i managed to shout at their keeper on his way off that he was “a time wasting b*****d” and I got a big smile and a wink. Fucker. 

IMG_5601.jpeg

Their keeper had some game to be fair

14 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

He "takes responsibility for the first half" which is more than I expected. He's still a good manager and we still have 6 points advantage so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Let’s never see your 3-4-1-2 again John. Clearly all to suit Jordan Allan.

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

Let’s never see your 3-4-1-2 again John. Clearly all to suit Jordan Allan.

Yep. Despite all the changes today I still thought he would stay with the successful 4 2 3 1 formation. To change so many personnel and the formation was a risk simply not worth taking. I really hope this 2 points dropped doesn't come back to haunt us. The next league match can't come quick enough, you can see from both McGlynns and Langs interviews that they are hurting. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a pumping soon.

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

They are better players than they showed today. To throw 5 in at one time and change the team around was a poor call and probably unfair on the players. 

When I heard about the odds and seen the team I put a few bets on which I cashed out to earn a few quid. Actually expected us to scrape the win when he rang the changes as much effort as they gave, the back line really weren’t great. Had Morrison came on instead of Shanley then think we would have got there. 

For anyone that went to the reserve cup match though then several who started today didn’t do much against Dunfermlines U19s so did think that starting line up might allow Edinburgh to take advantage. The key players that day too were Walker and Honeyman. To me, we’re paying for at least a couple of players more than we need to ahead of two youngsters who could easily fill in and become sellable assets. Think the game time Ross and Ageyman are getting would benefit them more and sure they would be just as effective, become more valuable and cost a lot less money! Maybe they’ll get their chance next season but if you can’t trust them in League One then can’t see how they’ll get a shot next season unless money dictates it. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I can understand McGlynn’s desire to make a few changes as in my view it’s not realistic to expect the same 11 players to play every week for the whole season. There is also a need to keep players match fit as some will be required due to injury or suspension at some point.

However, clearly the scale of changes was excessive- Donaldson at right back was a crazy decision. I don’t think it helped signposting to the media that this was an opportunity to rest players either.

Also a bit of a reality check for those saying only 3 or 4 additions would be required to challenge at the top end of the championship. We have a good number on the books who are not contributing enough at this level, never mind the league above. E.g. Agyeman, Mackie, Allan. Ross is another one who has done very little in a Falkirk shirt.

McGlynn believes the bench players can play championship never mind league 1 or 2 in his pre match interview. Sorry John but that's just bollocks. 

21 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Set piece stuff is crap. They were better and if we hadn’t made any changes at half time we were very unlikely to score 

It isn’t crap. They had two efforts on goal from set pieces and scored and we defended them poorly. What part of that don’t you understand? We missed 3/4 chances in the first 15 minutes. They were not in any shape or form the better team today - at no point. They worked hard, stopped us playing yes. But certainly never better at any point. 

We are always going to get games like that this season when we are dominating so many games then the opposition scores with their only 1/2 efforts on target.

The frustration is the unnecessary change of formation and personnel, an experiment that should have been left for next week.

We continue unbeaten though, and although it's disappointing to give Hamilton a bit of hope so early after going so many points clear I expect us to have a bit of fire in the next couple of games to keep us going in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

Aye, because I want our Manager thats lead us to 26 games unbeaten to apologise for extending our unbeaten run tonight… chill out

Maybe you couldn't understand my post because I made a mess of typing it, or maybe you don't understand what sarcastic means? What I tried (unsuccessfully) to say was that you were being sarcastic to the guy that you made the original post to.  

By no means do I mean Allan is a bad player, but he was very ineffectual in that first half.  The rolled up shorts to make his tattoo visible was ridiculous. Oliver wasn't a whole lot better but does seem to pop up with a bit of magic from the bench.

Playing Oliver and Allan together was a massive mistake.  Firing balls in to the box that sailed over them every time. 

I have come to the conclusion that I hope once McIver is back, that Allen goes out on loan.  He is a piece to a puzzle that doesn't fit and having him and Oliver seems a waste.  Gives the guy a chance to salvage his career which I doubt will continue with Falkirk at the end of the season.

54 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Think the game time Ross and Ageyman are getting would benefit them more...

Ross the only one who got pass marks today. 

Ageyman definitely not a winger for me and would've been better through the middle than Allan but I'd be being kind to say he'd have played any better than he did.

He just wants too long on the ball and is too hesitant to play on the shoulder and get in behind. He needs a trick as the raw pace isn't enough I'm afraid.

Our next 4 league games are away at Kelty, Alloa and Cove and at home to Hamilton.

Come through that with 10 points and we’ll be in a very healthy positiom.

Today was disappointing - self inflicted certainly but an anomaly as far as this season goes.

I’d have taken been 9 points clear at this stage in the season all day long.

On 12/01/2024 at 12:57, Bairnardo said:

@RandomGuy. apologies that you always get chinned for this, but is there any chance you could show me a wee chart for Brad Spencers season so far and if possible can you include his stats for tackles and interceptions. I was thinking today that I have been surprised by how often he wins possession back but wouldn't mind seeing it laid out to see if its true.

spencer.thumb.png.afc217350b98c5b9246c891744c1e9c1.png

Defensive duel win % = 69.23% (4th highest CM 400+ mins)

PAdj Interceptions = 9.03 (3rd highest in division)

Think his defensive score hurt in my charts as he gives away a foul for every ~3 successful tackles, but its yellow so it still thinks hes "adding value" to there.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

spencer.thumb.png.afc217350b98c5b9246c891744c1e9c1.png

Defensive duel win % = 69.23% (4th highest CM 400+ mins)

PAdj Interceptions = 9.03 (3rd highest in division)

Think his defensive score hurt in my charts as he gives away a foul for every ~3 successful tackles, but its yellow so it still thinks hes "adding value" to there.

Thanks mate

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

IMG_5601.jpeg

"Stats are like mini skirts. It's what they don't reveal that is the interesting part" - Ebbe Skovdahl.

I hope you had a go at our wee ball boys who managed to return the ball onto the pitch when a Falkirk player already had one... 😄

37 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Ross the only one who got pass marks today. 

Ageyman definitely not a winger for me and would've been better through the middle than Allan but I'd be being kind to say he'd have played any better than he did.

He just wants too long on the ball and is too hesitant to play on the shoulder and get in behind. He needs a trick as the raw pace isn't enough I'm afraid.

Not saying none of the guys don’t add anything but thought Honeyman and Walker had shown enough pre-season and in early matches to be given a chance. We’re throwing a lot of money at the team this season but don’t think all of it would have been entirely necessary. 

Edited by Dave McInally