The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Just listened to latest Walking Down Hope Street podcast,  great listen with Rory Loy. He slaughters that clown Andy Thomson for slating certain players,  Houston put him in his place. Absolute charlatan who helped run our club into the ground. Him and his likes shouldn't darken our door again.

he is still on the board of behind the goals a position fully supported by the foundation, their chairman charles macdonald keeps him there as he is his pal.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Fair enough. From a “growing the game” perspective it’s the sort of thing that would put me off bringing my wee ones to a game.

I wouldn’t take them to a men’s game yet, but on a nice Sunday afternoon would be willing to try them out at a women’s game if they could get a seat etc.

They get the bug, start asking to go, might translate into more fans for both teams.

Seems a bit short sighted.

it's all about saving money, their CEO has openly said football is secondary to the charity work, parents aren't happy but they don't give a flying f**k, more faces than the town clock.

6 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

he is still on the board of behind the goals a position fully supported by the foundation, their chairman charles macdonald keeps him there as he is his pal.

According to companies house, yes he is.

34 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Loy is great - everyone pretty much knew at the time of his second spell here that he had problems behind the scenes. I do wonder if we (the club) supported him in the way he deserved at the time. He seems so honest and I am really pleased he is making it as a pundit (and he roasted that bam Michael Stewart last Saturday on the radio).

Edit I replied to the wrong thread here - sorry. It was the one about Loy

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

1 minute ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I was told a while ago that there were unhappinesses with the Foundation because it had forgotten it was part of the football club. But as I say that was a while ago and I do not have current information (why I feel Ok about stating that). 

heard the same, sort of, they are using the club to advance their own agendas, taking most of their money from parents and fans who identify with the club all while they see themselves as separate from the club and on a different path altogether. this latest shit show is disgusting when they have serious dough in the bank, £80,000 at the last accounts. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Roy is great - everyone pretty much knew at the time of his second spell here that he had problems behind the scenes. I do wonder if we (the club) supported him in the way he deserved at the time. He seems so honest and I am really pleased he is making it as a pundit (and he roasted that bam Michael Stewart last Saturday on the radio).

Is that Rory or Loy you mean dude? also not sure what it has to do with the foundation but i agree with you 👍

19 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Why are the foundation even involved with the south stand bar in the first place?! Surely that’s purely the clubs domain and revenue stream,  Sandy Alexander owning the stand and the club paying full rent to him for using it. Get AT to f**k, he was part of the previous regime that nearly sunk the club. It’s starting to sound like the inner workings of the Falkirk foundation have been going under the radar and need a closer look, surely at least the footballing side of the organising needs to run in conjunction with the club with oversight from both parties? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

21 minutes ago, StuartA said:

BB - finger in the air - how much would it cost to run the team for a season *without* the players, coaches etc having to pay prohibitive fees?  No-one will hold you to it, but it might focus minds a bit.

I honestly have no idea. I could ask the coaches at the weekend, but I'd need their permission before making the info public. Albeit there may be other people on this messageboard who run amateur teams and who could give a ballpark figure. 

In terms of the womens development team, it doesn't matter. They're gone. The senior womens team are self-funding, mainly due to various initiatives and sponsorship brought in by the coaching staff. 

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Why are the foundation even involved with the south stand bar in the first place?! Surely that’s purely the clubs domain, SA owning the stand and the club paying full rent to him for using it. Get AT to f**k, he was part of the previous regime that nearly sunk the club. It’s starting to sound like the inner workings of the Falkirk foundation have been going under the radar and need a closer look, surely at least the footballing side of the organising needs to run in conjunction with the club with oversight from both parties? 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC559259/officers

take a look at companies house, it seems to be dominated by the foundation people, makes no sense to me

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I honestly have no idea. I could ask the coaches at the weekend, but I'd need their permission before making the info public. Albeit there may be other people on this messageboard who run amateur teams and who could give a ballpark figure. 

In terms of the womens development team, it doesn't matter. They're gone. The senior womens team are self-funding, mainly due to various initiatives and sponsorship brought in by the coaching staff. 

Just thinking, if there's to be a case that the women and girls' football operation is brought in-house, given the growing unease about the Foundation's performance, then having all the facts/figures would help.  We shouldn't raise expectations without understanding that, but it certainly feels like the right thing to consider.

28 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

heard the same, sort of, they are using the club to advance their own agendas, taking most of their money from parents and fans who identify with the club all while they see themselves as separate from the club and on a different path altogether. this latest shit show is disgusting when they have serious dough in the bank, £80,000 at the last accounts. 

Full thing needs a shake up, maybe the club needs to start taking a harder line with the foundation, sounds like a number of hangers on and blazer chasers causing issues within the organisation very similar to how the club once was. For one reason or another the two organisations have drifted way too far apart. The foundation only exists because of the club, previous to the charity being set up the club done this completely by themselves through Falkirk FC in the community, the club shouldn’t be in a position where the tail is wagging the dog here. If the foundation are no longer interested in the football side of things and the club has no meaningful input then a new arrangement needs to be considered. They are using the club brand , club facilities and trading on the back of the Falkirk support where most fans are under the impression the foundation and club are one and the same, that clearly is no longer the case. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Reading all that again, I think the Foundation has some explaining to do. It has effectively brought the club’s name into disrepute, carrying as it does our trademark and identity. While as BB points out, there was some bad luck with the coach leaving with a number of players, they seem not to have managed the situation at all well. We really can’t have that when the club is trying to rebuild. 

28 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Reading all that again, I think the Foundation has some explaining to do. It has effectively brought the club’s name into disrepute, carrying as it does our trademark and identity. While as BB points out, there was some bad luck with the coach leaving with a number of players, they seem not to have managed the situation at all well. We really can’t have that when the club is trying to rebuild. 

If they asked the club for help and they didn't or wouldn't that would make all this worse. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Just thinking, if there's to be a case that the women and girls' football operation is brought in-house, given the growing unease about the Foundation's performance, then having all the facts/figures would help.  We shouldn't raise expectations without understanding that, but it certainly feels like the right thing to consider.

The club was originally called Falkirk Football and Athletic Club'

It would be no bad thing to have a long term aim to return to that ethos and be a club encompassing sports in the Falkirk district.

The wider reach the club has in the community the better whatever the sport. No better focal point to go in that direction than having womans football in house.