The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Fair enough. From a “growing the game” perspective it’s the sort of thing that would put me off bringing my wee ones to a game.

I wouldn’t take them to a men’s game yet, but on a nice Sunday afternoon would be willing to try them out at a women’s game if they could get a seat etc.

They get the bug, start asking to go, might translate into more fans for both teams.

Seems a bit short sighted.

I took my young daughter to a few games last season and the other advantage of playing at the stadium was being able to have a kick about on the main pitch at half-time and full-time! (kids took their own footballs) 

Think there was about 50 there on average and it was donation on entry. 

If the players prefer the community pitch then fair enough, I'd still recommend going.  

On 26/02/2024 at 14:35, Bigbrbairn said:

A right blue nosed pub that was. Got grief when i dared walk in with a green t-shirt on. Tubes

Was there when the famous Big Bar 1970 odd John Waynesk bar room brawl took place ending with a shotgun being fired into the ceiing and mass arrests. One of the funniest and bizarre things I ever saw it had everything. Hay baling punches, chairs over peoples backs, folk getting thrown over tables of drinks, pool cues used a javelins and pool balls used as ballistics.

Understandably, was put off ever going back.

Anybody else on the forum remember that?

21 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was there when the famous Big Bar 1970 odd John Waynesk bar room brawl took place ending with a shotgun being fired into the ceiing and mass arrests. One of the funniest and bizarre things I ever saw it had everything. Hay baling punches, chairs over peoples backs, folk getting thrown over tables of drinks, pool cues used a javelins and pool balls used as ballistics.

There was quite a few of those. Remember a few stabbings sadly and the ambulance carrying people out. Friendly village pub!

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Help a 90s lad out. Where was that pub? I'll be sure to ask my auld faither about it. He probably participated in these scraps 🤣

10 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Help a 90s lad out. Where was that pub? I'll be sure to ask my auld faither about it. He probably participated in these scraps 🤣

The building above it caught fire and the whole block was demolished some time ago. It's now a fenced-off wasteland. Next to the barbers shop and what's now called The Fusion Corner. Was the Golden Lion chippie when I grew up. 

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

a first for me tonight, off to see the Beanos v Accies. sometime's I'm a glutton for others misery.

given it's proximity to me I thought about going as well, however, the heating on and a film has won over.

Enjoy the game, look forward to some unbiased updates!

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Iv been in a couple of pubs where a proper, full scale eruption happened. Seen loads of pub brawls over the years but only two that were like that. It's equal parts hilarious and Terrifying. One of them in particular it was all my mates that were involved and me and another boy were standing when it all kicked off, shit flying everywhere, and I can remember us both looking around to see where we should get involved, but everyone was winning their individual battles... So we ended up standing there laughing at it all. Pure bedlam. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Probably "The BA Cowboys" filming a bar-room scene!!😉 I got involved in that once (1972) in the pub up Grahams road (Empire Bar)

53 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The building above it caught fire and the whole block was demolished some time ago. It's now a fenced-off wasteland. Next to the barbers shop and what's now called The Fusion Corner. Was the Golden Lion chippie when I grew up. 

I remember being in the big bar and there was a fire upstairs. People refused to leave incase their drink was nicked. They moved to a side with less smoke but the police moved them out. You could not make it up !

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv been in a couple of pubs where a proper, full scale eruption happened. Seen loads of pub brawls over the years but only two that were like that. It's equal parts hilarious and Terrifying. One of them in particular it was all my mates that were involved and me and another boy were standing when it all kicked off, shit flying everywhere, and I can remember us both looking around to see where we should get involved, but everyone was winning their individual battles... So we ended up standing there laughing at it all. Pure bedlam. 

It's a surreal thing to experience, so much going on you watch it in slow motion.

Only other one like it was a wedding reception at the community hall in Plean - but that is a different story - miners feud going back decades

7 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I was told a while ago that there were unhappinesses with the Foundation because it had forgotten it was part of the football club. But as I say that was a while ago and I do not have current information (why I feel Ok about stating that). 

Heard the same about the kids football side of things.