The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Earliest the title can be won is at Stirling but it would take a very unlikely set of results. We'd have to win our next three - Annan (H), Cove (A), Stirling (A) - and hope Hamilton lose their next two. I could see them dropping points at Kelty at the weekend but Edinburgh are such a rabble that three points should be a gimme. 

Hamilton have two tough away games in kelty and cove coming up. Can see them dropping points in these games so it’s really whether Falkirk can keep winning. 

33 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Edit to add I did my underage drinking in The Pines in Denny which was basically the senior common room for Denny High in all but name.

You always remember the first pub you drank in underage! Mines was Birrells in the Redding. Was always my step dad's favourite pub. I was 15 and I surely looked every day of it. Still have no idea how I ever got served 🤣

I am not a Falkirk resident but I do care about our club and I really believe in women’s football. This article below discusses a major expansion of the Foundation’s role and the possibility of leasing ground around the stadium for £1 per annum. Part of the article claims this hub will help improve women’s football just as we hear the team is disbanded - clearly both can’t happen. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/people/local-authority-looking-to-rent-land-near-falkirk-stadium-for-ps1-a-year-to-create-commuity-hub-4536219?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#bmyhyamafcq

This should be a very public debate amongst the support, FSS and members of the Board and Foundation. The role or/and benefits to the club should be transparently revealed. The debate must take place quickly as the vote is next week. I post it here as an attempt to raise that debate. 

1986 in The Swiss when I was 16 and 3/4. I told Margaret I was 17.3/4 amd my birthday was a couple of weeks away. She said I could have a couple if I sat quietly and didn't make an arse of myself. Cue a month or so later when I had my '18th' in the pub, followed by absolute daggers and abuse from Charlie (barman) the next birthday when I actually turned 18. 

Those were brilliant days in the Swiss, we'd crank the Juke box up and tge entire pub would belt out to whatever was playing (lounge not included)

58 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Edit to add I did my underage drinking in The Pines in Denny which was basically the senior common room for Denny High in all but name.

I lived opposite the Pines. They were more aware of underage drinking than else where. Got challenged a little but that was 1975. Awful disco I seem to remember. 

10 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I lived opposite the Pines. They were more aware of underage drinking than else where. Got challenged a little but that was 1975. Awful disco I seem to remember. 

They weren’t too fussed when my mate asked the barman for “two pints of beer please”!

That would have been 1979 prior to a senior youth club disco at the school.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

They weren’t too fussed when my mate asked the barman for “two pints of beer please”!

That would have been 1979 prior to a senior youth club disco at the school.

I left Denny High inn1975 to go to University. We nearly knew each other I guess. 

23 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Haud oan here! That disco was Doc Dickens, run by none other than FFC's Gordon McFarlane. I well remember a brawl starting out and the wee barmaid rattling someone over the head with a tray. The shape of his head was left on the tray afterwards!

Re first pints, my first was in some non descript pub in London following a school trip abroad. I had a pint of Watney's Red Barrell, which was absolutely horrible! This would be circa 1973 when I'd be around 16. My first underage pint locally was in the Afton Lounge, wee pub next to the Burns Bar on the corner of Vicar and Glebe streets. I can't actually remember where my first legal pint was, but suspect it may have been in Hardies in Bonnybridge.

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Didn't Edinburgh beat Hamilton at NDP earlier in the season? 

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

They drew 1-1 in October at NDP. It's a different Edinburgh City now that the squad has been pillaged. That aside it wouldn't surprise me whatever the result.

Yes and Shanley scored for Edinburgh 😬👏🏻

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Haud oan here! That disco was Doc Dickens, run by none other than FFC's Gordon McFarlane.

Geez, I miss the big man, still coming to terms with him not being involved in things.☹️

On a different note, I`m surprised Watneys Red Barrel didn`t put you off beer for life.😱

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It's a money grabbing con. £35 person that per player in the foundation. They rake in thousands per month and associated teams still have to raise their own funds for everything other than matchday strips. 

Said this previously but it’s something the club really need to seriously look at while the foundation are trading and actively using the football clubs brand, facilities and fan base to attract kids. Although unfortunately it appears we actually have very little control over how the foundation operate now with the club not even having a seat on its board so I’m not sure how we’d go about trying to implement change as things stand. The club either need to gain some level of control where by we can influence these things or if push comes to shove the nuclear option would be to stop the foundation using the clubs brand, logo, strips, facilities ect and we look to do something more in house as was done previously pre foundation with Falkirk FC in the community. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

35 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It's a money grabbing con. £35 person that per player in the foundation. They rake in thousands per month and associated teams still have to raise their own funds for everything other than matchday strips. 

There is an obvious reason why thats been put out tonight.

5 hours ago, Roboccop said:

I am not a Falkirk resident but I do care about our club and I really believe in women’s football. This article below discusses a major expansion of the Foundation’s role and the possibility of leasing ground around the stadium for £1 per annum. Part of the article claims this hub will help improve women’s football just as we hear the team is disbanded - clearly both can’t happen. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/people/local-authority-looking-to-rent-land-near-falkirk-stadium-for-ps1-a-year-to-create-commuity-hub-4536219?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#bmyhyamafcq

This should be a very public debate amongst the support, FSS and members of the Board and Foundation. The role or/and benefits to the club should be transparently revealed. The debate must take place quickly as the vote is next week. I post it here as an attempt to raise that debate. 

Well the land has been cleared for it. Walked past it last week heading to/from the Montrose game!

I can only take it the “Blast Zone” issue has vanished?🙄🤷‍♂️🤨

20 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

There is an obvious reason why thats been put out tonight.

yup, what about an announcement explaining why they did what they did..... instead of trying to whitewash it typical of the foundation, passive aggressive behaviour

Edited by AJ1981