The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Polis would object..they don't have the person power to allow people to enjoy themselves anywhere near a football stadium 

A pub and restaurant is part of the plans for the Gateway Project outside the ground and i am sure this will attract a large amount of pre and post game fans

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

As others have said, there would be no point in building a stand for the sake of it. It needs to be a revenue making facility that can be used through the week as well, otherwise we'd spend £millions on a stand that probably wouldn't be used 90% of the time.

It's finding a business model that would use it 7 days a week.

Pub a no-go it's to far out the road and wet sales are in decline and not survivable on home games alone.

Funeral tea market as St Johnstone have done? Try for a % of the Kelpies visitors for food and watering?

If there isn't one then the only option to complete the stadium is the cheaper option.

18 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

One for the Falkirk Daft guys, I know you were only hosting but wondering if you have any info-

I take it the latapy ticket money is gone? I may have missed an announcement but this seems to have all been forgotten about. 

Will be a lessons learned from me on regards to not jumping into early to these sort of events organised by a random company. 

I've been thinking that too.   I tried getting in touch through the promoter but just got a delivery failure notice.   :(

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Significant number of tickets already gone for the Stirling game next week

Reckon we'll easily sell out our usual two sides and get the South Terrace as well

#NBP delivers once again

Screenshot2024-03-01at12_51_29.thumb.png.81735a8d4a19b58379d6c40c6093fc94.png

If Accies lose again tomorrow, to Kelty who have already beaten them this season, the title will be winnable at Stirling! All we'd need is for Edinburgh to draw at New Douglas Park next Saturday, a result they already achieved earlier in the season. 

Question:  My brother and I are going to the game tomorrow.  We usually park in the away car park behind the north stand because I can't walk longer distances easily.  We don't like parking there because of the massive potholes, some of which are getting on for a foot deep.

Is there anywhere else we can park within a short walking distance?   Also, what do you have to do to be able to park in front of the main stand?   

the club is not answering the phone.

Cheers

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

18 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Proper pub too please. South stand bar is okay but very very limited. A large pub that does food and has tvs etc in the same style as the Westfield lounge would be great, but free/nominal entrance fee 

I've got to say I prefer the South Stand bar.   Better atmosphere than the lounge but get what you're saying.

41 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

If Accies lose again tomorrow, to Kelty who have already beaten them this season, the title will be winnable at Stirling! All we'd need is for Edinburgh to draw at New Douglas Park next Saturday, a result they already achieved earlier in the season. 

Accies would need to lose both - not draw 1 - for us to win it at Stirling (as well as us picking up 9/9 points). 

Basically, it probably won’t be happening at Stirling. Any game after that in March seems likely though 

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Accies would need to lose both - not draw 1 - for us to win it at Stirling (as well as us picking up 9/9 points). 

Basically, it probably won’t be happening at Stirling. Any game after that in March seems likely though 

This^

17 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

We continue to chase the organiser for updates on a new date. Very, very frustrating tbh and like everyone who bought tickets (ourselves included) if it’s not going to happen or he doesn’t know when (appreciate he’s having to work with Latapy to get him to the UK), refunds need to be offered. We’ll continue to try & get updates or a resolution 👍🏼

Last time we (John) had a proper discussion with them was in November when John ambushed the guy in the stadium (the organiser is involved with Edin City). 

dude, that's a wee bit of a cop out. i feel for you BUT you both pushed it big time, very excitingly did you do you due diligence, i heard from someone at the club they declined to be part of it wouldn't say why, perhaps you both need to be careful in future.

7 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

Totally agree, would finally be a stadium to be proud of and feel more like home. 

Seems to be a missed opportunity with the Foundation doing their own thing - they only exist because of the club branding and location so don't know what the issue is. 

tbh it's all getting a bit boring now, mrs J told me to calm down so i will be doing what she says.

4 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

dude, that's a wee bit of a cop out. i feel for you BUT you both pushed it big time, very excitingly did you do you due diligence, i heard from someone at the club they declined to be part of it wouldn't say why, perhaps you both need to be careful in future.

Absolutely your opinion mate however not too sure it’s a cop out reply as we’ve been very open about the poor communication from the organiser since he postponed the original date and updated our position on the podcast (& on social media too) on a few occasions. Appreciate hugely it’s everyone’s hard earned cash on tickets (as I mentioned we bought for family too) so will do all we can from our side & continue to attempt contact but he has made that very difficult by ignoring emails & calls to his personal & business contacts. The club have even been trying, alongside ourselves, at resolving this as it’s Falkirk fans being effected (and I assume Hibs fans too for that matter as 2 nights were booked there). 

Re due diligence, the organiser had put these events on previously and as far as we could see, without issue, so accepted the hosting of it gladly (or excitedly as you mentioned) and offered us competition prizes (tickets) to advertise, which we did.  

You are correct too, that the organiser contacted FFC, as well as Hibs who took the booking to host at Easter Road, however unsure why it didn’t suit either FFC or the organiser. 

Far from my ideal I know & we are doing what we can do (not a lot as hosts tbh) to help either get a new date confirmed asap or get refunds to us all. 

52 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

it will happen with Edinburgh at home. I know this because I can't make the game. B*****ds

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Question:  My brother and I are going to the game tomorrow.  We usually park in the away car park behind the north stand because I can't walk longer distances easily.  We don't like parking there because of the massive potholes and after the trouble at the end of the TNS game, while that would probably never happy again, it's still on our minds, as where we are parked we would be perceived as away supporters.

Is there anywhere else we can park within a short walking distance?   Also, what do you have to do to be able to park in front of the main stand?   Cheers

Your best option is to contact one of the supporter services personnel listed here: Matchday Guide - Falkirk Football Club (falkirkfc.co.uk)

Main stand parking is permit only and your other options are detailed in the above guide.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Accies losing both those games isn't as far fetched as it sounds in the form they are in. Kelty are more than capable of taking three points off them. Although I'll admit as pish as Accies have been it'll be a bit of a stretch if Edinburgh do but stranger things have happened. 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Oops aye right enough I'm forgetting that even an astronomically superior goal difference COULD still be clawed back. 

On 29/02/2024 at 16:05, Bigbrbairn said:

A brawl outside a nightclub which caused Jim Duffy to pack in as manager!

I didn't listen to the podcast so don't know Sammy's take on events but it was always my opinion that Duffy thought he was a shoe in for the vacant Thistle job so Salcoats became a very convenient way for him to free himself up