The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Jesus wept. We're unbeaten in 26 this season Hamilton have lost 3 out of your last 6 and we're meant to be bottling it. 

You guys don't get it. 

I'm aware of our problems to date but it has all changed now with your problems.

Our squad will put this title race to the wire. 

Don't let it ruin your night? I still have you just marginal favourites. 

We were right to turn down Morrison and keep the money for a Championship/ Premiership level player in Rose. Shrewd by the board.

I just hope it's not too late.

37 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Enough of our problems how are you tonight given your big team lost to your neighbours across the M74 this afternoon 

Strange take given its a pretty open secret you guys have trumped Airdrie in your leanings that way nowadays.

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Or maybe the manager has sat the two lads down and agreed a plan of month about? Long played all January, Hogarth all February. March starts and Long is back in. Not that I agree with it TBH but McGlynn has already said there was no deal with Lincoln. 

As you know not hugely impressed by either keeper but Hogarth didn’t deserve to be dropped and he is our player.

Play him to the end of the season (or until he has a horrendous game) and stop making unnecessary changes.

14 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Any chance we can get this boring b*****d blocked or something? Far too obvious 😴

No don’t! We were just about to start fighting amongst ourselves before he distracted us. 

Two points chucked away today. Haven’t seen the actual stats but we must’ve had a ridiculous amount of crosses and corners in the game, but to only score a single goal after that amount of chances created is ‘criminal’, and McGlynn was absolutely right to use that very word in the interview. Not clinical enough in front of goal,, a very poor show attacking wise. Annan played to their game plan perfectly and crosses in to the box were cleared away easily, meat and drink for some of their defenders, not good enough from us. They beat Hamilton, I kept reminding myself, so Annan are no mugs, far from. We seemed to play ourselves in to danger at the death. We seemed to pass our way backwards from their half in to ours, along the touch line. They then won a throw and punted it lottery style in to the mixer and we were at sixes and sevens at the back - they finished it. A sore one. If McGinn’s interview is anything to go by, the players are a bit angry and embarrassed by that sucker punch, so they’ll be more ‘clinical’ at Cove on Tuesday. We all hope so, and we shall see, since talk is cheap. Silver lining is we’re still unbeaten and maintain a sizeable lead over Accies. Confident we will reach 80 points+ which will put it to bed. Today acts as a reminder that football can kick you in the nuts whenever it wants. Bring on Cove.

Edited by GunnerBairn

As others have said, a very strange decision by McGlynn to rotate the keepers. Hogarth had the jersey, has a blinder last week and wins man of the match yet gets "rotated" this week? There's not much difference between them for me but Hogarth had kept two clean sheets back to back so deserved to stay in goal. 

On today's game, we could easily have been 3 or 4 up in the opening 20 minutes. Thought Annan were happy to let us have the ball out wide, let us fire crosses in and head them away. Going through the middle wasn't really on either. 

Thought we got a bit of luck for our goal, couldn't really see what happened but looked a goalie error. 

Like most people around me, we could all see what happened at the end coming in the last 10 minutes. Defending seemed at times to be a but rushed and lacking composure and as a team I thought a number of players looked sluggish and tired.

Long never looked like winning the high ball as he had a standing jump and no momentum before going up. 

I'm not going to be critical of Long for that error on the basis that keeper errors do usually result in loss of a goal which is why they get highlighted as much, happens at every level. 

Let's put today down as a bad day and move on but get the booing at the end in the bin.

Edited by FK1Bairn

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Ultimately though Long has got to do better- Hogarth should be back in on Tuesday.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. From McGlynn’s post match, sounds like there’s an agreement between the keepers to play alternating months. Don’t agree with that myself as you could be dropping a form keeper for a poor form keeper, due to a rota! Not for me thanks, just play the better goalie and for me it’s Hogarth.

1 hour ago, Theaccman said:

You guys don't get it. 

I'm aware of our problems to date but it has all changed now with your problems.

We were right to turn down Morrison and keep the money for a Championship/ Premiership level player in Rose. Shrewd by the board.

Fu-king brilliant mate🎣 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Theaccman said:

You guys don't get it. 

Turn down Morrison 🤣🤣 in your dreams sonny.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

They looked angry

If the reaction I saw at HT during the Edinburgh 2-2  is anything to go by, the players will be raging. The stand there had the benefit of being right next to the players changing rooms and you could see their faces when they stormed in, having played badly in the first half. Think it was Spencer that went tonto as he walked back in, the door shut and you could hear a commotion. Clear to say results hurt the players as much it does us fans, we just don’t see the other side, but get glimpses from time to time. I think we’ll get a good reaction for Cove.

8 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Turn down Morrison 🤣🤣 in your dreams sonny.

Many a true word is spoken in jest though. While the Morrison stuff is nonsense, Hamilton have certainly brought Akheem Rose to our attention. 

edited to add: and good to hear that Scott Martin is back in training. 

Edited by StuartA

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Players in the lounge after the game confirmed Morrison will be fine. McGlynn was raging with them & kept them in the changing room longer than normal after the game too. 

They said they are determined to get back to a winning run from Tuesday & get this league won asap. 

Glad Morrison is alright. Hope for all our sakes they put that determination in to a clinical performance, as we all know talk is cheap. I reckon the players are hurting as much as we are and want to right this wrong ASAP.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I just hope this keeper rotation pish doesn't come back to bite us on the arse. It cost us two points today. And there's still plenty to play for. 

No it didn’t, missing a dozen chances cost us.

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

In the last embers of the game when the three points are in the bag played shite n yer goalie drops a clanger.. can't agree there. Sorry. Pair of safe hands see it out regardless. We shouldn't need to score three or four to win games although it's nice. We managed a one nil last week, it's all about results at this stage.

19 minutes ago, StuartA said:

It did. We’re in the 4th minute of stoppage time with about 20 seconds left of the game. Just take what you’ve got and move on. We had our goal and clean sheet and that should have been that. However, when you have a 5 ft odd goalkeeper, a complete lump into the box becomes a nightmare and the keeper ends up getting bullied. Watching it back it’s in the air for ages so it gives him time to get momentum in his jump and he still doesn’t get up high enough to get a decent punch on it.