The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I think those are areas we would strengthen as a priority in the summer.

Given the type of player McIver is, I think he will do as well as similar championship archetypes like Todarov for example. Given this is his first full time season hopefully he can keep improving over the next couple of months and show he's ready.

Nesbitt will do well too I think, he needs to work on his finishing but his athleticism and work rate means he will be a nightmare for defences next year. I think he's championship level.

Maciver will be ok as a squad player but we will need a striker with better finishing and hold up play imo.

Shanley hasn’t had much game time but has had very little impact in the matches he has played, so not sure I’d be triggering the option on him.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Maciver will be ok as a squad player but we will need a striker with better finishing and hold up play imo.

Shanley hasn’t had much game time but has had very little impact in the nets he’s he has played, so not sure I’d be triggering the option on him.

That's fair, for me shanleys renewal would come down to cost.

If he's a cheap squad option I'd be happy with that, giving him a chance to improve as a full time player as well but if it's between him or someone proven at that level it's obviously not much of a choice. 

Didn't see the game unfortunately, but that's a cracking win. Fair play to Hendo stepping back into centre-half and playing well by all account, and really glad to hear Tait had another great game. I'd really hope we can keep him next season, he's a proper classy player. 

The feeling when we get this over the line is going to be unbelievable. Obviously the day we win it will be class, but as I've said before, really looking forward to Accies away on the 13th. Will be some laugh :lol:

I would agree that I think the three positions with the priority for strengthening would be GK, No.10 and a striker. I think you've actually got the basis of a decent Championship starting XI there if you improve in those key areas.

I have to echo the comments of @BPM in fairness. If that was a boxing match it would have been stopped. Said it before but Dylan Tait is a top drawer footballer, he’s technically outstanding. Defensively we coped excellently without Lang and I thought Mackie had another really good game just like he did against Montrose. Great bloody win and shout out to all those who travelled up! 

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

😉

I’d hate to see Ola getting into bother for that, he wouldn’t expect it to be filmed. 

But if anyone does clip it, some upbeat and cheery music given his excellent dancing would work well. And then we make it go viral and pay the song when Hartley comes to TFS next. 

I reckon if we win the next three then the title will Be done. Hamiltons form has been dreadful lately and I don’t see any scenario where they win their next 4 games

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Sean Mackie, I thought he might be for the off at the end of the season but I’m changing my mind. His physicality could be an asset in a championship squad.

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Sean Mackie, I thought he might be for the off at the end of the season but I’m changing my mind. His physicality could be an asset in a championship squad.

If he's happy to be 2nd choice LB again and has an according salary then absolutely. He might think he needs to be first choice somewhere though.

Great day/night away and some fantastic hospitality with exiled bairns. Thought we controlled the game with ease, special mention to Mackie, Henderson & Tait. Miller was different class for his twenty odd minutes. Keeper never troubled and Cove look miles away from the team a couple of seasons back. As with many, not that keen on this “rotation thing” but Cove never threatened. Going to be a difficult POTY, with so many candidates, but Henderson & Miller maybe worthy of top billing. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He had his best game for us. Bombed forward every chance he got. Crosses into the box were mostly too close to their keeper but he gave the assist for the goal. Bad luck for him that McCann has been so good. 

8 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 23.05.28.png

Wee song for when the mink comes to TFS hopefully for the last time in a while.

He’s the reason, we’ve been in this shit for 5 seasons, but John has us all believing, f**k YOU HARTLEY

Edited by Harry Kinnear