The Falkirk FC Thread

that is two very poor performances where we really have goy away with wins when they weren't deserved. It underlines just how important Lang is to the whole team ad his presence allows ua to play how McGlynn wants us too. 

Imm still torn though for player of the year, Lang had been brilliant but Liam Henderson in midfield for me had made the biggest difference and that has really been proven with him having to play in defence the last 2 games.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

There are a serious number of candidates for player of the year in this team however for me Henderson is the most important player we have and he'd get my nod.

There was a complete roaster behind me yesterday slagging him (and others) off, saying he was too soft. Some of our fans don't deserve this team. 

Guy beside us was slagging McIvor before he was even on the pitch 🤷‍♂️

It says something when Falkirk fans think a poor performance is not steamrolling other teams.  That was a decent Stirling side and we could easily have lost. Hamilton might struggle next week.

To me, the last few weeks have shown how good a side we have. Losing Tom is massive, and we’ve managed to keep winning despite that and some rotation, which some folk hate. But it makes me quite proud that nearly all the squad are a part of it. 

Edited by StuartA

11 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

that is two very poor performances where we really have goy away with wins when they weren't deserved. It underlines just how important Lang is to the whole team ad his presence allows ua to play how McGlynn wants us too. 

Imm still torn though for player of the year, Lang had been brilliant but Liam Henderson in midfield for me had made the biggest difference and that has really been proven with him having to play in defence the last 2 games.

Which two performances are you talking about? I'm struggling to think of a game this season where the final result wasn't 'deserved'.

Edit to add that this got me thinking; has there been a match this season where the opposition has had more efforts on goal with more on target than us? Maybe against Partick or DU in the LC, but I'd be very surprised if it's happened in the league.

Edited by ShaggerG

36 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Which two performances are you talking about? I'm struggling to think of a game this season where the final result wasn't 'deserved'.

Edit to add that this got me thinking; has there been a match this season where the opposition has had more efforts on goal with more on target than us? Maybe against Partick or DU in the LC, but I'd be very surprised if it's happened in the league.

Can't think of a game this season where a team has created more chances than us. Can think of a couple where teams didn't even have a shot on target though.

I think it's good that we've had rotation and some of our poorer performances in front of goal over the last 3 weeks and still won all but 1 game, shows how strong the team is.

It's clear that there is going to be a massive negative overreaction from a section of the fanbase when we do eventually lose a game.

Frightening how quick some football fans can become entitled and think that no team should even be able to give us a difficult game. 

Games this quarter were always going to be much tighter with what’s at stake for almost every team. We didn’t create as many chances yesterday as we have been but that’s the first time in a long time we haven’t hit double digits in terms of shots on target. As JM said in the week, someone soon will get a doing and I feel it could happen in the next week or 2 tbh. 

We roll on to Dumfries…

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think the grass pitch, as discussed pre game, once again had an effect on us. 

Yes and the size of the pitch giving our wingers no space. There’s no coincidence that Stirling twice, Bonnyrigg once were poor surfaces so we get forced into more long balls. 

i think the one improvement we could do is play through the middle more, I think earlier in the season we mixed it up more but recently our wingers have put the ball in the box earlier. That still works but not allowing the opposition to know where the threat is going to come from is more advantageous. It’s also why we don’t get that many penalties. For instance I’d like to see Agyeman play in the nr 10 role when he comes on for a few games. Sadly of late he’s been sent on to hold the ball in the corner for the last few minutes and yesterday didn’t get a touch at all until the referee blew his whistle. 

Anyway I’m not really moaning, this has been the best football I’ve seen from us in 50+ years of watching us. 

That felt like a really hard fought win yesterday and to say it wasn't deserved is just nonsense. We were by far the better side but just couldn't quite finish until that Gary Oliver goal. Watching it back, the ball didn't touch the ground from Coll Donaldsons cross way back in our half before it hit the net. Brilliant. 

Plaudits also have to go to Sam Long, have been critical of the switching around but he was excellent yesterday after a few games to settle in. From his shot stopping which has always been good, to his distribution. The second goal also came from him initially sending the ball to big Coll. 

Has to be Morrison POTY for me and Yeats YPOTY

Ross and Tait I'd try to keep.  Despite Olivers recent efforts he's had enough chances in the 10 and sole striker roles for us to know what to expect.  Have to remember too that the standard of opposition this season is much poorer than it will be next.  Hamilton/QOS both teams he could do well in next year

I don’t think he will get it, but Donaldson is in with a shout for me. Even in the League Cup against Peterhead, he had a couple of really shaky moments where there looked a bit of a hangover from last season and the crowd were getting on his back. However, once he and Tom Lang got used to each other and built up their partnership, he’s been an absolute colossus. All while captaining the team and likely dealing the mental scars that come with playing with Brad McKay. No mean feat.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

POTY is probably the hardest choice it has been in years. Can't decide where it should go. Compared to last year one of the biggest improvements has been our defensive record and I think from there it would have to go to Tom Lang even with Captain Col being as strong as he has been. But then there is Morrison, not only has he been our best player for several years but he has come on leaps in the last year itself. Then you have to think another aspect we have been missing in the last several years has been a strong midfield and that has maybe had one of the biggest impacts on our game, so do Henderson/Spencer deserve it there instead? They all deserve it tbh. Morrison maybe edges it for me for the sheer legend status he has solidified for himself. 

YPOTY is not questionable. It's Yeats. 

35 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Every team in the league apart from Edinburgh have still things to play for. Annan, QOTS,Stirling and Kelty have relegation play off place to fear and the rest are fighting for top 4. A few tight games coming up.

100%. A lot at stake for teams at this stage of the season, plus the added incentive of being the ones to finally beat Falkirk, so nobody will be lacking in motivation when playing us. It'll be interesting to see how the squad handle the remaining games after the league title is mathematically confirmed. Wheels fell off a bit in 2005 after Ross County at home, and I'm hoping that doesn't happen this year.