The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Anyone know how to report someone who is trolling you?

Dont know . If it is Rennieball /Higgenarse ( if they are indeed 2 people) then you are just a part of a growing line. I get a red dot for saying Falkirk are brilliant!

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dont know . If it is Rennieball /Higgenarse ( if they are indeed 2 people) then you are just a part of a growing line. I get a red dot for saying Falkirk are brilliant!

Yes, they are both attention seeking morons. I have blocked both of them for red dotting me everything I post even when it is very postive, like this season has been brilliant.

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Yes, they are both attention seeking morons. I have blocked both of them for red dotting me everything I post even when it is very postive, like this season has been brilliant.

The more you react the worse they get. I have tried pm but no reply. Very childlike

18 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Anyone know how to report someone who is trolling you?

Ignore them. If red dotting positive posts gives them a kick then let them bash on. 

18 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Might be worth turning off your notifications. Then this guy can red dot until his wee hand is sore, which it usually is anyway but for other reasons.

One of the best things I ever did.

Long return drive from deepest South Lanarkshire to Montrose for this one, but boy was it worthwhile!

I honestly can’t add anything to what’s already been said on here. The team were magnificent all season and last night was like all of the best bits of it put in to 90 mins.

Glad the boys are enjoying the well deserved celebrations. Just don’t let Hartley of all people take away our unbeaten run on Saturday night by enjoying the euphoria too long though lads…..

Privileged to see three cup finals, privileged to see so many brilliant days at Brockville, privileged to see so many players that the young team, young supporters, and the Ultras can only read about, privileged to walk with nearly three thousand fans at our way to Vaduz. 
Yesterday was something more special. Feel like the fans, club, and players have earned and got our identity back, maybe some respect from others who have slaughtered us being down here, and probably deserved.

Thanks for giving our Falkirk back. 

An appreciation post and a big slice of humble pie. I was wrong about McGlynn.

l agreed with the comments here and elsewhere - he's never won anything, he's a relic, he doesn't win the big games, he has no plan b, Yates is never a right back, Ross MacIver won't score goals, he's easily out thought by younger managers, Nesbitt should'n't get an extended deal, he's stubborn, too loyal to players who don't deserve it, he should have been sacked at half time at Airdrie and others I'm sure.

This has been my best season following our club, i've never seen us win a league and play football like we saw yesterday, last week, the week before and the week before that going all the way back to July last year. 

He's proved me wrong and a lot of other people here and other places. Thank f**k for that lol.

Edited by AJ1981

2 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

An appreciation post and a big slice of humble pie. I was wrong about McGlynn.

l agreed with the comments here and elsewhere - he's never won anything, he's a relic, he has no plan b, Yates is never a right back, Ross MacIver won't score goals, he's easily out thought by younger managers, Nesbitt should'n't get an extended deal, he's stubborn, too loyal to players who don't deserve it, he should have been sacked at half time at Airdrie and others I'm sure.

This has been my best season following our club, i've never seen us win a league and play football like we saw yesterday, last week, the week before and the week before that going all the way back to July last year. 

He's proved me wrong and a lot of other people here and other places. Thank f**k for that lol.

I,ll take the second piece of  humble pie. The abhorrent collapse last year was so bad, I nearly gave up. Hands up to JM, he’s built a team that is a bloody good watch, just need to work on next seasons squad.. 

Posted a long ramble on Twitter summing up my feelings copied below. Hard to believe how bad things were 2 years ago, what a turnaround off and on the park

Been a mad weekend, one of the best ever. The relief before kick-off was an incredible feeling when the Hamilton result came through, really allowed me to enjoy the game, and what a performance it was. That half an hour on the park after full time was 👌

After 7 years of failure, and 19 years without seeing the club win promotion, Saturday was just magic. Watched the game again on Sunday and was thinking back to the first @FalkirkFC podcast we did with @JamieSwinney86 two years ago. The club was on its arse, I was absolutely fuming at the end of that campaign, and we were staring part-time football in the face. Came out of that worried what could happen if things got worse, but optimistic that the work behind the scenes by the board and staff would be successful, and the recruitment of John & Paul was the right one.

Another nearly campaign last year ending in anger, but the team built the fans confidence in the first half of the season. Late goals against Montrose, Queens, and Stirling never let Hamilton pull away. Then the result away in December against them is when it felt like it might happen.

The 8 days in February where we smashed Accies, who could have cut the gap to 5 that day, then followed up with two victories building a 17 point gap was special.

The fans have been different class and have been finally rewarded for their support. Well done to them, and huge well done to everyone inside the club whose work has finally got us this title. Next year might end up being tough, but this season will live long in the memory.

I’m going to stick my neck out and bring a bit balance to things. Note: I missed out because I was working yesterday so that might be a factor. 

Reminder/reality: we had to get out of this league this season or risk losing our club as we knew it. The style we have achieved it has been fantastic but I think, just like we would be HOPING for better times in our dark days, we had no margin for error this season. 

The hard work will begin soon. As my Falkirk fan/neighbour was saying tonight, these small leagues make for a certain type of football that is more about ultra-competiveness than entertainment and that’s the waters we’ll be entering soon. 

However:

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ O

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and bring a bit balance to things. Note: I missed out because I was working yesterday so that might be a factor. 

Reminder/reality: we had to get out of this league this season or risk losing our club as we knew it. The style we have achieved it has been fantastic but I think, just like we would be HOPING for better times in our dark days, we had no margin for error this season. 

The hard work will begin soon. As my Falkirk fan/neighbour was saying tonight, these small leagues make for a certain type of football that is more about ultra-competiveness than entertainment and that’s the waters we’ll be entering soon. 

However:

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ O

It was quite simple,if we did not go up this year we were going part time/hybrid

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I,ll take the second piece of  humble pie. The abhorrent collapse last year was so bad, I nearly gave up. Hands up to JM, he’s built a team that is a bloody good watch, just need to work on next seasons squad.. 

Recruitment is no 1. He got that spot-on after the collapse at the of last season. He signed a few and not in the style of “The Experiment” or the quick fix approach of following transfer windows.

The pressure was on. The club got it right. He got it right.

Well done.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven