The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Their recruitment was absolutely honking in the main though.

This is really saying something but apart from Mcglynn M&M probably had the best recruitment out of the managers we have had since being relegated. I’m not saying they didn’t sign some absolute donkeys but they probably don’t get enough credit from bringing Calumn Morrison to the club. They also brought in guys like Dowds and Keena, who yes maybe didn’t set the show on fire at the Falkirk stadium, but were obviously good players and have went on to have success elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

This is really saying something but apart from Mcglynn M&M probably had the best recruitment out of the managers we have had since being relegated. I’m not saying they didn’t sign some absolute donkeys but they probably don’t get enough credit from bringing Calumn Morrison to the club. They also brought in guys like Dowds and Keena, who yes maybe didn’t set the show on fire at the Falkirk stadium, but were obviously good players and have went on to have success elsewhere. 

Both Keena and Dowds would have been much better for us if they were working under a good manager. The amount of players that have looked dreadful in a Falkirk shirt over the years highlights what a basket case of a clubs we were. 

Sean Mackie has been excellent since he came back in and I’ve gone from having him on the release list to being one I would definitely offer a contract. Same with Ethan Ross, I would try to get him if he is happy to join. I’m not saying they would be first 11 but you know when they come off the bench or have to come in due to injuries we can more than rely on them to do a good job.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Sean Mackie has been excellent since he came back in and I’ve gone from having him on the release list to being one I would definitely offer a contract. Same with Ethan Ross, I would try to get him if he is happy to join. I’m not saying they would be first 11 but you know when they come off the bench or have to come in due to injuries we can more than rely on them to do a good job.

Mackie had another 2 assists on Saturday. Not bad for someone playing in central defence. That's 4 league assists for him this season when he's been on the bench most of it.

15 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Both Keena and Dowds would have been much better for us if they were working under a good manager. The amount of players that have looked dreadful in a Falkirk shirt over the years highlights what a basket case of a clubs we were. 

The problem was Keena didn’t look interested at all while at the club. 

23 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Miller and McCracken are decent people imo who had virtually no coaching (never mind managerial) experience. They were thrown in at the deep end into a position they should probably never have been in but took us a lot closer to getting out of this league than many others.

The circumstances of Covid, Holt and injuries didn’t help. Personally I don’t have any bad feelings towards them.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Miller and McCracken are decent people imo who had virtually no coaching (never mind managerial) experience. They were thrown in at the deep end into a position they should probably never have been in but took us a lot closer to getting out of this league than many others.

The circumstances of Covid, Holt and injuries didn’t help. Personally I don’t have any bad feelings towards them.

Totally agree. I still think it was the right decision to sack them, but I personally don’t put them in the same bracket as sheerin, McKinnon, holt, Hartley or rennie. But I might have my navy blue tinted glasses on when I say that! 

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It would look better if the Crunchy Carrot logo was also gold, just like in the 2015-16 season.

image.gif.fa7298b8bf890cc8049df37fc6e4707d.gif

Looking at the pictures on Greaves website I think the crunchy carrot logo is also gold, love it has the 1876 badge, think we should go back to that.

HI EVERYONE

We all know this has been a unique and memorable season. 

I am currently involved in a Falkirk FC project which will not be announced for a few weeks but I am seeking personal stories from this season from supporters. 

That could be things that happened to you at or on the way to matches, meeting players, events in your life that this team has made better or influenced. Or whatever.

I cannot promise they will be used, but some probably will be - so please write to me at:

pablorobo@hotmail.com

and I and the club will be grateful. They are needed before April 21st please. 

You are welcome to share this post on other social media etc.

Cheers

Pablo

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think they are available yet, doesn’t it say coming soon 

I hope that’s true. Would love to get one. They should have made x 2024 tops. I’m sure they would sell all of them. 

3 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

I hope that’s true. Would love to get one. They should have made x 2024 tops. I’m sure they would sell all of them. 

Maybe if they sell out quick they might make more 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm the exact same. The fact that we haven't missed Lang or Hendo tells you everything you need to know. Thought he was terrific on Saturday, with my only slight criticism (at the time) being Montrose's goal, but having watched it back, it's an absolute peach of a ball and simply not Mackie's fault in the slightest. He was my MotM. Get him signed up, McGlynn.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

image.thumb.png.3af11489ace144a89cf7e2f81a6e3217.png

Oh my !!!!

If I'm lucky enough to acquire one of these when they go on sale (only 150 being made apparently!) it'll be getting framed.

Unrelated: Would also like to echo that I'd like to see the Est. 1876 return to the badge.

Edited by Raybowski89