The Falkirk FC Thread

Tbh, league 1 or not, every Diddy side fan dreams of having a season like this. Every Diddy fan dreams of having Callumn Morrison helping himself to 20+ goals, every Diddy fan dreams of Tom Lang and Coll Donaldson taking bodies, of Liam Henderson putting it all on the line every week, of Finn Yeats starting the season as a teenage midfielder and ending it as the best full back in the league, of Lean McCann out jumping c***s a foot taller than him.... 

Can dish out all the snark u want, but right now, everyone wants to be a Bairn cos its feels fucking..... Beautiful

9 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Just watched the full game on alba. Did someone replace Sean Mackie with maldini?

I was going to mention this. Your left sided centre back was absolutely fantastic. Strolled it

Is Mackie out of contract? He's been phenomenal the last few games. I have to admit, I'd written him off a wee bit but he's clearly desperate to remain here and I don't think there's any more he can do. We haven't missed Lang or Hendo at all, and that's the biggest compliment I can give him.

When we were relegated I'm sure I posted when we win the league I'll not be celebrating or hanging around, a bit of applause and up the road, I got that arrogantly wrong. I should have known better as I have grew up with us in the division as a kid.

After five years the cobwebs of mediocrity have been blown away by this team and they have been an absolute joy to watch every week.

Sore throat, sore head, sore hands from clapping, best day ever.

16 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Is Mackie out of contract? He's been phenomenal the last few games. I have to admit, I'd written him off a wee bit but he's clearly desperate to remain here and I don't think there's any more he can do. We haven't missed Lang or Hendo at all, and that's the biggest compliment I can give him.

It was the way he was pinging the ball about , touch was great and he was pushing into midfield.  Just shows you what getting a few games under your belt does and being fully fit. That and Donaldson's great form means he doesn't have to worry about who he's playing alongside like past seasons.  He's versatile too I wouldn't be against him getting a new deal but he might want to play more often.

Looked back on our results. What a lot of goals! You sometimes forget the 5 goals and 4 goals games dotted through the season.

At the age of 66 and having watched the Bairns through the good times and bad i am sure that this team and this season has been the best  Not just winning but destroying the opposition at times. PROUD

Edited by Bigbrbairn

I had an absolutely brilliant day at Montrose yesterday.

Our fans were a joy to behold and what other superlatives can you say about our team and management team.

Fans of certain other teams might not agree with this but it’s 100% different when you support your local team and they win something. It means so much, much more to us as the celebrations are all done in the local communities with friends and family.

Yesterday at full time I was on the pitch and surrounded by my people, people I knew and even the ones I didn’t know were born and raised probably within a 10 mile radius of me.

It was brilliant yesterday, just a brilliant feeling.

12 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

What a day! Seen us win a few Division 1 titles in my time but today I got to enjoy a day out with my 8 year old son and my father in law watching us stroll towards the title. 

I'll openly admit on here that after spending 6 seasons refereeing on saturdays I fell out of love with football for a few seasons and even when I did go to games I couldn't have cared less about the result. My son has now got into football in the last two seasons and I'm loving the time we get together. Hearing him singing Falkirk songs when he wakes up and goes to bed this week, celebrating with him today when the title was confirmed then being on the pitch at the end are things I will remember for the rest of my days. 

We've now watched the goals on Alba twice since we got home and seen footage on social media of the players in BTW tonight. A great day to be a Falkirk fan.

Thank you to John McGlynn, Paul Smith, the coaching staff, players and BoD for the direction the club is now heading. The Ultras/Young Team have made a massive difference and deserve a lot of credit, seeing fully grown men - some of whom seemed to be in their 70's - on the pitch singing and celebrating was brilliant and shows the togetherness around the club. 

Cheeky b*****d, I'm only 66!

What a fucking day. We’ve got our club back and it feels so fucking good.

A rendition of Allez, Allez, Allez, Oh with the Chief Exec in the kebab shop at the end of the night just seemed like the perfect way for it to end 😂

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Our fans were a joy to behold and what other superlatives can you say about our team and management team.

Fans of certain other teams might not agree with this but it’s 100% different when you support your local team and they win something. It means so much, much more to us as the celebrations are all done in the local communities with friends and family.

Yesterday at full time I was on the pitch and surrounded by my people, people I knew and even the ones I didn’t know were born and raised probably within a 10 mile radius of me.

As many of you will already be aware, I spent most of my life following Rangers up until my decision to leave them behind. I'd celebrated cup wins, league titles etc in the past but yesterday was on another level entirely. This meant 100x more. Running onto the pitch at FT and celebrating with the players and guys I went to school with will stay with me until the day I leave this earth. I wasn't born a Bairn, but I'll die one. Thank you FFC for making me fall in love with football again.

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

100% this. Sportsters felt like a family party lastnight. Everyone just absolutely buzzing. Team there in their tracksuits joining in the fun. Magnificent.

Yesterday was absolutely ridiculous.  It's like it was a dream.  To see our team run away with the league, flatten a team that isn't that bad and still be unbeaten and the post game celebrations is truely the things dreams are made of.

I have endured the ups and downs of being a Bairn since my first game around 1970, some for even longer.  We've witnessed great days and the worst.   If we do finish the season unbeaten I feel this is the best season in my lifetime.  Such a vibe going on around the club, it's wonderful.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hiya pal. Can't wait for our match threads next season. They are sure to be filled with absolute top notch #content

Up there with the comedy greats such as Janey Godley, Michael mcintyre and Jimmy Tarbuck