The Falkirk FC Thread

That was so much fun, what a joy to watch this team is.  This group of players are just brilliant.  Epitomised by Leon McCann defending like a man possessed in the last minute even though we were 7-1 up. Given their relative ages, the potential is huge. I hope they are having a brilliant night. 

What a day! Seen us win a few Division 1 titles in my time but today I got to enjoy a day out with my 8 year old son and my father in law watching us stroll towards the title. 

I'll openly admit on here that after spending 6 seasons refereeing on saturdays I fell out of love with football for a few seasons and even when I did go to games I couldn't have cared less about the result. My son has now got into football in the last two seasons and I'm loving the time we get together. Hearing him singing Falkirk songs when he wakes up and goes to bed this week, celebrating with him today when the title was confirmed then being on the pitch at the end are things I will remember for the rest of my days. 

We've now watched the goals on Alba twice since we got home and seen footage on social media of the players in BTW tonight. A great day to be a Falkirk fan.

Thank you to John McGlynn, Paul Smith, the coaching staff, players and BoD for the direction the club is now heading. The Ultras/Young Team have made a massive difference and deserve a lot of credit, seeing fully grown men - some of whom seemed to be in their 70's - on the pitch singing and celebrating was brilliant and shows the togetherness around the club. 

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

A night of mixed emotions for me. 

Been a Falkirk fan all my life but always played football on a Saturday so it wasn’t until the 17/18 that I got a season ticket with my Dad. We’ve been devoted fans since then and stayed to the very end of every game (deserves a medal after what we’ve seen the past few seasons) and backed the team. Unfortunately my dad took unwell unexpected whilst on holiday in late October last year and past away early December. 

Ive been both joyous and full of emotion tonight as I know he’d have loved to have witnessed what I have over the past few months. A glass was raised to him when I found out the league was won!

My dad hated football! 😄

But he would have been happy for me, and it hurts that I won't get a handshake and a "Congratulations ma son!" after tonight.

Left Larbert at 1.30 yesterday afternoon to head up to Montrose. Watched one of the most special moments in my 30+ years of following the Bairns. Straight back down to Larbert to get changed to head to Govan for my nightshift. It’s now 5.43am and I’m still riding that wave of euphoria. F**k knows if I’ll sleep today before my next nightshift, maybe I’ll just watch the match over and over.

I fucking love this team and club 😍❤️🥹

COYB

Edited by glasgow_bairn

Well done and congrats. I'm a raith fan, and I'm always appreciative of john and smudger, apart from that signing, they were a good team. John lives round the road from me, doubt I'll see him today though 😂. Again, congratulations and enjoy the celebrations. 

A magnificent special day that makes up for the lows of the past five years. 
Fantastic hospitality from all the Montrose pubs and people, will never forget a certain full time score being confirmed, the pub went crazy with many a tear from old and young. 
Next two hours I felt like we were on a different planet. Cant single out any player, the squad were simply sensational. 
Thank you.

Just watched the game back.  Not a weak performance in there.  Nobody on the beach.  Nobody complacent.  Everyone on their game.  Fucking awesome.

Really reluctant to pick one out, I could give MotM to Nesbitt or Ross or MacIver or…but Mackie gets it for me.  Fucking hell.  What a game!

We drove up and were sitting in the car watching the scores come in, waiting for the Accies result.  It was confirmed by the roar from nearby pubs before it came through on my phone!

Edited by Disco Duck

Super John did say we were due someone a doing but I never expected it to be last night, brilliant to see Ross get his first league goal and a cracking assist.

Quality ball over the top from Tait to start that Nesbitt goal off too. Ross MacIver getting bloody two, Shanley & Agye coming off the bench to score and even Yeats nearly scored.

Get Yeats, Tait, Ross and Shanley confirmed for next season please super John. 

FALKIRK FC, THE NAVY BLUE ARMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!

Edited by FFC 1876

8 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s the fans who were constantly on here, just as the FT whistle had blown, before any concern for their own teams results. 

It’s nice to see some of the comments from other clubs fans tonight but to the @Vikingtons and @cb diamonds of this world. 

GIRUY!!!!

It’s very much certain fans of clubs like Morton, Ayr, Raith and Airdrie who have been obsessed to a new level with us. The first two mentioned there seem to have a complete delusion over the stature of their club in the Scottish game. 

8 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

What McGlynn has achieved is remarkable considering what he inherited.

This season he has had the 3rd biggest budget, the second best squad and secured first place

McGlynn is very impressive. Even us EF fans secretly admired how he twice rebuilt our neighbours along the road.

Football is very simple but hard to achieve- get the right manager  and you will be successful 

Anyway very well done  FFC. You will be a welcome addition to the Championship -👏👏👏