The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's interesting, few days after the game was told Tiger banjoed a fellow player just before they got on the bus to Hampden. Put that down to gossip but it would tie up with what you posted.

Aye, I remember that there was talk of fisticuffs between Tiger and Ferguson. I would have backed the wee man TBH!

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

Fergusson wasnt very successful to begin with at Man U. There were fan protests calling for his head iirc. There’s no guarantee he’d have done well with us. 
plus he called the team out on strike and then changed his mind. I was forced by my parents to miss the match and go to the Trossaughs that day with visiting relatives and I cried ( very young) when I found out I’d missed a match.  

also he once told 10 year old me to f**k off.    So bugger him lol. He wasn’t a great player and a total cheat. 

He wasn't the best footballer, but he was a prolific goal-scorer. In fact his 'worst' scoring performance was with us, scoring 37 times in 95 games.

44 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Ticket update anyone? 

Got tomorrow off. The idea of heading down to Larbert beer festival early tomorrow and not stopping til Saturday night is all consuming 

Crumbled and briefs have been secured.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's interesting, few days after the game was told Tiger banjoed a fellow player just before they got on the bus to Hampden. Put that down to gossip but it would tie up with what you posted.

It was common knowledge up in Rumford at the time……

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

He wasn't the best footballer, but he was a prolific goal-scorer. In fact his 'worst' scoring performance was with us, scoring 37 times in 95 games.

He was a bugger to play against and niggled the opposition.

Remember a game against Stenhousemuir, it was a corner to Falkirk and Fergie was jumping up in down in front of the goalie. As the corner was taken Fergie jumped on the toe of the Stenny goalie. There was the goalie hopping about while he nodded the ball in for a goal. Ran away to celebrate with the whole Stenny team following after his blood. Cunningham subbed him a few minutes later to avoid a punch up.

9 hours ago, One off poster said:

Folk can have differing opinions on Eddie May the player, Eddie May the academy manager or Eddie May the 1st team manager but it is irrefutable that his disco pants were second to none.

They were certainly better than Adam and the Ants

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

All this is true, but the transfer business he carried out and the style of football we played would have doomed him no matter his pedigree.

The mention of transfer business always makes me think of, what I believe to be, the best piece of transfer business we’ve EVER conducted. Involved Eddie May - sold to Motherwell, and in return we get Paul McGrillen, Stevie Kirk, plus £100K - which we promptly used to bring in Mo Johnston. I’ll never see better transfer dealings at Falkirk than that, and challenge any Bairn who can think of better for us(?). Jim Jeffries I doff my cap to you 👏

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

The mention of transfer business always makes me think of, what I believe to be, the best piece of transfer business we’ve EVER conducted. Involved Eddie May - sold to Motherwell, and in return we get Paul McGrillen, Stevie Kirk, plus £100K - which we promptly used to bring in Mo Johnston. I’ll never see better transfer dealings at Falkirk than that, and challenge any Bairn who can think of better for us(?). Jim Jeffries I doff my cap to you 👏

Last summer, we signed Tom Lang, Brad Spencer and Calvin Miller all in the same day. Now, I'm not saying that's the best business we've ever done, but it has to be in the conversation, surely?

19 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Does anyone happen to know if they're still selling the FFC dog bowls in the shop? I can never seem to get through on the phone.

They were last time I was in. Shop probably closed today though.

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

They were last time I was in. Shop probably closed today though.

Shop was open earlier today, not sure what time it closes though. Never noticed if there were dog bowls

31 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Somebody posted on Montrose's Facebook page that 2.300 away tickets have been bought, can anybody confirm?

Sounds about right as we had sold 2k on Tuesday, should break through 2.5k later today