The Falkirk FC Thread

Early start and so much looking forward to the game. The low key approach that M&S and the players are taking is exactly what’s required. 
Same application, hard work and effort as we’ve shown all season and won’t be far away. COYB 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

We’re hardly going to be sanctioned for selecting our own goalkeeper. If the implications of non-adherence to this so-called contract are that we are no longer furnished with loan players from Lincoln City then that’s a cross we’ll have to bear

Long playing another minute of first-team football is a now a complete waste of time. 

I would play Long, purely because he’s played in the last 5 games, gives us continuity when it’s needed. Had we won the league last week I’d be in complete agreement with you though.

58 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Nonsense. McGlynn has been open about his rotation policy. And even if it was, two wrongs wouldn’t make a right. 

"Wrong" to now prioritise the development of your contracted goalkeeper over the provision of game time to an average loan signing perfectly illustrates how ill-thought out this month about rotation policy has been. Nonsense indeed

I think that all 3 of you, @AGPar, @StuartA and @ShaggerG make valid points.

McGlynn probably had to agree to the rotation policy or else we wouldn’t have got Long on loan. It is what it is, we are stuck with it for now. As for the game tomorrow, I’m with Shagger on this, we’ve lost both Lang and Hendo so don’t want to disrupt our goalie / defence any more than it already is so keep Long between the sticks for a vital game. The minute that we secure promotion, however, then play Hogarth in every game going forward.

5 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

No issues at all with Nicky getting a new deal. I'd like to echo what others have said though, as I do feel an experienced back-up keeper would really help. Derek Gaston at Arbroath would be a good option, as he has coaching experience already. Michael McGovern of Hearts, for obvious reasons, would be another good choice. Even Jamie MacDonald at Morton would do. A younger alternative could be Jamie Sneddon at Partick Thistle, who is out of contract in the summer. He has bags of experience at championship level. I would expect him to probably be first choice, as opposed to back-up however.

Gaston is fucking rubbish, McGovern is done and Sneddon can’t keep his place at Partick. Thank f**k it is McGlynn who is signing players and not fans

28 minutes ago, AGPar said:

"Wrong" to now prioritise the development of your contracted goalkeeper over the provision of game time to an average loan signing perfectly illustrates how ill-thought out this month about rotation policy has been. Nonsense indeed

It isn’t about developing players it is about winning the league. Did you not notice McGlynn may well do that tomorrow?  Long has been terrific since his error against Annan. He will play tomorrow and Hogarth will play all April. He is been open about it. You don’t like it, I am not that keen either but you can’t argue with results. 

26 minutes ago, BPM said:

It isn’t about developing players it is about winning the league. Did you not notice McGlynn may well do that tomorrow?  Long has been terrific since his error against Annan. He will play tomorrow and Hogarth will play all April. He is been open about it. You don’t like it, I am not that keen either but you can’t argue with results. 

And then, for the final game of the season, a now doubt showpiece occasion with all that that will entail, our contracted goalkeeper will find himself dumped back on to the bench in favour of someone who will be on the way back to England a few days later.

Because it takes place in May.

I'll continue to call this situation for the absolute farce it is, irrespective of our league position. That it hasn't done us any damage is far more through luck than judgement.

Edited by AGPar

Since we're back on the rotation of goalkeepers debate, this was put up on the BBC website earlier today. It's about Brighton rotating their two keepers this year but has similarities to our situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68657908

For what it's worth, like most people I'm not a fan of the monthly rotation either and wish we could just pick one and stick with him until he either gets injured, sent off or loses stupid goals through mistakes regularly. Every time there's a rotation, whoever comes in looks a bit rusty to start with, loses some silly goals, plays themselves into a bit of form and then drops out again. Long made the mistake v Annan in his first game back and has now played himself into a bit of form. He could have a blinder tomorrow but come next week will be on the bench again. 

If that's all we have to complain about this season then I'll take it

Tomorrow may be the end of 5 years of absolute misery.  Dreading every Saturday because we are in a league that we should have been winning games but did not. A team with our resources should not have dropped into league one but we certainly earned it. To come on here on a Saturday evening seeing fans from all over enjoying taking the piss was horrible. We certainly were LOLKIRK as was often mentioned.

This season has been different.  We have the type of team most of us wanted. Full of attacking flair and a lot of resiliance when needed. The fans have reacted to this and the Ultras have been the focus.

From tomorrow we MAY be able to put all the banter and disappointment behind us and look positively to OUR future. This club is now a fan run club and mostly a happy place to be ( apart from that w****r who sits behind me who is never happy!)

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

And then, for the final game of the season, a now doubt showpiece occasion with all that that will entail, our contracted goalkeeper will find himself dumped back on to the bench in favour of someone who will be on the way back to England a few days later.

I'll continue to call this situation for the absolute farce it is, irrespective of our league position. That it hasn't done us any damage is far more through luck than judgement.

“Absolute farce” give your head a wobble and shake out the dust for f**k’s sake. We’re winning the league at a canter and you’re getting all angry about a peripheral issue. 

Edited by StuartA

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

What, like the disrespect afforded to Hogarth when, a week after a MOTM performance at Kelty Hearts, he was unceremoniously dumped in favour a short-term signing who is demonstrably no better a goalkeeper than he is?

Certainly would not meet my criteria of being "treated well"

are you related to Nikki by any chance lol, total over reaction. take a chill pill dude

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Not to fussed with him signing. It’s clear that he’s a really good shot stopper but work needed for his distribution and commanding his territory. As said he’s young and a mountain of a guy. Wishing him all the best and interesting to see what develops with someone coming in.

I think Nicky is either one for the future and / or a potentially marketable asset

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Mate nobody actually gives a f**k. Not even the 2 goalies themselves. Everyone is aware of the situation and everyone is quite happy it so please stop getting upset about a nothing situation.

Try and enjoy tomorrow no matter what goalie is playing. These days don’t come around often. 

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

I highly doubt that McGlynn will drop Hogarth for the last game, and I highly doubt that Lincoln will give a shit whether Long plays in it or not. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he gives them a half each. 

6 hours ago, AGPar said:

Luck 😂😂😂😂