The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

7 v 1 and the title. What a team!  

Great teams don’t just win a title they steamroller there way to it.

Never doubted them and wish I had put a bet on the invincible prediction I mentioned on here back in early November. COYB 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Aye without meaning to get all rugby fans territory about it, but well wishes from other fans is appreciated. 

That won’t cut it for me. The stick we have taken has been way overboard and I won’t forget. I can’t gloat too much because ultimately we’ve only won the third tier; although I know that has really burned a lot in Scottish football tonight. What I’m looking for is a proper promotion push next season. If we do achieve promotion back to the top division I’m going to absolutely bombard certain teams fan pages. 

5pm here in Colorado and I’m already comfortably buzzed. Mrs Shotgun has just asked if I remember agreeing to go and look for a new fridge tomorrow. 30+ years of marriage and it’s like she doesn’t know me at all. Bless her. 

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

A night of mixed emotions for me. 

Been a Falkirk fan all my life but always played football on a Saturday so it wasn’t until the 17/18 that I got a season ticket with my Dad. We’ve been devoted fans since then and stayed to the very end of every game (deserves a medal after what we’ve seen the past few seasons) and backed the team. Unfortunately my dad took unwell unexpected whilst on holiday in late October last year and past away early December. 

Ive been both joyous and full of emotion tonight as I know he’d have loved to have witnessed what I have over the past few months. A glass was raised to him when I found out the league was won!

Same man. Used to go to Brockville week in week out with my dad and away days. He passed away a good many years ago now. I have shed a tear tonight and a wee dram. 

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

A night of mixed emotions for me. 

Been a Falkirk fan all my life but always played football on a Saturday so it wasn’t until the 17/18 that I got a season ticket with my Dad. We’ve been devoted fans since then and stayed to the very end of every game (deserves a medal after what we’ve seen the past few seasons) and backed the team. Unfortunately my dad took unwell unexpected whilst on holiday in late October last year and past away early December. 

Ive been both joyous and full of emotion tonight as I know he’d have loved to have witnessed what I have over the past few months. A glass was raised to him when I found out the league was won!

Enjoy your night pal ❤️

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

5pm here in Colorado and I’m already comfortably buzzed. Mrs Shotgun has just asked if I remember agreeing to go and look for a new fridge tomorrow. 30+ years of marriage and it’s like she doesn’t know me at all. Bless her. 

Colorado? Go easy Mr Shotgun. Concealed carry and all that….

33 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

That won’t cut it for me. The stick we have taken has been way overboard and I won’t forget. I can’t gloat too much because ultimately we’ve only won the third tier; although I know that has really burned a lot in Scottish football tonight. What I’m looking for is a proper promotion push next season. If we do achieve promotion back to the top division I’m going to absolutely bombard certain teams fan pages. 

It’s the fans who were constantly on here, just as the FT whistle had blown, before any concern for their own teams results. 

It’s nice to see some of the comments from other clubs fans tonight but to the @Vikingtons and @cb diamonds of this world. 

GIRUY!!!!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

What a day/night. I’ve never seen Falkirk win a title, in fact the only thing I’ve ever seen us win was a challenge cup funnily enough against Hamilton of all teams. Utter relief to be out this league but also a celebration at how well this team has done. To win any league at the rate we have is exceptional. We were on our arse two years ago finishing 6th. I’ll hold my hand up I thought we were gone as a club and certainly as a full time team.  McGlynn has done a remarkable job and I thank him, Paul Smith and the players. I hope everyone enjoys tonight and the remaining 5 games. We all deserve it 💙