The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I was talking to Gary Dean's a few months ago in Glasgow,when I said I was a Falkirk fan he asked if he should hide?

I dont think most of them were bad people but certainly not very good at managing a club like ours. Some were bad people though and it is by group pressure we have turned it round. I wont say who the bad people were as it could come back to bite me .

OUT NOW…

🆕🎙️EP:80 CHAMPIONEES

🏆 Only one topic this week & that was the EPIC weekend we’ve all just had 🍻

We review the 7-1 win over Montrose in the company of Bairns fan Elsa Fantini plus all the pre match chat & post match nonsense from Behind The Wall 🤪

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk
IMG_8609.thumb.jpeg.8e4444eef6263656fa3bcd283df2b9c0.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I dont think most of them were bad people but certainly not very good at managing a club like ours. Some were bad people though and it is by group pressure we have turned it round. I wont say who the bad people were as it could come back to bite me .

How could it come back to bite you. Do you mix in such circles?

Ross MacIver has been my favourite player this season. Not going to win player of the season or that but I really do think he’s underrated. His impact on the team is immense and I really enjoyed and appreciated the video by @BPM. Some of his goals are top class, and I was over the moon that he got his two goals on Saturday after a bit of a dry spell.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW…

🆕🎙️EP:80 CHAMPIONEES

🏆 Only one topic this week & that was the EPIC weekend we’ve all just had 🍻

We review the 7-1 win over Montrose in the company of Bairns fan Elsa Fantini plus all the pre match chat & post match nonsense from Behind The Wall 🤪

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk
IMG_8609.thumb.jpeg.8e4444eef6263656fa3bcd283df2b9c0.jpeg

Best bit of info to come from BTW is Dylan Tait starting f*ck you accies we're gonna win the league and Ola Lawal singing Paul Hartley you're a w*nker. 

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I was talking to Gary Dean's a few months ago in Glasgow,when I said I was a Falkirk fan he asked if he should hide?

Depends whether or not you were driving at the time? 🙂

11 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

In your head, you must have been like "Is that a statement or a question?"

12 hours ago, Aufc said:

Without trying to be too bias, I would think Rhys McCabe would be ahead of mcglynn for the spfl manager of the year 

What for having Airdrie 23 points off top spot .  Dick Campbell achieved more than that with Arbroath a couple of seasons ago. Mccabes done a decent job with your promotion last season but I'd be amazed if anyone saw him as a serious contender. I'd probably only put mcglynn in with a chance if we finish the season unbeaten.

12 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Sorry but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forgive some of this individuals for what they nearly done to our club. Maybe you can. 

For me it wasn't the fact the made an arse of it that wasnt the worst aspect it was the sheet arrogant way they treated the support that really pissed me off. The inchyra night was the classic example.  If they'd held up their hands and said we tried but we've failed and apologised then okay thats one thing but they never at any point acknowledged the fact that they had fecked up and instead tried to belittle and embarrass any individuals that criticised them.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Can't agree more, the arrogance of the BOD at the time was disgraceful. When you make headlines all over Europe on fans forums for the disdain you show to your supporters then you know you're in the wrong job.

FFC fans are no different than most, we simply expect the team and club to operate at a level consistent with the size and finances it has in the league it's in. If we were in England we wouldn't expect to be a Championship side but we do in Scotland, and it's not unrealistic to expect us to be pushing for the Premier League place when you consider that Livingston , Ross County, St f*kin Johnstone etc are in there and have been consistently.

Edited by ChrispPancake

8 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

Can't agree more, the arrogance of the BOD at the time was disgraceful. When you make headlines all over Europe on fans forums for the disdain you show to your supporters then you know you're in the wrong job.

FFC fans are no different than most, we simply expect the team and club to operate at a level consistent with the size and finances it has in the league it's in. If we were in England we wouldn't expect to be a Championship side but we do in Scotland, and it's not unrealistic to expect us to be pushing for the Premier League place when you consider that Livingston , Ross County, St f*kin Johnstone etc are in there and have been consistently.

I still think Falkirk fans can be a wee bit more intense than many others, but that goes both ways, not just the angry stuff. Look at how we’ve stuck by our team not just in terms of numbers and noise, but also funding and even managing the club. 

As sure as eggs is eggs, we’ll see tough times again but at least we’ll own the levers to do something about it. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

What for having Airdrie 23 points off top spot .  Dick Campbell achieved more than that with Arbroath a couple of seasons ago. Mccabes done a decent job with your promotion last season but I'd be amazed if anyone saw him as a serious contender. I'd probably only put mcglynn in with a chance if we finish the season unbeaten.

Lowest budget in the league and sitting 4th (albeit we have dropped down after losing against Ayr but two games in hand). Won the challenge cup. Won league cup group. Reached 5th round in Scottish cup (falkirk got beat by Bonnyrigg in previous round). 

Fair play if you go unbeaten but your budget is significantly larger than almost every team in the league. It is not a huge shock that you are walking the league. 

7 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Lowest budget in the league and sitting 4th (albeit we have dropped down after losing against Ayr but two games in hand). Won the challenge cup. Won league cup group. Reached 5th round in Scottish cup (falkirk got beat by Bonnyrigg in previous round). 

Fair play if you go unbeaten but your budget is significantly larger than almost every team in the league. It is not a huge shock that you are walking the league. 

Lower than Arbroath? Evidence please.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Lower than Arbroath? Evidence please.

Abroath have about 1 million players due to their injury crisis earlier in the season. We actually haven’t really signed many new players

9 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Budget isn't everything. If that were the case then Queen of the South would be 2nd or 3rd in the league. If I recall correctly, their budget is higher than ours, as is Cove's. Can't recall off the top of my head what Hamilton's is.

6 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Budget isn't everything. If that were the case then Queen of the South would be 2nd or 3rd in the league. If I recall correctly, their budget is higher than ours, as is Cove's. Can't recall off the top of my head what Hamilton's is.

I agree but it’s a pretty good indicator of where a team is going to finish hence why everyone was predicting airdrie to finish bottom. To be fair, there is still time to go until end of season and airdrie could still finish 8th

As long as one of the old firm managers don’t win it then I won’t be upset.