The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

McPake hasn't been with us long enough to be considered and nobody else from our team deserves to even come close.  i think Fyvie/Burrell/Wales/Steven are all worthy of consideration based on what i've seen. i'd expect there to be 5 or 6 Falkirk players in the selection at a minimum.

Whilst I appreciate that Burrell goal scoring justifies his consideration I can’t see the rationale for Fyvie given both his injury record & the times I’ve seen him against us. In my opinion he would struggle to make our bench. 

2 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

GK - ?
LB - Mccann
CB - Lang
CB - Donaldson
RB - Tumilty (Purely for the reason that Accies need at least 1 player)
CM - Hendo
CM - Spencer
CAM - Steven from Alloa (Similar stats to Nesbitt but in a lesser team)
RW - Morrison
ST - Burrell
LW - Miller

I get there is a level of political correctness when these teams are selected at the end of the season and they try to be inclusive of the full league but having watched both play in the flesh no way does Burrell get chosen in front of McIver by any sane football manager IMO. In fact it’s hard to see past any of our starting 11 bar the goalkeeper if you were going to be really ruthless about it. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Would like to stress this isn't intended as a criticism (not like those attacking the spelling in newsletters etc lol), but more a bit surprised that the club have only put a singular tweet promoting tickets for Hamilton and it's Thursday evening. I get their focus is on selling out the stadium for Alloa - which it looks like we'll do - but, in my mind anyway, the biggest threat to our unbeaten run is Saturday and the team deserve a large backing, although I totally understand it's been a very expensive month. I also understand that the club will be rightly focussed on maximising their own income. Just thought that they'd have pushed it a little more than they have.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

18 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Whilst I appreciate that Burrell goal scoring justifies his consideration I can’t see the rationale for Fyvie given both his injury record & the times I’ve seen him against us. In my opinion he would struggle to make our bench. 

Fair enough.

When you only see players a couple of times a season its easy to remember the good games they had.

Our probably right on the last point.

53 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I get there is a level of political correctness when these teams are selected at the end of the season and they try to be inclusive of the full league but having watched both play in the flesh no way does Burrell get chosen in front of McIver by any sane football manager IMO. In fact it’s hard to see past any of our starting 11 bar the goalkeeper if you were going to be really ruthless about it. 

I would absolutely have MacIver for us ahead of Burrell but they’re going to be lazy and just look at scoring record so Burrell will get in. 

Unsure why people are against Burrell being in the team of the season? Scoring 20 league goals at any level isn't something to be sniffed at.

Yes, McIver has been integral to how we play, but it's a team of individuals being picked.

2 hours ago, SuperTuesday said:

I'm all for looking after our fans, but there is not a chance the people buying these seats are back next year unless it's to win a league.

What makes you say that? You can't possibly say that with any authority. Thank god the BoD are forward thinking and don't share this narrow viewpoint.

Mind you, it's moot anyways because we *will* be pushing for a title next year 👌

Outside of Burrell and maybe an Accies defender, I think you'd be hard pushed to make a case for any player ahead of a Falkirk one. 3 of the top 4 in the assists table are ours.  Even the unfairly maligned Sam Long is joint top of the clean sheets table despite only playing half a season.

As by far and away the highest scoring striker in the league, Burrell will quite rightly be in the team of the year.

Every other position should probably be Falkirk players, but as others have said, doubt they'll do that in an attempt at balance.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Would like to stress this isn't intended as a criticism (not like those attacking the spelling in newsletters etc lol), but more a bit surprised that the club have only put a singular tweet promoting tickets for Hamilton and it's Thursday evening. I get their focus is on selling out the stadium for Alloa - which it looks like we'll do - but, in my mind anyway, the biggest threat to our unbeaten run is Saturday and the team deserve a large backing, although I totally understand it's been a very expensive month. I also understand that the club will be rightly focussed on maximising their own income. Just thought that they'd have pushed it a little more than they have.

In the recent past I've always advocated for keeping the Navy Blue Pound in Falkirk to help support the club etc. so I am probably being a bit of a hypocrite here in that for this game I agree with you. One last huge backing away from home could help to get us that point to keep our unbeaten run going. In all the pre and post match interviews the manager and players always say how much the fans' support means to them.

37 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

What makes you say that? You can't possibly say that with any authority. Thank god the BoD are forward thinking and don't share this narrow viewpoint.

Mind you, it's moot anyways because we *will* be pushing for a title next year 👌

What makes me say that?

It's a 45% increase for one game, sure some may come back, but if they had any real interest they would have bought a ticket by now, it's day trippers by and large.

And the board will realise this as well and take what money it brings gladly.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Totally agree with you.

Anybody go along to the stadium this afternoon for the Scotland u16 girls v Switzerland friendly? 

I knew nothing about it until my partner phoned me at work to say she was at the game with our son who only found out about it when he was having lunch in the restaurant. I went along after finishing work and caught the last half hour or so. 

There's another friendly between them on Sunday afternoon but it's great to see our stadium being used for international football again.

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Segregation inside is at the half way mark. I think 4 sections would be our max for using 2 turnstiles & only one set of toilets/catering. 

I'm pretty sure when we won the league against Ross County in 2005 they only had a single section at the end and the rest of the stand was for Falkirk fans.

We've had plenty occasions in the past with of a couple hundred fans sharing the facilities in the main stand so I don't see a reason not to to do it against Alloa in the North stand if we have demand to sell those seats.

For the team of the year it depends on formation surely?

We are considering one striker but if it's based on 4-4-2 it will be burrell and Morrison up top as the leagues highest scorers and then a selection from Falkirk mostly you would think but each team will have at least 1 player that's been crucial for them that they would advocate for. 

Question for you, I've been taking my Grandson & his cousin (8 & 7) to the games this season,

If I get a season ticket I understand I can get an under 12 for free but would I be allowed a 2nd at the same time?

Don't mind if I have to pay a bit extra if that's the case, both of them have been buzzing following the team.

Edited by DennyYaBass
Spelling