The Falkirk FC Thread

When the academy was relaunched, there were a fair number of online doubters on here who went out of their way to criticise. The worst ones were doing it just because they opposed everything the old board did, but they weren't the only ones. There were all sorts of allegations about recruitment and the standards of players being no better than Sunday league. 

I disagreed, because I was watching the boys most weeks and saw some really good footballers. 

One of them was this lad, whom I've heard nothing but good things about since we loaned him out to the Shire. He scored the first Falkirk goal in the first new academy game and is the only one left of that team who's still involved at the club. As a winger, he's got a hell of a job to dislodge Morrison, Miller, Agyeman & maybe Ross next season, but at least he's doing well at the level he's currently at. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off subject, and borrowed 🙄 from FB, taking the knee (Simon style)

IMG_6212.thumb.jpeg.62e3b38f932e5ab203b450f59953f4fb.jpeg

I remember this well! Didn't he then flick the ball over a Hamilton player almost straight after kneeling on it? 

3 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

I hope Philippe Clement's embarrassing lack of class today up in Dingwall will count against him in the race for manager of the year, it has to be McGlynn

Clement won’t win it. 2nd in the league and a league cup is nothing special.

Don’t think Rodgers deserves to win it either tbh. I genuinely think I could win the league as Celtic manager therefore him winning it this year isn’t really anything special.

If McGlynn gets an invincible season he’s got to win it. Got to - that’s not something that happens very often out with the bigot brothers.

24 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When the academy was relaunched, there were a fair number of online doubters on here who went out of their way to criticise. The worst ones were doing it just because they opposed everything the old board did, but they weren't the only ones. There were all sorts of allegations about recruitment and the standards of players being no better than Sunday league. 

I disagreed, because I was watching the boys most weeks and saw some really good footballers. 

One of them was this lad, whom I've heard nothing but good things about since we loaned him out to the Shire. He scored the first Falkirk goal in the first new academy game and is the only one left of that team who's still involved at the club. As a winger, he's got a hell of a job to dislodge Morrison, Miller, Agyeman & maybe Ross next season, but at least he's doing well at the level he's currently at. 

Nice but - ooft, that keeper!

40 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe his former team mate Luke Rankine scored 4 in the same match v Celtic "B".

37 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I believe his former team mate Luke Rankine scored 4 in the same match v Celtic "B".

Yep, Luke is a very good player in my eyes. He scored goals for fun in the couple of years I saw him and was probably unlucky that his birth date meant that when he was too old to play another season at U18 level there was nothing else for him at FFC. Nowadays we have modern apprenticeships but the money for those only became available after he had to leave. I think he's at Alloa now and on loan to the Shire. 

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is the best team spirit since 'Prime Houstie' and Falkirks never say die patented late goal habit.

Credit to those on and off the park. Hamilton as their results prove are a decent team but they were 2nd to Falkirk in every department.

The comings and goings in the closed season will be interesting.

Can't see us getting Tait as his displays as Hibs intended were to prove himself as a Hibs first team player or the shop window to get a transfer fee.

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Doesn’t help that we’ve nearly had exclusive BBC Alba Football TV rights, with Tait and the team playing some great stuff. If Montgomery somehow survives the usual summer cull, wouldn’t be surprised to see the bottom five in the top league, all chasing Tait.

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Hibs have got loads of players in his position, that said Montgomery's coat is on a bit of a shoogly peg, if he gets his jotters it'll be a clean slate for everyone. I think our only hope of getting Tait is another loan. 

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

Im not convinced there will be a clamour for Tait. He has had more failures than successes whilst out on loan and I believe a lot of clubs will look at his form as him playing in a very good team where things are going well. 

I’m not saying we’re guaranteed to get him but I don’t think there will be many better teams than us after him in the summer

I think that after his experience at Hamilton that Tait will appreciate more than anyone the benefits of playing for someone that you respect and playing in a team that plays good football and with people that you like. While I don't think that we will get him signed up as one of our own players I do think that we will be favourites to get him on loan again. 

46 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think that after his experience at Hamilton that Tait will appreciate more than anyone the benefits of playing for someone that you respect and playing in a team that plays good football and with people that you like. While I don't think that we will get him signed up as one of our own players I do think that we will be favourites to get him on loan again. 

He is out of contract in summer 2025, I'm pretty sure. If we can get him back on loan again, next season then who knows? We could be pushing for the premiership next season, which will make a permanent move all the more appealing. I can't see him signing a new deal at Hibs unless they have plans for him to break into the first team. If that's the case then fair enough and good luck to the lad, because he's been class for us.

Or Hibs could look to sell him this summer.

Edited by Raybowski89

14 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

It won’t sadly, even if we go invincible the manager of the season award will go to clement or Rodgers (whichever one wins the premiership) because they manage the old firm and they won the “best league in Scotland” 

If anyone is going to win it, it should be Robinson, Docherty, mcinness, McCabe, mcglynn or naysmith (stenhousemuirs version) neither one of the old firm bosses should win it imo

If either of the old firm win the Scottish Cup aswell as the league title I think it's pretty much a stick on it'll be Clement or Rodgers. That said if Naismith or Leven win the cup it should put them in the running too. Hard to argue with the names mentioned, any one of them has a case. 

342 tickets left for the North Stand now, around 6,600 in total sold 

Obviously we've already surpassed our highest home gate, but not many total attendances left to top now since we moved to the new stadium:

7,926 vs Dundee Utd 16/17
7,851 vs Hibs 15/16
7,804 vs Sevco 15/16
7,735 vs Hearts 14/15

7,672 vs Hibs 14/15
7,636 vs Kilmarnock 15/16
7,492 vs Sevco 14/15
7,488 vs Sevco 15/16

7,279 vs Dunfermline 22/23
7,081 vs Hibs 15/16
7,049 vs Kilmarnock 09/10
7,003 vs Hearts 14/15
6,947 vs Dunfermline 10/11
6,927 vs Sevco 14/15

Should be able to get by a few more of these I reckon. I've highlighted the games in red where the opposition were given the increased 3,400 allocation 

For reference we had 7,300 for the last ever game at Brockville and trophy day vs Inverness in 02/03, though I believe that was sold out.

Screenshot2024-04-15at10_18_52.thumb.png.5f04f9e8484683fd55837d2a0d0b33a8.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

342 tickets left for the North Stand now, around 6,600 in total sold 

Obviously we've already surpassed our highest home gate, but not many total attendances left to top now since we moved to the new stadium:

7,926 vs Dundee Utd 16/17
7,851 vs Hibs 15/16
7,804 vs Sevco 15/16
7,735 vs Hearts 14/15

7,672 vs Hibs 14/15
7,636 vs Kilmarnock 15/16
7,492 vs Sevco 14/15
7,488 vs Sevco 15/16

7,279 vs Dunfermline 22/23
7,081 vs Hibs 15/16
7,003 vs Hearts 714/15
6,947 vs Dunfermline 10/11
6,927 vs Sevco 14/15

Should be able to get by a few more of these I reckon. I've highlighted the games in red where the opposition were given the increased 3,400 allocation 

For reference we had 7,300 for the last ever game at Brockville and trophy day vs Inverness in 02/03 

Screenshot2024-04-15at10_18_52.thumb.png.5f04f9e8484683fd55837d2a0d0b33a8.png

Great work 🙌

Wonder if it’s time for the Gazebos again……🤔

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Great work 🙌

we saw them first hand on Saturday, the Accies bought them. i was in them once, a lot of fun but a crap view lol

24 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Great work 🙌

I doubt it unfortunately.

I'm sure we had to fill them something like 3 times to break even on the rent which is why we've only ever had them in the top league

Nothing stopping us having a couple of hundred punters standing along the barrier at the east side though if the demand is there. 

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:82 DYLAN TAIT’S A CHAMPION

🔵 Review the 2-0 win over Hamilton Accies with guest pundit Dougy Blakeley 🏆
⚪️ @FalkirkWomen_ promoted! 🍾 
🔵 Will Vaulks special out Thurs 18th April! 🤸🏻‍♂️
⚪️ All the latest FFC news - Awards, Walk to the stadium, Season Tickets & Competition news 👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8958.thumb.jpeg.909458f597bd09546277a2f8108025cd.jpeg

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:82 DYLAN TAIT’S A CHAMPION

🔵 Review the 2-0 win over Hamilton Accies with guest pundit Dougy Blakeley 🏆
⚪️ @FalkirkWomen_ promoted! 🍾 
🔵 Will Vaulks special out Thurs 18th April! 🤸🏻‍♂️
⚪️ All the latest FFC news - Awards, Walk to the stadium, Season Tickets & Competition news 👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8958.thumb.jpeg.909458f597bd09546277a2f8108025cd.jpeg

I get where John is coming from RE the constant asking for funds by the club. I don't have any issue with it, but a bit more transparency on how much of a difference it's making (the club mentioned Tait was only possible due to this. More of this please) would be really appreciated.

17 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I get where John is coming from RE the constant asking for funds by the club. I don't have any issue with it, but a bit more transparency on how much of a difference it's making (the club mentioned Tait was only possible due to this. More of this please) would be really appreciated.

Our season ticket prices are very cheap by comparison so a voluntary donation over and above the base line price is a good option IMO, those who can’t don’t have to but those who can have a way they can directly help improve the calibre of player John Mcglynn will be able to sign over the summer.  If fans own the club then fans fund the club, we are only going to get as good as we pay for and the money that’s supplemented the playing budget has quite obviously been spent wisely so far. More of the same please. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.