The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is the point though. It was a bad decision and he was punished for it. If we stop red cards then players will no longer have to think about making those decisions and going in for a tackle will not seem a risk anymore. More players will be injured as a result. Knowing that you can get a red card for a poor decision forces players to make an attempt to think. They won't get it right every time but just because it was accidental it doesn't mean you can get away with endangering others on the park. 

I am not arguing with that. My point is that looking back at the incident a number of times whatever decision Donaldson made he was going to cause the team a problem. The only thing he probably could have done was to pull out and let the lad through but that possibly leads to a goal. These decisions are made in a split second. That is why I think he is really unlucky. 

It was definitely unfortunate and Coll was doing his best for the team. Very harsh decision but sadly the only one the ref could make due to the high boot. Coll is not a dirty player like some we have seen which makes it appear a lot more difficult to accept

Edited by Bigbrbairn

24 minutes ago, BPM said:

I am not arguing with that. My point is that looking back at the incident a number of times whatever decision Donaldson made he was going to cause the team a problem. The only thing he probably could have done was to pull out and let the lad through but that possibly leads to a goal. These decisions are made in a split second. That is why I think he is really unlucky. 

Yeah that is fair, in that sense it was unlucky and he made the decision to clear and take the risk of it being a bad tackle. 

OUT TOMORROW…

🆕🎙️EP:84 TWO TO GO

🔵 Review the hard fought 2-2 draw v Kelty Hearts with guest pundits Malcolm McFeat & Leila 🤎
⚪️ Fans outstanding 🥁🎶
🔵 Awards chat 🏆
⚪️ Subbuteo print competition winner announced 👏🏻 &
🔵 Annan Athletic (A) Preview 🚌

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

Sponsored by Lava Cup Tournament & Falkirk FFIT T8’s

IMG_9094.thumb.jpeg.3da00e37af9bd793238c257154fa9ee8.jpeg

1 hour ago, BPM said:

He'd have been better from his point of view simply clattering into bavidge and clearing him out with his body.  Probably a yellow card at worse. He doesn't come over as that type of player though. If there's a ball to be won he'd rather do that but his decision to play the ball rather than the man unfortunately cost him on this occasion.

Some of the absolute leaps in logic over the past couple of pages man 🤷‍♂️

Our player is about three inches from nearly decapitating someone and folk are giving it the ol' "man's game" and "back in the day they'd have settled that with a firm handshake" nonsense. It's as clear a red card as you're ever going to see and it remains so regardless of whether there was intent or not.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

U16's beat Stirling 3-0 and the U18's followed suit winning 3-1.

Dominated the ball and had plenty of chances to win more convincingly in each of the games.

Was a lad called Cameron McNab playing in either game?

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

Some of the absolute leaps in logic over the past couple of pages man 🤷‍♂️

Our player is about three inches from nearly decapitating someone and folk are giving it the ol' "man's game" and "back in the day they'd have settled that with a firm handshake" nonsense. It's as clear a red card as you're ever going to see and it remains so regardless of whether there was intent or not.

Agreed. The "he's unlucky" and "not sure what he's meant to do in that situation" takes are wild. I dont doubt there was no malice in it, something Tidser said in his after match interview but Coll catches Bavidge full in the chest with his studs, the other way around and we're screaming for a red card. The "he got the ball first" argument is irrelevant and the fact the club aren't appealing it says it all to me. 

Edited by FK1Bairn

100 tickets left for the North Stand (Alloa game). So looks like 7,000 home fans and over 7,000 if you include away fans.

This will sell out, probably by this coming weekend (unless another block is opened up). I can't see Alloa selling tickets yet so maybe we are holding back to see what is needed for home fans?

Still selling at an impressive 20-30 seats a day with just under 2 weeks to go. I can see another few reasons for an influx of sales - we don't lose to Annan, so the Invincibles for the season is on the hook for that day , end of the month pay day, folks who are unsure if they can make it at the moment being able to make it.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes. He's a centre half with the U18s. 

I used to teach him. He's a good lad. He was on the bench for a game against Edinburgh (I think?) a few months ago. I've been trying to keep an eye out for him.

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Always remember , best outstanding team as you are without question - the proverb " Pride before a fall"

Come on  the Annan !

I don't think any of us are taking anything for granted. For me on Saturday I was the most nervous I can remember being at a game for many, many years.

20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I used to teach him. He's a good lad. He was on the bench for a game against Edinburgh (I think?) a few months ago. I've been trying to keep an eye out for him.

He and Liam Carmichael are the two centre-halves for that team and are both young enough to still play for the team next season. He's a big lad (I think he's taller than Logan Sinclair) so he'll have a chance of making it. As I said earlier, I'm really curious to see who gets apprenticeships this summer. 

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He and Liam Carmichael are the two centre-halves for that team and are both young enough to still play for the team next season. He's a big lad (I think he's taller than Logan Sinclair) so he'll have a chance of making it. As I said earlier, I'm really curious to see who gets apprenticeships this summer. 

What's the situation with the current apprentices? They will return from their loans this summer but how long does the apprenticeship last for? I presume there is a time when a final decision has to be made regarding signing them for going forward. 

31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I don't think any of us are taking anything for granted. For me on Saturday I was the most nervous I can remember being at a game for many, many years.

Absolutely bang on. Theres no one taking anything for granted, and if truth be told, apart from the pissed in the hospitality, 4500 odd fans were waiting nervously on that final whistle. 

Annan have been on a great run and we won’t get it easy next week. We will need to work hard and keep our shape. Happy to take a point tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What's the situation with the current apprentices? They will return from their loans this summer but how long does the apprenticeship last for? I presume there is a time when a final decision has to be made regarding signing them for going forward. 

Don't answer him Bainsford, he'll argue for 5 pages of why that's the wrong period of time for them.

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Absolutely bang on. Theres no one taking anything for granted, and if truth be told, apart from the pissed in the hospitality, 4500 odd fans were waiting nervously on that final whistle. 

Annan have been on a great run and we won’t get it easy next week. We will need to work hard and keep our shape. Happy to take a point tbh. 

I was saying on Saturday as well I think that *if* we go unbeaten this season it's a far, far greater achievement than when New Rangers did it ten years ago at the same level.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This. We will have other chances to win league titles in the future but we will NEVER get another chance of an invincibles season, this is potentially a once in a lifetime event. While watching the game on Falkirk TV on Saturday night I was pacing up and down that much that I wore a hole in the living room ceramic tiles. My downstairs neighbour was fuming.