The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ve used Greaves since they’ve came together with club, and it’s easier geographically. Happy to get to get the limited top with no fuss. However think it’s better to be registered with account. Also think the club missed a trick on the amount sold, going by a few FB pics of the amount queueing at shop. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Also think the club missed a trick on the amount sold, going by a few FB pics of the amount queueing at shop. 

I'm guessing here, but it might have been a way of getting rid of the remaining stock left over at the end of the season.

Whether more could have been made would I suppose depend on lead times and minimum order numbers. It might not have been feasible bearing in mind that we'll be releasing new kits shortly, probably around the time the team return for preseason training in June. 

It was initially pencilled into be 150 before they upped it to 300 if I remember correctly. Suppose the whole concept of “limited edition”, manufactured scarcity etc is that some folk will miss out. Not a big deal for me as I was never going to get one, but I do think only 100 online when we have a big support not all living in Falkirk is a bit unfair, so understand why some folk are a bit put out.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm guessing here, but it might have been a way of getting rid of the remaining stock left over at the end of the season.

Whether more could have been made would I suppose depend on lead times and minimum order numbers. It might not have been feasible bearing in mind that we'll be releasing new kits shortly, probably around the time the team return for preseason training in June. 

Isn’t a completely different top though with a bespoke embroidered badge etc?

8 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Isn’t a completely different top though with a bespoke embroidered badge etc?

No. There are some embellishments to the badge but it's just the regular home top from what I can see.

Edited by Blame Me

30 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

I was in the club shop at 11 o'clock and they had approximately 20 tops left so might be worth a call or a visit if you live locally to see if there are any still remaining.  

Available sizes: XS or XXXXL

My choice would be to play McGinn at the back however not as a flat 4. Ask Mackie to sweep behind and simply just have Yeats and McCann playing a little narrower to kill any space in between.

Harms us a little going forward we should have enough without the need to over commit.

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

My choice would be to play McGinn at the back however not as a flat 4. Ask Mackie to sweep behind and simply just have Yeats and McCann playing a little narrower to kill any space in between.

Harms us a little going forward we should have enough without the need to over commit.

I would be very reluctant to change the formation.

Hard to argue that's been a stellar season from the Bairns, guided by the steady hand of John McGlynn.  Got me thinking back to Queens similarly stellar season in the 3rd tier back in 2012/13 ...

P W D L F A GD Pts
2012/13 QOS 36 29 5 2 92 23 69 92
2023/14 Falkirk 35 27 8 0 94 26 68 89

So the Bairns are on course to equal our points tally and probably beat the GD figure too as well as probably being invincible for the season.  Not a huge gap between the two club performances between those two seasons though.  I'm not sure what the overall record finish is for the 3rd tier.

Not sure how the goals have been spread throughout the Bairns team but that season Queens had Nicky Clark on red hot form scoring 33 I think in the league and 41 across all competitions ... we also beat Thistle to lift the Diddy Cup in extra time mayhem at a sold-out Almondvale.  Changed times for Queens ...

11 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Hard to argue that's been a stellar season from the Bairns, guided by the steady hand of John McGlynn.  Got me thinking back to Queens similarly stellar season in the 3rd tier back in 2012/13 ...

P W D L F A GD Pts

So the Bairns are on course to equal our points tally and probably beat the GD figure too as well as probably being invincible for the season.  Not a huge gap between the two club performances between those two seasons though.  I'm not sure what the overall record finish is for the 3rd tier.

Not sure how the goals have been spread throughout the Bairns team but that season Queens had Nicky Clark on red hot form scoring 33 I think in the league and 41 across all competitions ... we also beat Thistle to lift the Diddy Cup in extra time mayhem at a sold-out Almondvale.  Changed times for Queens ...

Best is surely Rangers 13/14 (102pts, +88GD, W33 D3 L0). Clearly a much bigger achievement from ourselves and Queens to reach those tallies without the 8-figure wagebill though. 

6 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Best is surely Rangers 13/14 (102pts, +88GD, W33 D3 L0). Clearly a much bigger achievement from ourselves and Queens to reach those tallies without the 8-figure wagebill though. 

Aye, had to be them, and as you rightly point out it's not really a like-for-like comparison given their massive degree of over-entitlement relative to their opponents.

Edited by Otis Blue

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:85 INVINCIBILITY…PENDING

🔵 Review the 3-3 draw v Annan with guest pundits @SeanElderbrant & @josh_heggie of Falkirk TV 🎤
⚪️ Catch up with @FalkirkFC Directors Gordon Wright and Keith Gourlay👨‍💼
🔵 Preview Alloa Athletic (H) 🐝
⚪️ Recognition Night chat 🏆
🔵 AND we shortlist who is on for the Falkirk Daft Player & Goal of the season 👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9184.thumb.jpeg.df3e50f7f567e97078523f9c0259c245.jpeg

My good lady managed to secure me the new top online. I had considered going and queuing after my Nightshift. However I decided against that being somewhat gubbed this morning.

Really chuffed to get it. Hopefully it arrives in time. It will be worn once and then framed for my man cave!

The wife took great pleasure in informing me that I have blown a fortune on tops this season.

Training top, Zip warm up top, away top and The Blazer homes white top for the laddie.

Away top for my lassie

Heritage top and now Champions top for me!

Seems perfectly reasonable to me! Got to be said tho O'Neills gear has been different class this season. Really impressed with all of it! Good to see the club gaining out this new deal! Bring on Saturday!

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

P W D L F A GD Pts

As a Queens fan I don't want to put a downer on our 2012/13 achievement but,  iirc we were the only FT team in the division and I would say the part time teams weren't as strong as nowadays.  Also iirc we dropped points at Albion Rovers when the title was clinched as the players were more concerned with trying to set up chances for Nicky Clark to reach top scorer rather than concentrating on winning the game. Apart from a poor Queens team the division is stronger this season. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As a Queens fan I don't want to put a downer on our 2012/13 achievement but,  iirc we were the only FT team in the division and I would say the part time teams weren't as strong as nowadays.  Also iirc we dropped points at Albion Rovers when the title was clinched as the players were more concerned with trying to set up chances for Nicky Clark to reach top scorer rather than concentrating on winning the game. Apart from a poor Queens team the division is stronger this season. 

I was just about to post this. Looking at what you beat it certainly is not as strong as the league we have just won, saying that 92 points is terrific. 

IMG_7740.jpeg