The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Only 88 tickets left for Saturday.

Still flying out. At this rate they could be sold out by tomorrow. Especially when the club twitter/marketing comes back on stream tomorrow to promote the last few tickets.

You need to change your username to ‘The Flight Attendant’, I’ve never seen someone count seats as much.

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

You need to change your username to ‘The Flight Attendant’, I’ve never seen someone count seats as much.

You're not wrong. Its the statto in me. I need help.

Seriously though, very interested in this one as largest ever home attendance at the stadium.

5 hours ago, Blame Me said:

No. There are some embellishments to the badge but it's just the regular home top from what I can see.

On the Greaves site it’s got the gold champions badge embroidered on it and the O’Neills embroidery is golden as well.

Just now, Hughsie said:

On the Greaves site it’s got the gold champions badge embroidered on it and the O’Neills embroidery is golden as well.

Those would be the "embellishments" I am referring to - along with the serial number. The top is the same one without those changes.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Those would be the "embellishments" I am referring to - along with the serial number. The top is the same one without those changes.

I get that it’s the same top but BB suggested that the ‘champions’ tops were possibly just a way of clearing older stock but they’ve got bespoke embroidery on them.

Looking forward beyond Saturday wondering if anyone has any rumours on signings?

I recall a few tasters in recent weeks re Fulton & Martin from Accies & Oakley from Morton but not seen any others from memory 

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Looking forward beyond Saturday wondering if anyone has any rumours on signings?

I recall a few tasters in recent weeks re Fulton & Martin from Accies & Oakley from Morton but not seen any others from memory 

Mick McKenna from Arbroath was mentioned

Scott Burns in the Daily Ranger on X was reporting we were in for Stevie Mallan from Salford, but given he'll be on a hefty wage I don't see that being a goer unless he's desperate to get back up the road and you'd imagine he'll have other suitors. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Scott Burns in the Daily Ranger on X was reporting we were in for Stevie Mallan from Salford, but given he'll be on a hefty wage I don't see that being a goer unless he's desperate to get back up the road and you'd imagine he'll have other suitors. 

Can’t see it either but Burns is one of those few decent journalists left who are usually on the money. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Can’t see it either but Burns is one of those few decent journalists left who are usually on the money. 

I'd much rather have Tait if it was a possibility tbh. 

10 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

According to Salary Sport website, Malian is on a basic wage of £2.6k per week…….and Dylan Tait a basic £1.4k. 

Edited by HonestAl

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As a Queens fan I don't want to put a downer on our 2012/13 achievement but,  iirc we were the only FT team in the division and I would say the part time teams weren't as strong as nowadays.  Also iirc we dropped points at Albion Rovers when the title was clinched as the players were more concerned with trying to set up chances for Nicky Clark to reach top scorer rather than concentrating on winning the game. Apart from a poor Queens team the division is stronger this season. 

True, but you can only play what's put in front of you. Regardless, that was a seriously good Queens side that season who were clearly too good for the opposition ... and without any failures in the side we also had a standout in the so sadly missed Chris Mitchell in absolutely majestic form at full back who made the game look so easy ... a strong connection to the Bairns of course ... RIP Chris.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

What we will need to guard against whilst speculating about possible signings is other teams coming in for our players. It won't have gone unnoticed after this season sometimes you are victims of your own success. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

What we will need to guard against whilst speculating about possible signings is other teams coming in for our players. It won't have gone unnoticed after this season sometimes you are victims of your own success. 

I agree but isn’t this the nature of football………swings & roundabouts & all that.

Interesting few weeks coming up. Saturday will be brilliant regardless. As posted can’t wait to see who’s coming in, Tait if we can somehow work on a deal would be a great signing. Would love to see guys like Miller extending and Yates would be great if we can get signed. Last couple of games serves a warning on the depth of pool (defensively) sure/would expect that M&S are already on it. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Interesting few weeks coming up. Saturday will be brilliant regardless. As posted can’t wait to see who’s coming in, Tait if we can somehow work on a deal would be a great signing. Would love to see guys like Miller extending and Yates would be great if we can get signed. Last couple of games serves a warning on the depth of pool (defensively) sure/would expect that M&S are already on it. 

Hopefully we can bring someone in to take brad McKay's slot in our squad at CB.  It's been kind of telling when you have to play a LB in Mackie (although he has done very well) and a player who's been in midfield most of the season that we are 1 short