The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, BPM said:

The problem is not artificial surfaces it is really bad ones. Why couldn’t the SPFL do a deal with a manufacturer that is best of class, bring down the unit cost and probably make something centrally too? 
The pitches at Airdire, Palmerston and ours are superb. Compare those to Jan/Feb/March early April grass pitches like Dundee, Dingwall, Perth and even Parkhead and they are miles better

Well yeah, any thought or nuance is being overriden which speaks directly to motive. They don’t care so it’s a protectionist measure (for the Wee 10) and just another dull thud from the OF to rot the game beneath them. 

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Straight to a vote? No debate, no discussion, no informed decision making?

They’ll push it through and we’ll be fk’d, just as BPM says. Though I hope the alt-proposal gets some traction. Just shows the urgency of a Regulator for the game. And if we as a club do get into a position of power, we can’t flip and go all self-interest. We need to build a coalition of clubs prepared to at least fight for change, even if it takes generations. They *never* get anything right. 

Absolutely. We've been outside of the premiership long enough to see the greed and self preservation attitude is as bad now as it's ever been. Vital if and when we do get back up that we actually try and implement positive change for Scottish football. Whether that is down to the redistribution of prize money down the lower leagues or even something as small as correcting the ridiculous play off format would be brilliant to try and do. 

Posted (edited)

As a fan owned club would there be any traction in contacting other fan owned clubs like Hearts, St. Mirren and Motherwell to set up dialogue and to highlight how absurd their position would be if they support this vote? Might be talking out my arse here, as usual.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 minute ago, Diamond1924 said:

I don’t think the inevitable ban on plastic pitches in the top flight will concern you lot just yet. Simmer bairns 

Siri, illustrate self interest in one statement please.

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately it’s going to happen. You can play a Champions League semi final on one but not St Mirren v Motherwell etc. Our pitch is approaching the end but I believe the cost of going back to grass is more than replacing the artificial surface. Not to mention the additional staff costs, costs of hiring a training facility and the loss of income from hiring out the pitch to the community. It’s going to be a big blow to us.

Edited by Enigma

3 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I don’t think the inevitable ban on plastic pitches in the top flight will concern you lot just yet. Simmer bairns 

Everyone: having a sensible conversation about how this development will affect all clubs outside the premiership that rely on artificial pitches financially. Basing this on evidence from the Lancet journal and from personal experience of the 10,000 seat rule which also affected Airdrie.

Airdrie fan: BuT YOu WoN'T GEt PrOmoTEd. 

Just now, Enigma said:

Unfortunately it’s going to happen. Can play a champions league semi final on one but not St Mirren v Motherwell etc. Our pitch is approaching the end but I believe the cost of going back to grass is more than replacing the artificial surface. Not to mention the additional staff costs, hiring a training facility and the loss of income from hiring out the pitch to the community. It’s going to be a big blow to us.

It's actually staggering. I have seen a world of idiocy from our fearless leaders, but this just about tops the lot.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

As a fan owned club would there be any traction in contacting other fan owned clubs like Hearts, St. Mirren and Motherwell to set up dialogue and to highlight how absurd their position would be if they support this vote? Might be talking out my arse here, as usual.

With respect Turkeys don’t vote for Xmas. The Mids & Wells would talk the job. At the end of the day which of the bottom four/five clubs are going to seriously give anyone from the championship any support ? And go against the arse cheeks - not a hope in hell. The recent posting of the distribution of prize money confirms not one club is going to say boo until the two arse cheeks leave the Scottish leagues. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's actually staggering. I have seen a world of idiocy from our fearless leaders, but this just about tops the lot.

The argument trotted out is that the Dutch have a similar rule. What’s conveniently not mentioned is they have a system to financially support teams having to return to a grass pitch.

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

They’ll push it through and we’ll be fk’d, just as BPM says. Though I hope the alt-proposal gets some traction. Just shows the urgency of a Regulator for the game. And if we as a club do get into a position of power, we can’t flip and go all self-interest. We need to build a coalition of clubs prepared to at least fight for change, even if it takes generations. They *never* get anything right. 

Celtic's Colt team play their home games on astroturf at Airdrie & the first team just pumped killie 5-0 in a meaningless end of season game. i doubt it's got anything to do with them tbh

4 hours ago, BPM said:

This problem has come about because of clubs installing inferior synthetic surfaces. Livingston ...

According to Livingston peeps the only difference between ours and theirs is the choice of colour for the crumb 🤷‍♂️

Similarly I thought Airdrie's was rubbish when it got relaid not long ago and is apparently the same as ours.

As we know, there is no factual basis for or against them other than snobbery.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

This vote is only going one way. If we want top flight football within two seasons, a grass pitch will be required. 

It won't be a true grass pitch though as the Old Firm and Hearts use hybrid as does other leagues.

How dearer is a Hybrid compared to a Synthetic pitch.

Anybody know?