The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye but that's still nowhere near the advantage of having started the season off with over a million quid more in the pocket prize money wise over the championship club. That makes it such an unlevel playing field that it's amazing any championship side has ever gone up via the playoffs 

Never mind the upkeep of the pitch the cost to either build or hire training facilities is huge and frankly unfeasible for the vast majority of clubs outside the top flight.  I've seen the fact that junior sides can provide perfectly good grass pitches being used as evidence against artificial but then they don't have to train on these pitches 5 days a week aswell as playing every other Saturday. You simply cannot do that and keep a grass pitch in good condition. Not only would we have the cost of installing a new pitch and maintaining it we would also have this as an extra burden . I seem to remember the cost to use Stirling for training was astronomical.  Kilmarnock are only able to move to grass from 25/26 because Billy Bowie is financing the building of a brand new training complex for them at the end of the day.

Surely we would use the community pitch for training.

18 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Not sure if we have primary use of that pitch, I think the foundation more or less dictate when we are allowed to use it. 

That would be a severe case of the tail wagging the dog.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That would be a severe case of the tail wagging the dog.

Sounds like there may be a few examples of this recently, the club may need to re-evaluate its relationship with the foundation. I don’t get the impression they have been particularly co-operative of late. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Fed up with the disingenuous discourse I've seen in reply to our statement -

If you believe the bunkum of some other clubs fans it is absolutely outrageous that Raith lost last night considering the advantage their artificial pitch gives them!

They'll also seem miffed by Livingston's exceptional home form on plastic which - checks notes - saw them win 4 times in the league 😒 - They've made full use of the massive advantage it gave them over St. Johnstone. The Perth team, who managed the same number of wins on their grass pitch must have provided more excitement scoring 3 additional goals at home while scoring 3 less away on other teams grass pitches - those games on grass must've been fantastic as we're told their horrific on any other surface 🙄

The more you rationalise the differences the more irrational this entire vote is 🤬

If we ever somehow manage to get into the Premiership, even if it means that we have had to rip up our pitch and installed a grass one to get there, the first thing that we should do as a member of the "elite" is to call for a vote to scrap all of this protectionist crap.

We must always be on the right side of history going forward, fighting for every club.

Not so much The Invincibles but more The Incredibles!

Blue Suit Incredibles by Locopoton1 on DeviantArt

14 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I thought those days were gone and 'Uncle Roy' had stopped pissing money up a wall.

Roy McGregor is nobodies mug as shown by the advertising hoardings around the Dingwall Pitch from the suppliers to McGregor Supplies. You can be sure they are paying top dollar and such gestures do not go unappreciated.

There will be legacy funding in place to ensure the clubs security when the time comes for him to depart.

Didn’t watch the full game but from I seen Ross C looked the better team. Although RR got a lifeline with the late goal. If we do earn the golden ticket, think we’d need to have a more physical presence. 

15 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I thought those days were gone and 'Uncle Roy' had stopped pissing money up a wall.

Nah. They’ve had 3 managers and a million players again this season. He definitely hasn’t stopped flinging cash at it.

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Fed up with the disingenuous discourse I've seen in reply to our statement -

If you believe the bunkum of some other clubs fans it is absolutely outrageous that Raith lost last night considering the advantage their artificial pitch gives them!

They'll also seem miffed by Livingston's exceptional home form on plastic which - checks notes - saw them win 4 times in the league 😒 - They've made full use of the massive advantage it gave them over St. Johnstone. The Perth team, who managed the same number of wins on their grass pitch must have provided more excitement scoring 3 additional goals at home while scoring 3 less away on other teams grass pitches - those games on grass must've been fantastic as we're told their horrific on any other surface 🙄

The more you rationalise the differences the more irrational this entire vote is 🤬

With all that rain, I wonder if that game last night would have been on if it wasn't artificial turf, hmm.

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t watch the full game but from I seen Ross C looked the better team. Although RR got a lifeline with the late goal. If we do earn the golden ticket, think we’d need to have a more physical presence. 

Watched this match. Reminded me of our ties with Kilmarnock at the same stage a few seasons ago.

Men v Boys. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head on the physical presence aspect as this looks quite a step up from League One.

Strange tactics by Ian Murray in that Raith tried to match Ross County lb for lb and Jack Hamilton cut a lone figure against not one but two man-mountains at centre back, until replaced with 20 odd minutes left. Things improved with the introduction of Easton and Mullin and Raith played some nice fast football on an accommodating pitch (!).

Raith are not out of it, but need to be able to replicate that last 20 minutes for most of Sundays’s return fixture. Depends on ground conditions I suppose…..

8 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Watched this match. Reminded me of our ties with Kilmarnock at the same stage a few seasons ago.

Men v Boys. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head on the physical presence aspect as this looks quite a step up from League One.

Strange tactics by Ian Murray in that Raith tried to match Ross County lb for lb and Jack Hamilton cut a lone figure against not one but two man-mountains at centre back, until replaced with 20 odd minutes left. Things improved with the introduction of Easton and Mullin and Raith played some nice fast football on an accommodating pitch (!).

Raith are not out of it, but need to be able to replicate that last 20 minutes for most of Sundays’s return fixture. Depends on ground conditions I suppose…..

It’s a bit of a strange situation. Really would like Raith to win although it would definitely be better for ourselves if Ross County did not end up in the Championship next season…..

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s a bit of a strange situation. Really would like Raith to win although it would definitely be better for ourselves if Ross County did not end up in the Championship next season…..

Agreed. I'm quite happy Ross County look like they are going to stay up, with the money they'd have from the various sources they would get it from (prize, parachute, Euro etc) and Roys money they would be formidable.

The league looks like it will be very interesting as it stands, the only one I'm really unsure about is Livvi in terms of whether they will invest and fly or are on a semi downward trajectory. Martindale staying will help them I think.

The League looks competitive from top to bottom, all full time, no real favourite for the bottom (or top?) as yet...

Airdrie, Ayr, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Hamilton, Livvi, Morton, Partick, Queens Park and Raith (assuming they don't over turn the deficit away v County)

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Surely we would use the community pitch for training.

No way you want to be training on artificial all week and then playing on grass every second Saturday at least. You want your training surface to be as similar to your home pitch as possible. The community astro isn't anywhere near as good as our own astro either.  We would definitely need to train somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we ever somehow manage to get into the Premiership, even if it means that we have had to rip up our pitch and installed a grass one to get there, the first thing that we should do as a member of the "elite" is to call for a vote to scrap all of this protectionist crap.

We must always be on the right side of history going forward, fighting for every club.

Not so much The Invincibles but more The Incredibles!

Blue Suit Incredibles by Locopoton1 on DeviantArt

Never going to happen when everything important needs 11 votes out of 12 to get passed. Big chance was there to change that when rangers went bust but Aberdeen sided with Celtic and that was that.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

With all that rain, I wonder if that game last night would have been on if it wasn't artificial turf, hmm.

It's all dependent on the quality of the grass pitch 😮‍💨

Celtic park, Tynecastle or Easter Road then absolutely but Dens or Bonnyrigg then not a hope in hell.

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's all dependent on the quality of the grass pitch 😮‍💨

Celtic park, Tynecastle or Easter Road then absolutely but Dens or Bonnyrigg then not a hope in hell.

Celtic park and Tynecastle are Grass/Hybrid are these being banned as well? All the talk is on 'grass'  so does anybody have a clarification.