The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, BPM said:

41 and counting

PS Brad Spenser is god - end of  

Brad is a lovely footballer... always shows for the ball no matter how tight the situation might be...the definition of a brave footballer....the fulcrum of our current success...complimented by another great footballer in Tait that imo will go all the way...not saying brad can't but he's a bit older 

Before a ball was kicked, thought today would give us a real test on how we’d need to approach/adapt to this division,  against one of the favourites. Albeit against ten for three quarters of the game, we absolutely bossed it. Thought Ross was outstanding and unfortunately lacked a cutting edge. Back four again superb and playing against ten was frustrating as PT simply tried to shut us down. Special mention to our shitey RB that produced the luckiest turn/touch that Pele would have been proud of. Travelled back to Glasgow with a few Jags fans. Their of the opinion that whoever is on top of us will win the league. . 

What a brilliant day today and great to see a crowd of over 6500 and a hard fought win albeit against 10 men. A great team spirit and a never say die attitude that eventually got us over the line after a late scare as PT grabbed a shock equaliser tbf if we have won 4,5 or 6-1 I don’t think many would have been surprised (21 shots at goal) The other big plus for me was the fantastic 1100 away fans enhancing an already highly charged atmosphere felt more than a cup tie rather than a league game. 
A negative point for me was I got talking to 2 elderly PT fans and they were a bit disappointed  that they had missed the first 15 minutes of the game due to us only having 2 turnstiles opened at their end…and from previous experience I know it has happened a few times to ourselves (being stuck in a queue outside the ground when the game has already kicked off) Their main gripe was FFC would know the number of tickets sold to travelling fans and would always be an expected percentage of walk up fans on the day. 
I don’t know if the club have received any other complaints about this but If so, I’m sure the club would like all fans to enjoy their experience at TFS hopefully we’ll get it ironed out for future games?

Edited by bejazz1

53 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

What a brilliant day today and great to see a crowd of over 6500 and a hard fought win albeit against 10 men. A great team spirit and a never say die attitude that eventually got us over the line after a late scare as PT grabbed a shock equaliser tbf if we have won 4,5 or 6-1 I don’t think many would have been surprised (21 shots at goal) The other big plus for me was the fantastic 1100 away fans enhancing an already highly charged atmosphere felt more than a cup tie rather than a league game. 
A negative point for me was I got talking to 2 elderly PT fans and they were a bit disappointed  that they had missed the first 15 minutes of the game due to us only having 2 turnstiles opened at their end…and from previous experience I know it has happened a few times to ourselves (being stuck in a queue outside the ground when the game has already kicked off) Their main gripe was FFC would know the number of tickets sold to travelling fans and would always be an expected percentage of walk up fans on the day. 
I don’t know if the club have received any other complaints about this but If so, I’m sure the club would like all fans to enjoy their experience at TFS hopefully we’ll get it ironed out for future games?

Yeah, club needs to learn lessons from today and get this right going forward. Away fans deserve a bit better tbh

another outstanding team performance today with the final score being the only thing that didn't reflect the way the game went. Someone is going to get a proper horsing from us but i'll take another 33 1-0's 🤞💪🏼

5 hours ago, ffcowboy said:

Yeah, club needs to learn lessons from today and get this right going forward. Away fans deserve a bit better tbh

Seems like there were issues but there were also a lot of Thistle fans just turning up late - you could see from the KM7 that loads were walking into the car park after kick off, including a bus load.

58 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Our next 3 league games - Morton, airdrie, Raith away. A tough school, but bring it on 

Of course it it tough it's what this league is about. Would have it no other ways and will be a good measure for the season ahead and an indicator of where we stand after Q1.

Difficult to judge from the league cup games but we've already seen the quality of Ayr and they've won 4 from 4. Parallels with our own start in that they've faced some of the weaker sides, and a good side that have decided to play the majority of the game with 10 men. 

Obviously we'll have a better idea after we've played everyone but much to be optimistic about and that top 4 is looking achievable as a minimum. If McGlynn spends the Celtic money wisely I see no reason we can't mount a title challenge. The fans will be key as well and should also give us an advantage 

Watched the highlights a couple of times over and both goals just get better. A couple of switch offs for the PT goal, but the guy did well. Great support (both sides) and roughly 1500/1600 PATG supporters. Saturdays now unrecognisable compared to just a short time ago.
Negative - for second week running significant numbers of hoodies (no colours) up town looking for trouble. Couldn’t tell if there are connected to our club, or unattached looking for trouble. No sight of any police 

8 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

8 hours ago, ffcowboy said:

7 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Yes I was on the btw bus which got in late..we had our new season tickets up the the north side of the main stand &. There was massive queue to get in the away stand so I quite believe they were treated badly...not good 

Nothing new, when you have more than half a stand trying to access through 2 turnstiles; as we found on ‘trophy day’*.

Even at 10 per minute, through both gates, it would take 50 mins to get half the stand in. All turning up 15-20 mins before a game & expecting to get in, for KO, ain’t gonna happen. 

*We we’re queued back round to the ticket office, that day, at 14.10 & managed to get in 5 mins before KO.

I’ve noticed that when we score Dylan Tait goes down with cramp or to fix his boots etc, he’s done it a few times this season now. It gives us time to catch a breath and get back into position. I don’t know whether he’s been told to do it or not or if he’s genuinely fecked but it’s clever.

Edited by Harry Kinnear