The Falkirk FC Thread

Disappointing statement. Club is clearly prepared to vote yes under certain conditions.

I agree its disappointing but it seems like those conditions would require a 16 team SPL being in the pipeline. This is never going to happen so I can't see such a situation arising. I'm not saying I'm happy at the statement but I don't think anything the SPL will offer as an incentive to vote SEVCO in will lead to us voting yes.

Don't see much wrong with it really. It states the club don't want Rangers in the first division so i'm happy with that.

It doesnt really say owt.....so many holes in it there.....

We have just copied the SPL and SFA statement approach with the twist being we are open and not we cant drop Rangers to Div 3

Dont wanna get dragged into reconstruction mlarkey but we dont have enough teams outside a 16 top division to support a bigger league and 14 is pushing it also...

To me the statement says "NO" to the current offer that is on the table but we would be wiling to do a deal if there was an improved offer.

Basically we have two choices:

1. Send them down to the 3rd and get bugger all. The SPL will take the huff and stick two fingers up to us at any suggestion of reform.

2. Let them into the 1st . Get all the things we demand but risk having a long queue of fans demanding their season ticket money back.

It's a no win situation.

Once again the people who run Falkirk are wildly out of touch with what the supporters want. It'll be very difficult for me to go back as long as those in power are still there if they vote "yes" under ANY circumstances.

Mmm ... I've read it a couple of times now unsure.gif

If the club want change they should push for change but they shouldn't use Newco as a bargaining tool, change can happen with Newco in the Third,

It's almost a form of blackmail and we've bashed gums enough about that recently.

I'm disappointed TBH !

Quite why folk are singing this statement's praises is beyond me. This is another ham-fisted statement that again hints we'd be more than prepared to bend over and have Sevco shaft us up the arse in return for league reconstruction.

Thats how I see it too. Ive emailed the club (again) to let them know my feelings on the matter.

I'm ready and willing to lube up, spread my cheeks and welcome Sevco into Div 1 if we get a 16 team top tier and the abolition of the SPL. The alternative is that they'll be in Div one in two years anyway, and we'll get fcuk all.

Mmm ... I've read it a couple of times now unsure.gif

If the club want change they should push for change but they shouldn't use Newco as a bargaining tool, change can happen with Newco in the Third,

It's almost a form of blackmail and we've bashed gums enough about that recently.

I'm disappointed TBH !

Dont want to drag into newco debates on here as there is enough of this pish as it is...... but I cant see changes happening soon without the SPL chiefs getting what they want.... Rangers newco in div 1.....

I seriously can see a Rangers newco being in the SPL next season if the SFL clubs dont agree to them joining div 1

As for the statement made by Ritchie, we are in with a list of lots of other clubs who are saying no......but.....

I think the clubs statement is good for the current circumstances. They are saying no correctly at this juncture but are pleading for proper dialogue. This, as SP says in his BBC interview, is now beyond Rangers. We need a better structure, end to four games a season, fairer wealth distribution and voting rights.

I am frankly bored listening to this being a debate about Rangers. There will have to be a deal to be done now whether we like that or now. IMO if that deal involves all I have listed I could got give a flying toss where Newco play. It is obvious to me little will change if Rangers go to the 3rd and that is the last thing I want to see. I am happy that our club seem to be leading this debate.

I think the clubs statement is good for the current circumstances. They are saying no correctly at this juncture but are pleading for proper dialogue. This, as SP says in his BBC interview, is now beyond Rangers. We need a better structure, end to four games a season, fairer wealth distribution and voting rights.

I am frankly bored listening to this being a debate about Rangers. There will have to be a deal to be done now whether we like that or now. IMO if that deal involves all I have listed I could got give a flying toss where Newco play. It is obvious to me little will change if Rangers go to the 3rd and that is the last thing I want to see. I am happy that our club seem to be leading this debate.

I agree with everything you say - other than the last sentence. This transcends petty club oneupmanship bollocks.

Taking the chance to review some threads I don't normally visit because of the IT blip.

I notice Marsh is now just a 'mebbe'.

If we throw away this chance to get what we want, when for the first time ever we have any bargaining position, because of a handful of emails from a bunch of 'mebbes' - well we will pretty much deserve all we get.

Marsh? You calling me out Spud? I will take your mother Dorothy Fifespud out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.

Dorothy you say :) That's not my mum you silly boy. That's my Pre op transgender dad. Best of luck but don't get too excited when he says he likes it doggie style.