The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Winning at home against Paul Hartley to then go as champions to Hamilton though... Something sweet about that. 

It would be great to see the best squad in the league giving the second best squad in the league a guard of honour, eh?

10 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Even if Hamilton win every game from now to the end of the season, we only need 13 points to win the league.

We could win the league in five games from now if we keep playing well and sooner if Hamilton drop any points

Eh? They have 12 games left = 36 points. They could be 22 ahead! So we need 23 points still.

Very, very comfortable against a team that usually gives us a game.  It really could have been 5 or 6 with the chances we created. Thought Mackie and Ross were very good, Mackie getting his assist and generally defended very well. Also, Oliver is technically a very good footballer. Some of his touches, passes and movement is outstanding. His goal just typified it. Really good win

Edited by Tea and Busquets

36 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Genuinely think Falkirk have enough points to win the league already. Can't see Accies getting that many by end of the season.

5 wins would do it now IMO. That would mean Hamilton would need to win 10 of their twelve games to beat us. Don’t see them doing that 

34 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Get it won pronto. The idea of a borderline empty home stand alongside 2000+ Bairns having a party during a meaningless game at Hamilton is doing it for me lads I won’t lie

Why stop there? Infiltrate the home end too 🤣

Another 3 points for the Brilliant Bairns in the bag... but still no guarantee of anything above 8th place.

A 36 point, 63 goal turnaround could see Stirling pip us.

A win at Kelty on Saturday would see us guarantee a dreamy top half finish!

10th ❌

9th ❌

8th ❔

7th ❔

6th ❔

5th ❔

4th ❔

3rd ❔

2nd ❔

1st ❔

59 minutes ago, BPM said:

5 wins would do it now IMO. That would mean Hamilton would need to win 10 of their twelve games to beat us. Don’t see them doing that 

It's done. We need to lose 5 out of 12 for them to overhaul us while winning all 12 of theirs. Or us to lose 6, 7 or 8 if they drop further points along the way. It's mathematically possible, but the chances of it happening are miniscule. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's done. We need to lose 5 out of 12 for them to overhaul us while winning all 12 of theirs. Or us to lose 6, 7 or 8 if they drop further points along the way. It's mathematically possible, but the chances of it happening are miniscule. 

We know we've won the league but we don't want to say that we know that we have won the league. Just in case.

Devon Loch Grand National Disaster, 1956 animated gif

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I have Morrison on 51 goals, not 50. The only one I can think of that might be incorrect was the one at Kelty - did that go down as an OG by the keeper? BBC have him scoring 2 but I'm sure it was an OG.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, as I have him on 51 too. I gave him both goals against Kelty as he was so close he must have got a touch and I doubt anyone could prove otherwise. 

If I mind I'll ask next time I see him. 

Goal Falkirk 3rd (1) .jpg