The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Here you go - it’s at the printers now so preorder now  - the more we pre order the more we can print and the more profit goes to the club ( obviously) 

This has been done for free by all the people involved  to make the club money so please support  especial thanks to Ian Sneddon ( pics) and Andy Jamieson (design).

FALKIRK CHAMPIONS BOOK 2024 SOCIAL BANNER_v1.jpeg

falkirk untouchables book 2024_book inside 3.jpeg

Where do we pre order?

2 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

My thoughts exactly!!
Let’s hope this doesn’t fall on deaf ears as a solid start in the first quarter is vital, which looking at the current CB injury doubts would seem at peril.

really, do you think the manager doesn't speak to the board? do you think playing a right back at left back means he's sending a message that he wants to sign another left back? or giving a debut to the two modern apprentices that he wants to sign more midfielders? he's giving game time to the players and trying things out, experimenting, giving him options and a better understanding of the squad and their fitness. 

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

McGowan at 34 you really don't know what you are going to get. Could have a good few seasons left in him or like mcginn he could have 6 months and then struggle. With McKenna already signed I wouldn't be too keen to bring in more players of that age . We tried that before and it didn't work out well.

We can't write off older pro's simply because some didn't work out.  it's logic up there with arguments like 'players who come back never work out' it all depends on the individual. 

Someone like a Darren Dods equivalent now would be a great signing.  I do fear we'll concede a lot of goals this season if we don't strengthen at the back.  

1 hour ago, One off poster said:

On the centre half conversation, there's no doubt in my mind that Maciver playing there on Saturday was McGlynn making a not so subtle point that he'd like more money in the budget to sign a proper one.

41 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

My thoughts exactly!!
Let’s hope this doesn’t fall on deaf ears as a solid start in the first quarter is vital, which looking at the current CB injury doubts would seem at peril.

It’s his budget and he spends it how he wants.

All managers want more money, however if a CH was a priority I’m sure he would have went there first.

We can’t have our cake and eat it as fan owned, overspend then moan at the end of the season that we shouldn’t have done so.

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We can't write off older pro's simply because some didn't work out.  it's logic up there with arguments like 'players who come back never work out' it all depends on the individual. 

Someone like a Darren Dods equivalent now would be a great signing.  I do fear we'll concede a lot of goals this season if we don't strengthen at the back.  

I'm still scarred by 92/93 where we were 4th top scorers (in the top flight!!) and still finished 11th and doon.

A series of defensive injuries like that year would be absolutely lethal.

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

Here you go - it’s at the printers now so preorder now  - the more we pre order the more we can print and the more profit goes to the club ( obviously) 

This has been done for free by all the people involved  to make the club money so please support  especial thanks to Ian Sneddon ( pics) and Andy Jamieson (design).

FALKIRK CHAMPIONS BOOK 2024 SOCIAL BANNER_v1.jpeg

falkirk untouchables book 2024_book inside 2.jpeg

falkirk untouchables book 2024_book inside 4.jpeg

Some more teasers 👀

FALKIRK UNTOUCHABLES BOOK 2024_Book and Dust Jacket.jpg

FALKIRK UNTOUCHABLES BOOK 2024_Book Cover.jpeg

FALKIRK UNTOUCHABLES BOOK 2024_Book Inside 2.jpeg

FALKIRK UNTOUCHABLES BOOK 2024_Book Inside 3.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Doesn’t mean much but McBookie have made us joint second favourites to win the league. 

IMG_6416.jpeg

Obvious nonsense these things but as it stands I think it'll be a title fight between Thistle & Raith with the next group of teams a decent bit behind them. Going to be pretty tight for all the positions this year as there's no obvious cannon fodder.