The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Seen a lot of references to Ayr being moneybags. Where have they spent it? On floodlights? 

Don't look at their squad and become envious at their quality.

Agree but you would expect McGeady,  Devlin, Murphy, Hastie and McMann will be amongst the highest earners in the league.

22 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

Oh it doesn’t upset me.

We’ve just completed a league undefeated, won through the first stages of a cup (league) with two teams in a higher division we have came from, with two of those ploughed with money.

My first thoughts are not how I can diminish that on a football forum like you do.

It is obvious you are not happy, despite trying to temper that recently with some positive points, you have shown your colours.

Me, I’m loving how we are battering teams, I really don’t care if one player is slightly behind the others enough to make that point on here or if Shanley ‘should’ have scored a hat trick. We won 4 nil, and he got himself into the position to make those shots on target.

Sorry if that upsets you!

Thought that was BPM posting.

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Our strength going into this season appears to be creating chances. The one minor concern I have going into the Championship is our conversation rate. Which I admit sounds strange after a 4-0 win but we could have had so many more against Stenny and Buckie and it cost us down at Ayr.

However it’s early days and teams are still brushing the rust off so overall it’s a really positive start for me…..

Was thinking the same, really enjoyed today again, and the chances we create, it's exciting to watch, however, just had a look at the stats in our League Cup Group - we had 70 shots at goal and scored 11. If we continue to create chances at this rate and it clicks in one game then someone is getting a real going over. Hopefully its Queens Park next week, however, they are looking decent on paper (Hibs aside), will be a very interesting game next week.

Think McGlynn is getting frustrated with the opportunities being missed too (see Buckie post match interview), need a bit more composure in front of goal. Wonder if Nesbitt had played today how many he would have bagged? Think he's one of our better finishers.

6 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Unbelievable how we’re are doing on the park & you and your green dot pal Pedro are resorting to this.

Cant speak for Pedro, but resorting to this? Please explain ???. 

Edited by Springfield

A good result and enjoyable game to round off a great little run in that cup group.

I think we missed nesbitt today as no one can match his energy and while we had a few sloppy moments, overall we played very well.

I think we will be sharper on Friday against better opposition as we always tend to up our game against better sides.

Looking forward to the season starting now.

Almost forgot, stenny look rotten and will almost certainly go back down. Think teams like alloa and Montrose will absolutely batter them, just a bunch of hammer throwers that are slower than a week in the jail. 

Edited by GMBairn

1 hour ago, SuperTuesday said:

Oh it doesn’t upset me.

We’ve just completed a league undefeated, won through the first stages of a cup (league) with two teams in a higher division we have came from, with two of those ploughed with money.

My first thoughts are not how I can diminish that on a football forum like you do.

It is obvious you are not happy, despite trying to temper that recently with some positive points, you have shown your colours.

Me, I’m loving how we are battering teams, I really don’t care if one player is slightly behind the others enough to make that point on here or if Shanley ‘should’ have scored a hat trick. We won 4 nil, and he got himself into the position to make those shots on target.

Sorry if that upsets you!

Not sure what you think the point of a football forum is tbh if half a sentence commenting on a player’s performance out of an otherwise entirely positive post means someone is “not happy”.

Nothing about any club on the planet is 100% positive 100% of the time and discussing football would be very boring if we were banned from discussing any negatives.

18 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Hendo has been brilliant for us in the league stages of the cup, led by example at centre half 

Absolutely. Love the big man, 💯 percenter, and underestimated at times. A tall Scott McKenzie 💙

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Absolutely. Love the big man, 💯 percenter, and underestimated at times. A tall Scott McKenzie 💙

😆 That's about as high a compliment as you can give. Still one of my best Falkirk memories McKenzie's goal at EEP and den Biemans equaliser. 

I’d have liked us to have replaced Shanley as I don’t think he’s championship quality and if MacIver gets injured he’ll be the guy we rely on up top. Excellent performance today though, everyone performing at a really high standard. Queen’s Park will be no mugs, so hopefully a good week of training and we get off to a flyer on Friday. Thought Brad Spencer was the best player of the park. What a player he is.

To reply to those who have given me abuse (maybe abuse is too strong a word, condescention and contempt maybe) - I am delighted MacIver got two goals today.  Always happy when anyone scores for Falkirk.  I hope he gets a lot more.  I hope he plays a blinder every game and becomes my favourite player.

So sad that my opinion on a player get's so many backs up.  It's just my opinion, get some persepective.   No-one should care what I think of a football player in the same way I don't care what you think. We are all entitled to an opinion.

Just because I appreciate the skill and style of seven our eight of our players before Ross that make me a target.  I don't think he's a bad player, his style doesn't resonate with me as much as a number of other players we have.  What a thought crime.

Here's some of our players I love:  Hendo, big Coll, Morrison (I LOVE Cal), I think Nesbitt is fantastic, Lang, Spencer and Calvin Miller.  

Nothing would make me happier to be proved wrong and for MacIver to score 30 goals this season and win us the league.  

I'll have to go now, the highlights have just been put on Facebook, off to enjoy MacIver's two goals.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

McKenna needs to be given a bit of time. It will take him a wee while to adapt to full time football and it isn't easy coming on for ten mins or so here or there . He looks like he's comfortable on the ball and can find a pass certainly. I thought Oliver did okay . My main concern with him though is that he too often drops deep looking for the ball .   But he always contributed. Tait again what a baller some of his passing was utterly sublime. 

TBH the guy is 33 and was top scorer in the championship 2 years ago ..... he shouldn't need time.... fair enough going full time should only improve him  but he should already be more than capable. I find it a strange signing tho especially considering Mcglynn has so far not gave him much game time, going full time at this stage of his career I don't imagine he will be on peanuts,

7 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Not enough swerving imo

I thought his arm swerved beautifully for his 2nd tbh. First slam dunk I’ve witnessed in front of the KM7 💪

Adams, another effortless performance, unearthed a diamond here for sure.

McKenna, looks physically strong and can keep possession well. Made a good run late 2nd half being chased by 3 or 4 Stenny players in his wake, then laid the ball off. I can see his worth to the squad.

No real failures for me today and we look really good just now. The squads a tight knit unit and everyone chipping in. Salivating for next Friday, bring on Queens.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Utter domination, really should have been more than 4 but if that's all I've got to complain about we're doing well.

Shanley's all round play was good when he came on today and was really unlucky Jamieson pulled off a cracker of a save. I like how he creates chances for himself, as MacIver rarely does that with the ball at his feet, he just needs to start burying those chances.

IMG_8802.png