The Falkirk FC Thread

I do agree the club should put something out - it could even be included in the wider pre-text/build-up to the match etc. We have so many songs about generally hating Dunfermline Athletic that fall within the realms of normal rivalry without having to resort to that shite. 

As others have said these songs have been going on for 30 years so it is wrong to tag this onU1876. They have been pretty good at self policing so far (you will always get issues). I hope they do so again this weekend coming. 

Edited by BPM

Norrie chants are disgusting. We unfortunately, on occasion, have the same issue. Mostly perpetrated by wee fannies who weren’t even a glint in the milkman’s eye when he died. It does boils down to self policing though, moving away and saying nothing doesn’t help. I’ve walked up train carriages and turned around in the stands to tell boys to can it before, that doesn’t always work but it generally does when you have multiple guys telling these guys in no uncertain terms that its not acceptable behaviour and reflects badly on the club. Granted that’s maybe easier said than done if you’ve a whole stand singing it and not just a wee gang of boys but remaining schtum won’t stop anything.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

On another subject.....

Does Tom Lang go straight in for Hendo on current form?

No, not as yet. I don't think Donaldson is 100% yet, we can't have two centre halves not fully fit. Hendo hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Have to agree with others and perhaps not made clear in my earlier post but I don't think singling out U1876 is helpful. 

A minor problem but any reminder should be directed at ALL and not just the Ultras.

Regarding Friday night, I too am in the KM and most I heard was "Hate the Fifers, clap your hands" but not to say much worse wasn't sung.

Not sure how many fans noticed that just as this was being sung on Friday Hogarth was clapping. Im 100% sure it to the of the team as we had just made a good break but the timing of his hand clap was perfect. :)

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

On another subject.....

Does Tom Lang go straight in for Hendo on current form?

Definitely not. If Hendo keeps up his current form he should stay where he is until injury/suspension/loss of form strikes. I think there's more chance of Tait being dropped for Lang to allow Hendo into midfield when the occasion demands.

24 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I might be late to the party with this but that's the Hearts tickets available

Thanks for the heads up

Is anyone else having issues  trying to access the clubs website or app?

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

No. Hendo deserves the jersey as does Mackie. 

Agreed. I prefer McCann if I'm honest as I think he links better with Miller, but Mackie's had a good start to the season so deserves the jersey at the moment.

I’ve actually always preferred Hendo in midfield to centre-back, but he’s started the season really well there so should keep that jersey until if and when he deserves to be replaced. Also allows us to pair Spencer and Tait which I feel also works really well.

21 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’ve actually always preferred Hendo in midfield to centre-back, but he’s started the season really well there so should keep that jersey until if and when he deserves to be replaced. Also allows us to pair Spencer and Tait which I feel also works really well.

This positional versatility in the squad is a massive bonus with the ability to change things and on occasions even without making a substitution. 

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Thanks for the heads up

Is anyone else having issues  trying to access the clubs website or app?

I bought tickets online about 20 mins ago and it worked fine

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I think Henderson in midfield worked in L1 but I don't think he's good enough there a league up. 

He's a fine defender though so would be in my CHs either with Lang or Donaldson. I think Lang and Hendo would be my first choice pairing.