The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's fair moving the goalposts on the discussion.  :lol:

I think 8 of our fans will be allowed the privilege of watching football that weekend at Queen's Park's dump. 

But they will get to witness the Royal Box (just remember to avert your eyes when the Dark Lord is present).

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

@Skyline Drifter apologies for drafting you in here but does Shanley getting a straight red last weekend mean he's suspended for this weekends league match against Partick?

Out on a limb but I think it's a 2-match suspension (serious foul play) and effective immediately, irrespective of competition.

Edited by Blame Me

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

@Skyline Drifter apologies for drafting you in here but does Shanley getting a straight red last weekend mean he's suspended for this weekends league match against Partick?

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Out on a limb but I think it's a 2-match suspension (serious foul play) and effective immediately, irrespective of competition.

Nope.

The installation of Comet brought with it a change to keeping all suspensions competition specific because it's too difficult to re-purpose Comet to recognise the suspensions cross competition. He has a two match ban in the League Cup. So he'll miss Celtic and (assuming you don't actually beat them!) he'll also miss your first group game next season.

There are now no suspensions in the normal course of action that cross competition borders. Obviously if someone gets a drugs ban, gambling ban, Cantona-like ban from all football, match fixing type thing they'll be banned from everything but those sorts of things are date based rather than matches.

Ken it’s still early days but sometimes when you’ve got a gem, you just know. I’d seriously be offering Keelan Adams a longer-term deal. Give it a year or two he’ll be a good age and could make us some proper dough. 

edit to add; while still being crucial to our first team of c. As much as I love Finn, he’s added another dimension.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ken it’s still early days but sometimes when you’ve got a gem, you just know. I’d seriously be offering Keelan Adams a longer-term deal. Give it a year or two he’ll be a good age and could make us some proper dough. 

edit to add; while still being crucial to our first team of c. As much as I love Finn, he’s added another dimension.

Both Keelan & Finn are young, energetic, versatile & improving all the time. If you add Dylan to the mix we must have three of the brightest prospects in Scottish football which augers well both for current team & any future cashing in on our investment in these young men!

Wondering if uncertainty re Tom Lang’s return to full fitness might tempt our management team to seek a short term loan for central defensive cover up to January particularly as young Logan Sinclair been loaned out for rest of season.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nope.

The installation of Comet brought with it a change to keeping all suspensions competition specific because it's too difficult to re-purpose Comet to recognise the suspensions cross competition. He has a two match ban in the League Cup. So he'll miss Celtic and (assuming you don't actually beat them!) he'll also miss your first group game next season.

There are now no suspensions in the normal course of action that cross competition borders. Obviously if someone gets a drugs ban, gambling ban, Cantona-like ban from all football, match fixing type thing they'll be banned from everything but those sorts of things are date based rather than matches.

D4540E40-68CD-43F6-B22D-92442AC989F5.jpeg

Assuming McGlynn gets some money from the LC run and the CF area being where we are most exposed I liked to look of Alfie Bavage at Aberdeen who was on loan at Kelty last season. 

20 minutes ago, BPM said:

Assuming McGlynn gets some money from the LC run and the CF area being where we are most exposed I liked to look of Alfie Bavage at Aberdeen who was on loan at Kelty last season. 

A fine player, would imagine he’d be effective at our level. I’m not so sure that he’s the same type of CF as MacIver, possible more in the style of Jordan Allen and we know that does not fit out style.

That said, I don’t have a suggestion for anyone that might be in the MacIver style. Maybe Hibs, Celtic or (ahem) Rangers have a “B” squad CF that might do.

That said, I’d rather John & Paul settled my own nerves with a signing or loan at Centre Back. Luke Graham of Dundee? But he started for them a couple of games ago, so….

Edited by HonestAl
grammar

15 minutes ago, BPM said:

I would think CB and CF are both necessary, especially with Sinclair leaving for the full season.

4 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

A fine player, would imagine he’d be effective at our level. I’m not so sure that he’s the same type of CF as MacIver, possible more in the style of Jordan Allen and we know that does not fit out style.

That said, I don’t have a suggestion for anyone that might be in the MacIver style. Maybe Hibs, Celtic or (ahem) Rangers have a “B” squad CF that might do.

That said, I’d rather John & Paul settled my own nerves with a signing or loan at Centre Back. Luke Graham of Dundee? But he started for them a couple of games ago, so….

Jack Milne for Aberdeen would also be a shout. 

22 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I would think CB and CF are both necessary, especially with Sinclair leaving for the full season.

Don’t see any need for a CB with two fullbacks who can both play CH and their replacements ever present in the Invincible season.