The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I think if 1 comes in it has to be at the back. We're just an injury to Coll or Hendo away from a problem.

On the forward point didn't Alfie play there at times before joining us? Not saying it would be ideal but I could see him filling in for Ross in the odd game. 

Were a Coll/Hendo injury away from McCann or Yeats coming into the team at full back with Mackie or Adams moving inside. I don’t have a huge issue with that.

We’re a MacIver issue away from relying on Shanley or Oliver to lead the line.

4 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Were a Coll/Hendo injury away from McCann or Yeats coming into the team at full back with Mackie or Adams moving inside. I don’t have a huge issue with that.

We’re a MacIver issue away from relying on Shanley or Oliver to lead the line.

Agree with this, McCann and Yates have proven themselves at full back as has Mackie or Adam’s at centre back so there should be absolutely no issue with any of these players coming should Hendo or Coll get injured. I’m not quite as confident Shanley or Oliver could adequately replace McIver however, if there is money available then thats the position we should be looking to bring in cover for. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Oliver has started this season incredibly well and is deserving of keeping his place as the 10, but he’s not a viable option to replace MacIver as the one up front. No fault of his, he’s just never a lone striker. Barely worked in League One nevermind the Championship - I’d definitely be looking to bring in another striker.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Completely agree, and maybe an even bigger threat/issue if teams have him on their radar….

MacIver is locked down til June 2027. Would take an extraordinary offer for us to let him go.

33 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agree with this, McCann and Yates have proven themselves at full back as has Mackie or Adam’s at centre back so there should be absolutely no issue with any of these players coming should Hendo or Coll get injured. I’m not quite as confident Shanley or Oliver could adequately replace McIver however, if there is money available then thats the position we should be looking to bring in cover for. 

My only concern with not signing a centre back is that it’ll be fine if we get one injury and Adams or Mackie need to step in. If we end up in a situation where Adams and Mackie are our centre half pairing then I wouldn’t be so confident. I know some won’t see it this was but these guys aren’t out and out centre half’s and usually in this situation they are okay as long as there is an experienced centre half there to guide them

Mackie, Nesbitt, Ross, Agyeman and Miller all in their last years or 1 yr deals, think where we end up to the middle/end of the season will depend on the type of player McGlynn will want if we end up to top/play off places but thats a big if.

As for the CF options did it not say McKenna had played in that role as well so there you have Alfie and McKenna as options/

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Calvin Miller needs tied down on a longer contract too with this cash. 

That would be my first priority get him signed up. And then look to bring in another one or two players if possible. 

Would be CH then Striker for me in that order.  Although Adams and Mackie can step in their not to the same level as Coll/Hendo/Lang and I think losing goals would hurt us if we had to go with full backs in there long term.  

Striker would be close second though would have Alfie ahead of Shanley if MacIver is out.  

On renewals would look to do those in January with a bit more of the season played to see where we are.  Miller the only one likely to generate interest and might need tied down before then.  

There are two kinds of loan

1. Player doesnt fit with the current team or has no future and is looking for another club

2. Youth Player looking for experience

Option 2 will probably come with a requirement to be played

Option 1 perhaps more likely the thing we are looking at

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

MacIver is locked down til June 2027. Would take an extraordinary offer for us to let him go.

If the team keep going with the current form it is a certainty there will be offers coming in during the transfer window.

Every Falkirk player will have their price and that is where McGlynn's management will come into it.

Its a long time since Falkirk fans had to consider that situation - nice problem.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Mackie, Nesbitt, Ross, Agyeman and Miller all in their last years or 1 yr deals, think where we end up to the middle/end of the season will depend on the type of player McGlynn will want if we end up to top/play off places but thats a big if.

As for the CF options did it not say McKenna had played in that role as well so there you have Alfie and McKenna as options/

Wasn't nesbitts deal least year a 2 year extension?

I was thinking he was a 2026 end.

Ross and Mackie have just signed their new contracts so not sure there is a rush to start negotiations before January really.

As for Alfie it will be how he gets on this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leaving if he can't break into the team, even when he was the natural replacement for Morrison against hearts we shuffled and brought Ross in instead of him. 

13 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Wasn't nesbitts deal least year a 2 year extension?

I was thinking he was a 2026 end.

Ross and Mackie have just signed their new contracts so not sure there is a rush to start negotiations before January really.

As for Alfie it will be how he gets on this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leaving if he can't break into the team, even when he was the natural replacement for Morrison against hearts we shuffled and brought Ross in instead of him. 

Alfie I would offer an extended contract. Impact sub that has power, pace and yes he beats himself, but in this division he’s likely to noise things up for the last 20 or so minutes. I’d throw him on for MacIver if the game is already safe/won. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Alfie I would offer an extended contract. Impact sub that has power, pace and yes he beats himself, but in this division he’s likely to noise things up for the last 20 or so minutes. I’d throw him on for MacIver if the game is already safe/won. 

I was more thinking he would want to leave for more minutes maybe. I'd be happy to keep him but imagine by the end of this season he'll be thinking he could start every week for a few of the full time teams in this division.