The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I 100% agree, my nieces boy is 11 and this is his first season going to games. He comes from a Celtic supporting family, but has now come to us and itโ€™s the Ultras that have done this. His pals were going and once he sampled a taste for it heโ€™s hooked. They have totally transformed my match day experience and Iโ€™m 58, they have been a revelation and I canโ€™t praise them enough. To think some moaned about the drum when the idea was first muted ย COYB U1876 ๐Ÿคฃ

Think the big thing is that every game is an event. You see this from successful teams in other sports too, like Rugby. Players celebrating together after, and with the fans. High fives galore when someone wins a tackle or makes a great clearance.

Players that celebrate a 9th try in a 50 point win like it's a last minute winner.ย 

Feels like that at the moment. It's not just another run of the mill league game where you go through the motions. It's a big gameย 

9 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Whilst we are undoubtedly on a fantastic run, I actually think we haven't gotten out of 2nd gear in pretty much any of the league matches. We can play even better than this, and this is why I get more confident each week that we absolutely could (whisper) win the Championship. To use a Ross Wayne term, the only thing that can beat us at the moment is ourselves. Our closest rival currently is obviously Ayr, and if the league cup is anything to go by, I think we will beat them. They were incredibly fortunate to win that match, and with all the chances we create, a team is going to get an absolute pasting off us once we start being more ruthless in front of goal.

ย 

This is the most I have enjoyed football in my entire life, and I include European nights at Ibrox and victories over Celtic, winning trophies etc when I say that. It blows my mind that there are folk who want to whinge and complain about players when they should just be allowing themselves to get swept away like the rest of us. We're experiencing something truly special, and I feel honoured and privileged to be a part of it.

I'm not sure about the second gear stuff. I think we haven't looked at our free flowing best simply because we do have stronger opponents that are making things more difficult for us.

I think we will keep improving, even though we are already doing great but I don't think we will blow too many teams away this season like we did last year.

Most teams in this league are probably a bit too professional to take regular drubbings.ย 

Interesting the way the fixtures have fallen with us progressing in the LC but immediately going out the diddy cup.

On Saturday most teams will have played two games more than us. Stays that way for a few weeks then we play both our catch up games and then the Hamilton game on Friday night before anyone else plays againย 

Potentially a chance to open up a gap at the top with that run of matches if Ayr can't take advantage over the next couple of weeksย 

Screenshot2024-09-16at10_13_56.thumb.png.7dbe7206b9b641ea14dd76f3c9bb5cf0.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

49 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Wanting to leave all that garbage behind was a huge factor, to be honest. Any older Bairns on here able to confirm that supposedly Falkirk had a wee bit of an issue with sectarian nonsense in the 70s and 80s due to Rangers fans attending Brockville and not leaving that crap at the door? Before my time.

Yes! there was a small 'Billy Boy' element in the early 1970's. Started by a group of faux Falkirk supporters in the Falkirk Iron Works who dubbed themselves as the 'Little Rangers'

They were an obnoxious lot. Then at the start of one season nothing and were never seen again.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I 100% agree, my nieces boy is 11 and this is his first season going to games. He comes from a Celtic supporting family, but has now come to us and itโ€™s the Ultras that have done this. His pals were going and once he sampled a taste for it heโ€™s hooked. They have totally transformed my match day experience and Iโ€™m 58, they have been a revelation and I canโ€™t praise them enough. To think some moaned about the drum when the idea was first muted ย COYB U1876 ๐Ÿคฃ

Same. I brought son 11 over for the hearts match in the benny t section and he spent half the match staring over at the ultras.

Then after the match he had his head buried in his phone I asked him what are you doing?

He was looking at some stats and fixtures to see who "we" are playing next.

Proud. I picked the right game to bring him to.

7 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Same. I brought son 11 over for the hearts match in the benny t section and he spent half the match staring over at the ultras.

Then after the match he had his head buried in his phone I asked him what are you doing?

He was looking at some stats and fixtures to see who "we" are playing next.

Proud. I picked the right game to bring him to.

How many kids do you have?

45 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Interesting the way the fixtures have fallen with us progressing in the LC but immediately going out the diddy cup.

On Saturday most teams will have played two games more than us. Stays that way for a few weeks then we play both our catch up games and then the Hamilton game on Friday night before anyone else plays againย 

Potentially a chance to open up a gap at the top with that run of matches if Ayr can't take advantage over the next couple of weeksย 

Screenshot2024-09-16at10_13_56.thumb.png.7dbe7206b9b641ea14dd76f3c9bb5cf0.png

I know this league can throw up surprising results but, sadly, I can't see Ayr not being top next Saturday evening, if even on goal difference having played 2 more games. It'll be really interesting to see where we are after our next 4 league games however.ย 

On Saturdays game, in years gone by it would have felt like not our day potentially but now, instead, it only felt like a matter of time before the dominance paid off.

Think the first home game against Montrose last season when Morrison scored his screamer was the turning point for me. Since then it's always felt like someone will come up with what we need in games. It's a nice feeling.ย 

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

I'm not sure about the second gear stuff. I think we haven't looked at our free flowing best simply because we do have stronger opponents that are making things more difficult for us.

I think we will keep improving, even though we are already doing great but I don't think we will blow too many teams away this season like we did last year.

Most teams in this league are probably a bit too professional to take regular drubbings.ย 

Saturday was a pumping, make no mistake. If we're more clinical in front of goal then that's absolutely a 3 or 4 nil.ย 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes! there was a small 'Billy Boy' element in the early 1970's. Started by a group of faux Falkirk supporters in the Falkirk Iron Works who dubbed themselves as the 'Little Rangers'

They were an obnoxious lot. Then at the start of one season nothing and were never seen again.

Good riddance.

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I've been trying to find the posts on here from Saturday night/Sunday morning of a fan slagging off Gary Oliver. They must have been removed but I'm sure others will be able to say who put them up

What the f**k are you talking about? Absolutely no one was โ€œslagging off Gary Oliverโ€. I replied to a comment on the Airdrie pre-match thread that I wouldnโ€™t be starting Oliver as I felt we had better options and he didnโ€™t merit starting after his performance at Cappielow (where McGlynn hooked him at half time). I donโ€™t think heโ€™s good enough to be starting matches for us in the Championship, just as others donโ€™t feel Shanley is up to the required standard either. But every time Oliver plays he gets my full support as does any Falkirk player. Donโ€™t f**king dare try and insinuate that this is some sort of witch-hunt!

31 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

What the f**k are you talking about? Absolutely no one was โ€œslagging off Gary Oliverโ€. I replied to a comment on the Airdrie pre-match thread that I wouldnโ€™t be starting Oliver as I felt we had better options and he didnโ€™t merit starting after his performance at Cappielow (where McGlynn hooked him at half time). I donโ€™t think heโ€™s good enough to be starting matches for us in the Championship, just as others donโ€™t feel Shanley is up to the required standard either. But every time Oliver plays he gets my full support as does any Falkirk player. Donโ€™t f**king dare try and insinuate that this is some sort of witch-hunt!

What are you so angry about all the time?

39 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

he didnโ€™t merit starting after his performance at Cappielow (where McGlynn hooked him at half time).ย 

He took a ball in the face early in the game at Cappielow. One of the media guys asked him after the match how he was and he was still sore, hence why he was subbed off at halftime.ย 

I think there are a couple of players that have somewhat gone under the radar for the vast improvement they have made. Gary Oliver is one of them imo. It's hard to compare him to Nesbit because Nesbit just has that speed and creativity. But Gary Oliver is solid and is more than good enough for what he is doing now. Thought he was excellent at the weekend.ย 

Nicky Hogarth is another I think deserves a mention. Don't know what happened over the summer but he has come on leaps and bounds and is playing to confidence and determination. Been very impressed with him from the start of this season.ย 

OUT NOW P&B Bairns๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ. Let us know your thoughts on this weeks extra long podcast (weโ€™ve had a few lately).ย 

๐Ÿ†•๐ŸŽ™๏ธEP:97 BRING ON THE CELTIC

๐Ÿ”ต Review the 2-0 win over Airdrie with guest pundit & Elliotโ€™s legend Brian Stuart โ™ฆ๏ธ
โšช๏ธ EXCLUSIVE interview with Paul Berry - Sales Manager for @ONeillsSportsUK ๐Ÿ‘•
๐Ÿ”ต Preview the Celtic cup tie with Chris Toal from @Pint2Shots podcast & Craig McCaffery ๐Ÿ€
โšช๏ธ PLUS All of the latest FFC news dissected ๐Ÿ—ž๏ธ

Sponsors: Falkirk FFIT T8โ€™s & Behind The Wall ๐Ÿค๐Ÿผ

E96D01B8-5F8E-43E9-97A5-8ADDC98A3130.thumb.jpeg.98a237e1f36b46d1158dff0714274d72.jpeg