The Falkirk FC Thread

Leahy has looked good based on those highlights, same with Haworth. Taylor reminding me a bit like a more mobile Jordan White, but we'll see when it comes to the competitive games.

Lyle's been "banging them in" in pre-season IMO.

I think its quite obvious now how the club voted and their scraping about for an excuse over why they've done it. This is a shameful day for ffc 1

Normally a statement like this would be hyperbole but I feel it's spot on in this instance. I will be embarrassed to be a Falkirk supporter for the first time in my life if they have voted "Yes". Perhaps naively and due to bias, I have always viewed Falkirk as a club who will do the right thing and aren't afraid to take the lead in these situations, for example continuing to campaign for change in the SPL seating requirements even after work had started on the new stadium and it would affect another club than ourselves, or being the first club to say "No" to the OF's 5% charge on away tickets a few years ago. If we have been one of the only clubs to bend over it will be very difficult to swallow and I won't be back until those responsible (ie the current board, excluding the Bairnstrust rep) are removed.

Certainly better than saying nothing.

I competely agree. I've got a mate who's a Killie fan and he said the same about Johnston abstaining from the SPL vote - he obviously wanted to vote yes but was too cowardly to do so. Falkirk have obviously voted yes and are too cowardly to come out and admit it.

I think what I was maybe getting at is that people don't seem bothered enough that it would cost the club customers. You might get the odd few, but there wouldn't be a huge "fans backlash".

I agree. There will not be a massive drop off in numbers. The people who have kept informed of the situation through forums like this are in the minority, and not all of them will even chuck going to the football as a result of a "Yes" vote. Some will stay away but it won't be massively noticeable. Away supports coming to Falkirk, however, may be a different story, as away fans are more likely to be "hardcores" who read the forums and follow the game in depth.

As I said above though, their relationship with the trust is completely ended if they voted Yes though. Partly because they clearly gave no indication of doing that prior to the meeting, but mainly because they didn't brief them after the fact and try and manage the situation from there.

The Trust's position is completely untenable now, almost no matter what. A simple text or email from Mr White to Alastair Brookes on Friday afternoon was all that was required. the last few days have just been embarrassing.

I disagree - those who made the decision's positions are completely untenable, the Trust have done everything right in this situation.

Really like the look of Leahy from the 3 games up north.

He was impressive at Fraserburgh. Really good movement, good positioning, always looking to get involved and I was very impressed by his workrate considering it was a pointless friendly with nothing at stake.

He played a lot of different roles - left winger, striker, second striker and central midfielder and looked at least competent in every position. He links up well with Haworth and the full backs. Like I said earlier, I am convinced he'll be a good signing.

I wish could contribute to the Rangers discussion but everything's been said already. It's disappointing we haven't heard any confirmation of how we voted, either yes or no. The length of time that has elapsed, with other communications from the club about trivial matters taking precedence fill me with dread that we did indeed vote "yes" to Newco in Division One.

I was told by someone with boardroom connections that they are of the opinion Falkirk voted "No" based on their communications with Martin Ritchie and others, however, they have no official confirmation of a yes or no vote...so disregard this sentence, it's virtually worthless.

I disagree - those who made the decision's positions are completely untenable, the Trust have done everything right in this situation.

To clarify, I wasn't saying the Trust's position is untenable as a Trust. They have done nothing wrong here.

I'm saying their position as a board member is untenable.

I notice also that the "It's a secret ballot.. the club are right to let it remain so..." is the weasely excuse being trotted out now on OneF to excuse the board. Oh dear....

Edited by H_B

We haven't actually confirmed that we voted 'no', either. We've stated that a no vote was was carried into the meeting following a board gathering, but that statement is very much open to interpretation, as is every single one we've released on the whole damn saga.

Face facts. Falkirk and Partick will not tell their fans how they voted. Both clubs were waiting for their SPL2 invite.

To come out and confirm a No would have ended that hope.

Confirming a Yes vote is commercial suicide in terms of travelling fans.

In our case we are fairly cosy with the SPL. They have us playing in their reserve league and we enjoy the tummy rubs they give us every so often.

I also read that we were 35 mins away from going up. Dundee almost missed the application dedline. Record points low had we gone up? The boys are great but it would have literally been Men vs Boys.

Anyway, not sure where I stand regarding the vote. I said I wouldn't be back if the SFL bent over for Servco. Thankfully they didn't. I'm very uneasy about what we did though. Not sure I could trust my money to a board that was ready to f**k over Scottish Football.

Edited by Thundermonkey

Anyway, not sure where I stand regarding the vote. I said I wouldn't be back if the SFL bent over for Servco. Thankfully they didn't. I'm very uneasy about what we did though. Not sure I could trust my money to a board that was ready to f**k over Scottish Football.

I don't have a vote on this as I don't go anyway and have no intention of going back, but were that not the case, I would be happier with Falkirk voting "No" and Rangers being in Div One due to the votes of others, than Falkirk voting "Yes" and their shameful scumbaggery not mattering because enough other clubs have a conscience and a backbone.

The only thing Falkirk could affect was their own vote - how everyone else voted was up to them. I don't agree with the "ah well, the end result was fine, so it doesn't matter how the verdict was arrived at" chat (not that I'm saying you are suggesting that - others have though).

I notice that Bairnstrust have gone silent on this matter also... after their statement of the other day, are they really going to climbdown and accept not being told what way the club voted? That will be hideous. dry.gif

Both clubs were waiting for their SPL2 invite.

To come out and confirm a No would have ended that hope.

I don't agree with that either. An SPL2 would have been a vastly different proposal to the laughable one the clubs were asked to consider.

Falkirk made it clear they were willing to negotiate in their horrible earlier statements about Newco, so voting "No" wouldn't have prevented an SPL2 invite. There are actually not that many clubs who realistically could join an SPL2.

Edited by H_B

I really don't care any more. I'm bored shitless at the hysteria behind the entirely predictable and logical placing of Rangers into Div 3 after they were liquidated.

That's done.

Now I have my season ticket and I can't wait for the season to kick off and to see if Sibbald, the Fultons, Duffie and Murdoch can continue to improve and tear this league a new arsehole.

COYB

I don't have a vote on this as I don't go anyway and have no intention of going back, but were that not the case, I would be happier with Falkirk voting "No" and Rangers being in Div One due to the votes of others, than Falkirk voting "Yes" and their shameful scumbaggery not mattering because enough other clubs have a conscience and a backbone.

The only thing Falkirk could affect was their own vote - how everyone else voted was up to them. I don't agree with the "ah well, the end result was fine, so it doesn't matter how the verdict was arrived at" chat (not that I'm saying you are suggesting that - others have though).

I notice that Bairnstrust have gone silent on this matter also... after their statement of the other day, are they really going to climbdown and accept not being told what way the club voted? That will be hideous. dry.gif

I don't agree with that either. An SPL2 would have been a vastly different proposal to the laughable one the clubs were asked to consider.

Falkirk made it clear they were willing to negotiate in their horrible earlier statements about Newco, so voting "No" wouldn't have prevented an SPL2 invite. There are actually not that many clubs who realistically could join an SPL2.

Bairnstrust will not climbdown on this issue.

Regarding the Rangers SFL vote: move on, it's done and dusted and entirely boring now.

I couldn't care less how we voted, in the end Rangers were put in the 3rd and it'll hopefully be at least 4 seasons before we see them again (assumes we're in the SPL).

All that matters is winning promotion, gubbing the Fifers, hammering the Diamonds and getting a couple of decent cup runs going. (in that order)

Best of luck to the manager and all the players this year.

I will be expecting the unexpected. :ph34r:

and just for the record, if we had voted yes, I may not have personally agreed, but I'd still be going to the games.

Edited by ChrispPancake

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm looking forward to the Hertz game tomorrow night. :D

Live on Falkirk TV for all subscribers, not just overseas. £3 for anyone, including Jambos, who just want to watch the match..

http://falkirkfc.tv/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5772&Itemid=442

Can't be bothered trawling the internet to find out for myself, but have that many clubs actually stated how they voted on Friday? The suggestion on One F is that the breakdown of clubs who have said anything/nothing is;

If that's the case, then I'm not sure we can read any more into it than the board are honouring the 'secret ballot' idea.

That said, the fact that one of the red tops named us makes the silence damaging, so the club should really be saying something.

Thing is allot of those clubs released statements previously stating that they were definitely going to vote no(like Dunfermline), there's little or no point in releasing another statement to state the obvious.