The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We need to get loans done by the end of the window or we're fecked. No emergency loans allowed out with those periods so we need to quickly get anyone in or out.

Not true. You can make loans for a specified period, which I think are either 30 or 90 days.

Remember Longridge / Tumilty came on loan outwith the window and Shepherd / Henderson went the other way.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not true. You can make loans for a specified period, which I think are either 30 or 90 days.

Remember Longridge / Tumilty came on loan outwith the window and Shepherd / Henderson went the other way.

Its changed this season though mate. Those loans are no longer allowed. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/669518/bosses-admit-new-rules-on-emergency-temporary-transfers-will-present-big-challenges/

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Interesting; I didn't know that. Cheers Shod.

Not this season.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why does he hope its not 2.30??

Probably because his schedule for the day is already full and he wouldn't be able to make it.

Edited to add one other point - journos like to try and pretend they're the only ones who have a "scoop". I think when the invite for the Hartley announcement  went out, it stated why the PC was being held. Within minutes of that email landing in the newsdesks,  papers were breaking "exclusives" that our new manager had been confirmed. Even though the press conference was still three or fours hours away.

Nothing like that has happened today. So it's reasonable to assume this is just some plonker at the wind up.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

while Kenny Miller would not be in my top 3 picks as new manager it would be very handy to have the striker Kenny Miller. he's exactly what we need up top someone with experience who knows where the goals are and will hound defenders. while his management would be in question his goals might just keep us up.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

while Kenny Miller would not be in my top 3 picks as new manager it would be very handy to have the striker Kenny Miller. he's exactly what we need up top someone with experience who knows where the goals are and will hound defenders. while his management would be in question his goals might just keep us up.

He scored five goals last season. He's completely done.

43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that Livi's budget was lower than ours by a sizeable  last season. In fact it was confirmed at lasts seasons AGM that we had the second biggest budget in the league.  I can't understand why you can't simply accept that.

There’s the stuff that goes through the books, and then there’s the stuff that doesn’t.